FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

unlock sim for Straight Talk SGS2- SGH-S959G

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By sharizan78, Junior Member on 18th December 2012, 06:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've purchased the Straight Talk (Tracfon) Samsung Galaxy S2 Model SGH-S959G. However, the sim is locked. Is there anyway that I can unlock it and also root the phone?

Please help me.
Last edited by sharizan78; 18th December 2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: add
 
 
30th December 2012, 03:15 PM |#2  
mrdreamers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 40
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharizan78

I've purchased the Straight Talk (Tracfon) Samsung Galaxy S2 Model SGH-S959G. However, the sim is locked. Is there anyway that I can unlock it and also root the phone?

Please help me.

i have the same phone and want to root it too!
ill post here when i find out, im having a heck of a time trying to find out tho!

15th January 2013, 10:03 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
unlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharizan78

I've purchased the Straight Talk (Tracfon) Samsung Galaxy S2 Model SGH-S959G. However, the sim is locked. Is there anyway that I can unlock it and also root the phone?

Please help me.

Hello! Did you find a way how to unlock this phone? Thanks!
7th October 2013, 10:51 PM |#4  
abidcastaneda's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Brownsville
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazasja

Hello! Did you find a way how to unlock this phone? Thanks!


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33902328
25th November 2013, 06:30 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
So New Kernel == Unlock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abidcastaneda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=33902328

That thread shows how to install a new kernel on the device, which is great. But does that mean it is also unlocked (besides rooted)?

Thanks
7th August 2014, 08:48 PM |#6  
abidcastaneda's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Brownsville
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaakovg

That thread shows how to install a new kernel on the device, which is great. But does that mean it is also unlocked (besides rooted)?

Thanks

Nope, there used to be an app to unlock it, downloaded it from google play store, but I think you can only find it here at xda developers now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes