5,593,401 Members 36,262 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] Force Verizon phone to use HSPA+ instead of LTE, and disable fast dormancy

Tip us?

pfak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Database [REF] Force Verizon phone to use HSPA+ instead of LTE, and disable fast dormancy

The following changes can be made to /system/build.prop to make the device function a "bit better" on non-Verizon networks (eg. disable LTE if you don't have it, and fast dormancy for providers like Rogers that don't support it.):

Code:
ro.mot.ds.fastdormancy.disable=true
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0
ro.telephony.default_network=3
Parameters should be self explanatory!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pfak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamrenne
Old
(Last edited by iamrenne; 20th December 2012 at 04:46 PM.) Reason: uncomplete
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfak View Post
The following changes can be made to /system/build.prop to make the device function a "bit better" on non-Verizon networks (eg. disable LTE if you don't have it, and fast dormancy for providers like Rogers that don't support it.):

Code:
Great job!

Does this also work for the HTC Droid DNA Verizon with another carrier?
Now:
HTC Droid DNA
LG Nexus 4

Before:
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT9100
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

richie390
Old
Thanks Meter 142
So basically even though it forces to use HSPA, and the phone doesn't support the 1700/2100 bands for T-Mobile; I would still have to wait until T-Mobile covers the 1900 in my area?

PREVIOUS PHONES:
MotoV3 Dark Gray >> MotoV3 Gold >> Blackberry Curve 8320 >> HTC HD2 (Android) >> LG G2x >> HTC Sensation >>
---------------------
DEVICE: Oppo Find 5
ROM: Stock [X909EN_13_130531]
RECOVERY: CWM Touch 6.0.3.2
KERNEL: Stock
EXTRA: ROOTED

ibawanzingee
Old
Thanks Meter 75
mt4g slide here - What I wanna know is, where to get: (from the image)

Wallpaper
and how to make my nav bar CLEAR, INCLUDING obtaining those really cool nav buttons.

Thanks for any help.

brownrt
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Verizon RAZR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfak View Post

Code:
This OP is pretty abrupt. Does this build.prop edit only cover the Unlocked Bootloader version of the Verizon Razr HD or does it cover the consumer edition as well?
Does this ultimatly mean that domestic US Sim cards can be placed in the slot without flashing the radio or am i misinterpreting this thread all together?

Mr.Mischief
Old
Thanks Meter 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownrt View Post
This OP is pretty abrupt. Does this build.prop edit only cover the Unlocked Bootloader version of the Verizon Razr HD or does it cover the consumer edition as well?
Does this ultimatly mean that domestic US Sim cards can be placed in the slot without flashing the radio or am i misinterpreting this thread all together?
To date, there has not been an unlock developed for the Verizon RAZR so it can run on a US GSM network.

Note that in the OP, he specifically mentioned Rogers. If you take a Verizon RAZR to Canada, you can use it on a GSM network. His instructions are so people can turn off LTE and fast dormancy(since it isn't supported on Rogers).

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

brownrt
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Just to clarify there its a desirable radio for the Verizon HD that would allow you to use it on US carriers. its based on an Australian carriers version of the phone. The only problem is that it will not allow you to switch between VZW and other carriers on the fly and requires re flashing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to brownrt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hondaguy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quick question, i have a Rogers branded razr HD and I want to disable fast dormancy and be able to lock it to 3g at times. Can I use this same method for my version of the phone? Thanks
-------------------------------------

Optimus G (Roger)

-------------------------------------

Motorola RAZR HD

--------------------------------------
thund3rbay Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy View Post
Quick question, i have a Rogers branded razr HD and I want to disable fast dormancy and be able to lock it to 3g at times. Can I use this same method for my version of the phone? Thanks
yes for sure ...
just edit this line..
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pfak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaguy View Post
Fast dormancy is already disabled on Rogers Razr HD, and LTE can be disabled under Mobile networks.