Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?

Tip us?

CeloCRF
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I'm in Hudson County, NJ and prior to Hurricane Sandy, the signal was sketchy at best. After the storm, I have yet to reach two bars of signal at my home. I called Sprint and they said the towers in my area were afffected by storm and they were aware of the situation and trying to get things back to normal. I have yet to see any improvements. Wimax was available here but LTE looks like mid 2013 at best. Since I renewed my contract to get the SIII, I'll be on the hook until 2014 but this will be my last run with Sprint if I dont see significant improvements on their network around here.

jamarious34
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantJay View Post
I would be gone if I didn't pay $41 a month for unlimited everything with insurance included. At&t, Verizon, and MetroPCS all have LTE in Sacramento where I live and T-Mobile has HSPA+ 42. Sprint doesn't even know when they are going to start to roll out LTE here. In the meantime my 3G is absolutely pathetic. It is very frustrating to say the least. I'm highly considering Straight Talk or T-Mobile with a unlocked Nexus 4 when my contract is up in June.

This message brought to you by SPH-L710 on CM10 using Tapatalk 2
How do you only pay $41??? If that was all I had to pay I wouldnt complain either lol. But I live in Tallahassee, FL and I am lucky to get 300kb/s download speeds, so needless to say, I only use wifi. Also I would only have to pay $15 more to switch to Verizon so thats a no brainer to me.

jamarious34
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sircody View Post
Sprint now has 100% of clearwire....That makes them the Company with the Biggest Spectrum and SoftBank putting Billions into being the number one, He's that type of Guy, no second in the Game for him, so that means lower cost to be coming, unlimited to stay and All others to Envy us Sprint Users.....Good things come to those who WAIT....lol....
So will we be able to use this service with our current phones or do we have to wait and buy newer phones that will have the compatible radios?

jamarious34
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghfan3 View Post
Probably switching my 5 lines to Straight Talk. 2 unlimited and 3 on the lower level. It will save me a nice chunk of change, and upgrade my service. Never had Wimax, and will never have LTE. I just beg Sprint every month for the usable 3G that I had 20 months ago. We aren't on a "list" to get anything. They are forcing my hand

Living my life's not hard enough,
Burn me alive inside
Have you thought of going to page plus? I hear their service is pretty great, not to say that Straight Talks service is not.

jamarious34
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaman68 View Post
Never. The service is serviceable but the unlimited data for the price is unbeatable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Unlimited Data?? Hahaha when you only get 300kb/s down, unlimited data is useless. I would rather pay $15 more on Verizon and get LTE speeds on have 4gb of data that I will never exceed. I guess it would be a good deal if I lived in an area that had reasonable data speeds tho.

jamarious34
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHusker View Post
I live in WNY, and actually get pretty decent Sprint service day to day. It prob helps that I have an Airave at home, and am on Wifi both at the office and home. Just renewed for 2 yrs with the Sam's Club $0.96 GS3 deals, renewed both lines on account. Also get 23% discount, and unlimited data...so it's gonna be very hard to leave Sprint any time soon...my entire company is on VZW, and our company gets 17% discount, still not worth giving up unlimited data for!
But unlimited data means nothing unless you can use it. If you are on wifi all the time then unlimited data is worthless to you too. With Verizons "limited" data plan you can get 4gb of data and trust me you will never use that much. But like I told the other guy, if you get reasonable data speeds where you live then Sprints plan IS unbeatable. I only get on average 300kb/s down lol

mionky
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default Atlanta, GA

Here in the Atlanta, GA area, I get pretty good service since they turned on all the LTE towers. One place I don't get good reception is in my house. I have considered trying to get a free airrave to solve that. I will be sticking with Sprint, unless things suddenly go to pot.

Speedin07si
Old
Thanks Meter 1085

I'd say that's not bad for 3G inside my house.

2 months ago it was unusable.

Sent from Pluto.
Experimentation remains the best catalyst for progression.

ivcesar
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Honestly, since the network vision started my service became alit better. In every way. I had dead spot in my area in one block I would perfect signal the next completely dead, and now it have a 50% increased in sign in all my dead spot. An network vision has been fully deployed. Before making rush decision I would say wait and see what sprint offers with their network upgrades specially now that they 100% clear. And will have 800mghz spectrum too. I say it going to go to number two if they actually able to keep their word with network vision

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

jhavron
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Forced to leave sprint

I got forced to leave sprint. I had 4 lines on a shared plan, and they booted my number because of excessive roaming. Now I'm stuck with a pretty new GS3 with no use for it. I ported my number to a dumbphone on straightalk toi save the number. Therefore if anyone wants I have a GS3 (16gig) with a cracked screen that I found after I got my new one through insurance, a GS3 (16gig) that Id be willing to trade both for a decent android GSM phone.

PM me if anyone wants it