Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,195 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 Verizon] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock

Tip us?

nutpn
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default thanks skip

Will my other 3 donate numbers work on this one, Im a lil stretched here at christmas, but after I can hit you up with some more donations, havent tried the other numbers I got from you to see if it will activate the paid version

US Marines-"NO EASY DAY" Except Yesterday
Semper Fi

G8orDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTK View Post
That was my whole point from the beginning. You don't need "to root" to unlock. You flash Revision 3 which is already pre-rooted. The whole unlock process gets you unlocked, rooted, and a recovery. At what point do you need a tool to root?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
LOL, "Tomato / Tomahto".

But I think you also made my point as well.

SOTK
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
No offense taken. You are correct in that you need to Unlock the Bootloader using Adam's method before you can do anything and that process will provide root, busybox and TWRP Recovery. This isn't however JUST a tool to root, you can use it to backup your device, push/pull files, flash newer recoveries when available, flash an insecure kernel for adb root commands, make a nandroid backup directly to your pc, pull your Internal Storage to your pc and much more but I dont think I need to go on anymore.

The verizon devices are a bit different as you have to unlock/root/busybox/twrp before using it where other devices can do all that from scratch using the toolkit but I have been asked by ALLOT of people to provide it and so I have. There is soo much more that you can do on your device than rooting and flashing roms. If you don't want to use it thats fine

Mark.
I want you to know I appreciate anybody who developes on Android so, again no offense meant, but everything this tool can do can be done without it so I don't quite understand the need for it except for the sake of simplicity. The problem I've run into with some people who use tools like these is they don't ever learn anything except to plug in their device and press some keys on the keyboard. I can't tell you how many friends and acquaintances have sought my help for a bricked device or other such problems who've used automated tools. Most of them don't know what ADB is (some don't even understand what a recovery is and how to properly use it) and yet their device is unlocked and rooted with a recovery installed. My point is that although simplicity can be nice, it breeds incompetency. Don't you think?

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,713

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutpn View Post
Will my other 3 donate numbers work on this one, Im a lil stretched here at christmas, but after I can hit you up with some more donations, havent tried the other numbers I got from you to see if it will activate the paid version
pm me

Mark.

jmorton10
Old
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
I want you to know I appreciate anybody who developes on Android so, again no offense meant, but everything this tool can do can be done without it so I don't quite understand the need for it except for the sake of simplicity. The problem I've run into with some people who use tools like these is they don't ever learn anything except to plug in their device and press some keys on the keyboard. I can't tell you how many friends and acquaintances have sought my help for a bricked device or other such problems who've used automated tools. Most of them don't know what ADB is (some don't even understand what a recovery is and how to properly use it) and yet their device is unlocked and rooted with a recovery installed. My point is that although simplicity can be nice, it breeds incompetency. Don't you think?

I was thinking EXACTLY THE SAME THING, I just didn't want to say it LOL
~John

VZ Note 3, rooted, Beans ROM/Nova Prime/Custom icons
Gear watch with Null 22.1 ROM & Trangulum kernel,themed etc.

Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, rooted W/ Google Playstore & Amazon app store working.
Amazon Prime Video/GMAIL etc. all working perfectly.
Leather Origami case.
Moshi iVisor XT screen protector

MS Surface Pro Tablet W/touch KB
64 gig plus Sandisk (junk) 64 gig MicroSD

Lol, I feel sorry for the pathetic posters who beg everybody to thank them in their signatures.....
The Following User Says Thank You to jmorton10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DaRkL3AD3R
Old
(Last edited by DaRkL3AD3R; 18th December 2012 at 07:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 228
Hey mskip just curious what version of the drivers are included in this toolkit?

I am currently running version 1.5.9.0 and wondering if thats the newest. No matter what version of drivers I've used I'm having serious problems getting my phone to work properly as an MTP device. I get some "missing hardware ID" error. Any ideas or has anyone else had the same problem?

Edit: I unpacked the Toolkit and see that it is a new version of drivers so that's cool. 1.5.16.0 vs 1.5.9.0, nice. Unfortunately I'm still getting wierd problems with the drivers not working. I blame Microsoft lol
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
Cyanogen Mod 11 Nightlies

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13,713

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

I totally agree with your that making things simple can have its downside and im not getting into the whole "we hate toolkits they should be banned" argument though I know thats not your objective.

I make my toolkits for 3 reasons:

1. People like myself who know their way around the manual approach and just want to be able to do things faster. These types of people don't even need to use the toolkit but it just makes life a bit easier

2. People who want to be able to root, busybox, push/pull files, flash files but just arent that technically minded and cant get their head around adb\fastboot commands. I know some people would say "well if you cant figure it out then you shouldnt be doing it" but im not that arrogant and if I can help someone I will.

3. People who get in trouble for any reason and would probably end up throwing their device away or spamming the forum with threads asking for help. I provide very detailed help and instructions for everything the toolkit does which makes it easy to follow even for the most basic user to follow.

Now if people dont want to use my toolkits thats fine but if people dont agree with toolkits then they should also disagree with chainfires cf-root or paul o'brians superroot. I know I have helped allot more people than I ever could by running a 'teaching' thread and and at the end of the day all I care about is helping as many people as possible

Mark.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13,713

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
Hey mskip just curious what version of the drivers are included in this toolkit?

I am currently running version 1.5.9.0 and wondering if thats the newest. No matter what version of drivers I've used I'm having serious problems getting my phone to work properly as an MTP device. I get some "missing hardware ID" error. Any ideas or has anyone else had the same problem?
The toolkit uses the Samsung usb driver pack 1.5.16.0 which is the latest I believe.

Mark.

xweaponx
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Thank you mskip!

I had already rooted and unlocked the bootloader on my phone before downloading your toolkit. However I had a glitch in my recovery and used your toolkit to re-install the CWM recovery!

Although simplicity allows for others to "float" along, I have realized that you can not hold yourself responsible for the choices people make. I too once preferred one-click methods but I got much more involved once I started getting my hands dirty and have learned a great deal more about my devices...

Regardless, I was pleased to use your toolkit to perform a simple action since I have my phone setup up ideally and don't flash roms much.

Again, Thanks!

infinit22
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Does it matter if the phone is on ICS or JB?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app