Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 Verizon] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock

Tip us?

TeeX2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 92
completely stoked, and forever grateful for all the hard work put into this!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
Note: You will need to unlock the bootloader using instructions/files from Adam Outler before using the Toolkit. His instructions are very good and he has stated he does not want redistribution of anything. There are more details in the Toolkit after you select your model.

Mark.
please forgive a stoop question:

from the original thread, one of the options of the toolkit is to root. So do you mean that we would need to unlock the bootloader BEFORE rooting?

SOTK
Old
Thanks Meter 105
No offense meant, but why the need for a tool to root? Once you unlock, you will have a custom recovery. All you need to do is flash a Rom. All the Roms, including a stock (fully bloated) Rom will come rooted and ready to rock.

G8orDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTK View Post
No offense meant, but why the need for a tool to root? Once you unlock, you will have a custom recovery. All you need to do is flash a Rom. All the Roms, including a stock (fully bloated) Rom will come rooted and ready to rock.

You need root before you can unlock.

nunyazz
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orDroid View Post

Yea, but, his instructions say you have to unlock before you can use the toolkit... lol

SOTK
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:

No you don't actually.

DaRkL3AD3R
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Bad@$$! Thanks looking forward to it!
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
Cyanogen Mod 11 Nightlies

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

No offense taken. You are correct in that you need to Unlock the Bootloader using Adam's method before you can do anything and that process will provide root, busybox and TWRP Recovery. This isn't however JUST a tool to root, you can use it to backup your device, push/pull files, flash newer recoveries when available, flash an insecure kernel for adb root commands, make a nandroid backup directly to your pc, pull your Internal Storage to your pc and much more but I dont think I need to go on anymore.

The verizon devices are a bit different as you have to unlock/root/busybox/twrp before using it where other devices can do all that from scratch using the toolkit but I have been asked by ALLOT of people to provide it and so I have. There is soo much more that you can do on your device than rooting and flashing roms. If you don't want to use it thats fine

Mark.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jsuch2002
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Well said..... Nobody said anyone had to download it or use it!!!!

Sent from my most awesome phone EVER!!!!

G8orDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
No you don't actually.

Yes, you do, actually.

Just try to run Casual on an unrooted device. Unless I am sorely mistaken, the main purpose of flashing the Revision3 rom prior to running Casual is to get root privileges on the phone.

SOTK
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Yes, you do, actually.

Just try to run Casual on an unrooted device. Unless I am sorely mistaken, the main purpose of flashing the Revision3 rom prior to running Casual is to get root privileges on the phone.
That was my whole point from the beginning. You don't need "to root" to unlock. You flash Revision 3 which is already pre-rooted. The whole unlock process gets you unlocked, rooted, and a recovery. At what point do you need a tool to root?