Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?

OP jamarious34

21st February 2013, 08:52 AM   |  #411  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,742

8,464 posts
More
Re: Who is going to leave Sprint after contract is up?
Yeah new York always had good service , other than subway of course Lol. I visited twice in 09 and in summer of 2010 and both trips I hsd good service throughout the city. From upper east side to the statue of library. And from jersey city to Queens.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...daniel4653.png
21st February 2013, 03:07 PM   |  #412  
Thanks Meter: 9

33 posts
I'll probably stick with Sprint. Where I live their reception is better than the other major carriers and the unlimited data is nice to have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nut_House For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 08:39 PM   |  #413  
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,918

2,435 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxyFan

I have awesome service here in NY most of the time.

I have awesome service all of the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to NYCHitman1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 08:47 PM   |  #414  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 6

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1

I have awesome service all of the time.

That's great

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
22nd February 2013, 03:49 PM   |  #415  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 93

651 posts
More
Unfortunately, Sprint has seriously degraded their coverage Wisconsin. Up until last June, even if you didn't have Sprint service, you would at least have roaming service to make phone calls.

Now, outside of actual Sprint coverage areas, it's a 70-80% likelihood that you get No Service. And that's not just with my GS3. People with the Evo who got great roaming coverage before are getting no service in northern Wisconsin.

I just switched my main line to US Cellular, and have yet to experience No Service. I could brag about getting 10-15Mb 4g speeds, too, but I know that's not quite fair since 4g is not here from Sprint yet.

However, I have unlimited data for only $7 more than the equivalent Sprint plan.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2013, 06:12 PM   |  #416  
Thanks Meter: 86

1,177 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmus

Unfortunately, Sprint has seriously degraded their coverage Wisconsin. Up until last June, even if you didn't have Sprint service, you would at least have roaming service to make phone calls.

Now, outside of actual Sprint coverage areas, it's a 70-80% likelihood that you get No Service. And that's not just with my GS3. People with the Evo who got great roaming coverage before are getting no service in northern Wisconsin.

I just switched my main line to US Cellular, and have yet to experience No Service. I could brag about getting 10-15Mb 4g speeds, too, but I know that's not quite fair since 4g is not here from Sprint yet.

However, I have unlimited data for only $7 more than the equivalent Sprint plan.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using xda app-developers app

Wow

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
24th February 2013, 03:42 AM   |  #417  
Flag brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 12

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
Im choosing to stay. Sprint started rolling out lte in most of brooklyn, New York and finally my area. I called customer service to see when the speeds will be better (right now lte speeds are the same as 3g but thats because they started rolling out). Customer service didnt even know that there was lte in brooklyn ny lol. He said the system only showed lte for the bronx and some of manhattan and queens. Good thing im being patient. I cant beat unlimited data. I download/stream/hotspot and a whole bunch of stuff. I use more than 25gb a month in data. Once lte is fully set in my area I will disconnect my wifi (optimum).

show me something worth my attention
24th February 2013, 04:28 AM   |  #418  
Flag New York

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafella_ny

Im choosing to stay. Sprint started rolling out lte in most of brooklyn, New York and finally my area. I called customer service to see when the speeds will be better (right now lte speeds are the same as 3g but thats because they started rolling out). Customer service didnt even know that there was lte in brooklyn ny lol. He said the system only showed lte for the bronx and some of manhattan and queens. Good thing im being patient. I cant beat unlimited data. I download/stream/hotspot and a whole bunch of stuff. I use more than 25gb a month in data. Once lte is fully set in my area I will disconnect my wifi (optimum).

I already disconnected my Optimum WiFi b4 I joined sprint. But it ended up that 4G doesn't reach my house.

24th February 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #419  
Flag Rio Grande Valley, TX
Thanks Meter: 111

699 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafella_ny

Same here. No more road runner. My friends gs3 on tmobile got 1.12mbs downloading a torrent off the hotspot. Rooted of course. Just waiting there working on McAllen, TX as we speak! Finally 4g. Almost jumped ship but I can't find good roms for tmobile gs3 that would convince me to switch. But you best believe I will have the gs7,8,9,10,11,12,.... If they keep on supporting Odin and making it so easy to recover a bricked phone! But they could update the build with some damn aluminum framework or something.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Frostacious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2013, 03:34 PM   |  #420  
Flag New York

92 posts
More
Wow!! All of Brooklyn NY has excellent 4G LTE!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread