Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFFICIAL]CM10.1.3 Release for D2VZW GSIII (OP updated 9/24/13)

Tip us?

tanpatnode
Old
(Last edited by tanpatnode; 19th December 2012 at 02:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
ODIN'ing back for every update is a pain, I guess I'll just have to deal with no data besides, I don't think I go anywhere where they don't have WIFI. I had data on previous updates don't know why this one doesn't have it. I guess you've gotta find that happy medium after you have camera and before the data loss.
Is it back to downgrade through the CM updater?
Also, does anyone know when we'll get the sphere camera option?

jdubau55
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Going to wait this out before I try. The thought of flashing and getting a headache trying to get things working again is holding me back. Esp. if simply flashing a backup doesn't restore data.

Deevious88
Old
Thanks Meter 34
EDIT: If you have yet to flash anything and are scared of doing so: DON'T BE! Just DON'T flash the Official 10.1 nightly "cm-10.1-20121218-NIGHTLY-d2vzw.zip". Flashing any of the Unofficial versions is FINE!

Hallelujah! My phone has voice AND data back! (thanks to the posters above)

How to get voice AND data back:
1.) Odin the root66.tar file from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1762204 (the torrent version downloads MUCH faster)
2.) Open the dialer and enter *2767*3855#
3.) DONE! Voice and data should be fixed (it fixed it for me at least, and I had tried EVERYTHING else)

From there just Odin back to Jellybean following http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1974114 and you're golden... Just make sure you don't flash the Official Nightly's again until they're fixed, heh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deevious88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

will.bates94
Old
(Last edited by will.bates94; 19th December 2012 at 03:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Well....I guess I cant even figure this one out....apparently I am not picking up some data for applications like messaging because instead of names on the list i have their phone numbers instead.... anybody find a fix for this?

Edit; I am also on the unoffical build that somebody had posted in this thread a few pages back. I also just flashed the updated gapps

Zacharybinx34
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Anyone know about the tethering

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

will.bates94
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharybinx34 View Post
Anyone know about the tethering

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
I too am having tethering problems. and when i try foxfi it crashes instantly when trying to enable it.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

fixed my problems with contact data. after id flashed my gapps and let is sync contacts again everything came back up. so only known issues is tethering that ive run into. will look for more and report back

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

It still looks like im getting crashes from play music, books, and voice. I see someone earlier said they have everything working...

wonderrx
Old
(Last edited by wonderrx; 19th December 2012 at 03:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droosh View Post
I did a clean flash (wiped data, system, internal storage) of the official this morning before all the no data warnings came out. It couldn't activate as we now well know. I struggled with this a bit and clean installing an unofficial nor a 10.0 ROM would get it back.

YMMV, but what worked for me was to NANDROID back to CM10. Then I toggled CDMA subscription (in Mobile Network settings) to NV. I then toggled on and off airplane mode. I then switched it back to RUIM/SIM, turn off airplane mode and PAYDIRT!

I then did a full wipe again and installed an unofficial 10.1 build and it activated right away.

Incidentally, I'm not have any of the problems that people are discussing in the G+ community. It may because of the clean install, the test LeanKernel, or using the 12/12 gapps.

Good luck and happy flashing!
I followed Droosh's fix and it worked for me. Flashed back to a 10.0 backup, did the toggling he said a few times, not sure it was the same order he did it but toggled it back and forth, airplane mode a few times. Might have even done a reboot but that brought back voice and data. Did a 4G speed test.

I then did a factory wipe/cash/dalvik and restored a 4.1.1/touchwiz backup and it also had phone data.

To make it clear, I did NOT Odin anything, didn't flash a 4.0.4 or anything to get it back, just went back to CM10.0 TWRP backup and togged around the things listed above. Everything works fine back on my 4.1.1 touchwiz too when I went back to it via backup.

Just restored my original CM10.0 backup and flashed aerovan's 12-17 10.1 build and it worked fine/had data/voice. I am going back to 4.1.1 for now. Either I don't understand how USB works for accessing the phone storage or it's not working right showing me the full drive both internal and external. Also seemed like my phone reception was weaker, that shouldn't happen should it?

I'll be checking 10.1 out in a week or two after you all have banged around on it! Just thrilled that the bluetooth issue is fixed.

derik123derik123
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Alright.. So unfortunately I did not get a chance to see this thread before I dirty updated via the cm-updater..

So here is what I have
No data
Phone number is 000-000-8617
Imei looks good.
Dirty flashed one of the unofficial Roms posted on the first page..
Didn't fix it.

Help??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

will.bates94
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
Alright.. So unfortunately I did not get a chance to see this thread before I dirty updated via the cm-updater..

So here is what I have
No data
Phone number is 000-000-8617
Imei looks good.
Dirty flashed one of the unofficial Roms posted on the first page..
Didn't fix it.

Help??

Id made the same mistake. Hmmm.... let me think for a bit because i was exactly where you were at one point....

cvo515
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Latest TWRP. Monstamoon personal kang build.... Latest Gapps. I've not had 1 single issue coming from cm10 12/16 build. I advise you to try this method for anyone looking to give it a shot. No FC. Everything works perfect. No issue really handing off 3g 4g.

Edit....I obviously did a full wipe