How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bricked Desire HD?

OP Elliottc

18th December 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey, I recently tried to go back to stock from cyanogenmod but something went wrong and now when I boot up the phone it gets stuck at the HTC screen and does nothing.
here's the information for my boot loader:
ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot

When I go into recovery it comes up with a red triangle exclaimation mark.

I really need to get this fixed as I used my phone for work! any help is greatly appreciated.

I will send anyone 5 over paypal if you can help!
Last edited by Elliottc; 18th December 2012 at 10:00 PM.
18th December 2012, 09:09 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,215

3,277 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliottc

Hey, I recently tried to go back to stock from cyanogenmod but something went wrong and now when I boot up the phone it gets stuck at the HTC screen and does nothing.
here's the information for my boot loader:
ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot

I really need to get this fixed as I used my phone for work! any help is greatly appreciated.

Flash any ROM from recovery. You are still S-OFF. If you lost recovery, then reflash one. Use the guide in my signature to guide (section A-OFF no recovery)

Being S-OFF should leave you flash any ruu you want, but get working phone first and then try again.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
18th December 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan

Flash any ROM from recovery. You are still S-OFF. If you lost recovery, then reflash one. Use the guide in my signature to guide (section A-OFF no recovery)

Being S-OFF should leave you flash any ruu you want, but get working phone first and then try again.

But when I try to flash a rom it gives be a message saying that it couldn't verify the signature...
18th December 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Buenos Aires

3,277 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

But when I try to flash a rom it gives be a message saying that it couldn't verify the signature...

Where are you getting the ruu from? That has to be a signed zip file. Have you tried an exe ruu file?

Btw, why are you trying to get back to,stock?

18th December 2012, 11:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan

Where are you getting the ruu from? That has to be a signed zip file. Have you tried an exe ruu file?

Btw, why are you trying to get back to,stock?

I've tried running a bunch of different RUUs but it gives me the 155 error and I run it when the htc screen is up.

Update:
I went into the boot menu and ran the RUU, it has installed but it is a real old version of android, how do I update it?
Last edited by Elliottc; 18th December 2012 at 11:39 PM.
19th December 2012, 02:07 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Buenos Aires

3,277 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've tried running a bunch of different RUUs but it gives me the 155 error and I run it when the htc screen is up.

Update:
I went into the boot menu and ran the RUU, it has installed but it is a real old version of android, how do I update it?

Do not try to flash a froyo ruu...you will mess your bootloader unless your device was shipped with that version. What version are trying to update to?

19th December 2012, 07:26 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

25 posts
In your case, you may be able to skip right to step 5, so I'd try the htcdev stuff first. If you don't get an oem identifier key, you'll have to start from step 1.

1) You need http://www.mobfirmware.com/dl/behtas...%20dhd/rom.zip
Move it to where your adb files are.

Then do the following from adb:

2) adb reboot oem-78 >> this will put you in RUU download mode. I found you can run this command from CWM Recovery. Though... if you don't have any recovery I'm unsure how to hit RUU download mode. There is an .exe from HTC Dev that'll do it from Fastboot, so there must be a command (fastboot reboot oem-78 maybe??)

Once you're at the black screen w/ silver HTC logo, type:

3) fastboot flash zip rom.zip >> This will change your hboot to one w/ an oem signature. Once it's successful, type:

4) fastboot reboot

5) Now, you'll need to go to htcdev.com/bootloader and follow the instructions to get your KEY (fastboot oem get_identifier_token) and paste it to HTCDev to get your boot unlock bin file emailed to you. Follow the last steps to unlock your bootloader.
The steps are something like: boot to fastboot> type oem command> copy / paste key to htcdev> receive email> download .bin file to adb folder> run command to unlock w/ .bin file (it's on the htcdev site).

NOW you can flash the custom recovery or boot imgs without getting the "Signature Verified Fail" Error.

Goodluck! I just went through this whole process of no CWM and no ROM so you can get your phone up and going w/ a custom rom from where you're stuck! Don't give up!
Last edited by luncht1me; 19th December 2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: clarifications
19th December 2012, 12:23 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Buenos Aires

3,277 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luncht1me

In your case, you may be able to skip right to step 5, so I'd try the htcdev stuff first. If you don't get an oem identifier key, you'll have to start from step 1.

1) You need http://www.mobfirmware.com/dl/behtas...%20dhd/rom.zip
Move it to where your adb files are.

Then do the following from adb:

2) adb reboot oem-78 >> this will put you in RUU download mode. I found you can run this command from CWM Recovery. Though... if you don't have any recovery I'm unsure how to hit RUU download mode. There is an .exe from HTC Dev that'll do it from Fastboot, so there must be a command (fastboot reboot oem-78 maybe??)

Once you're at the black screen w/ silver HTC logo, type:

3) fastboot flash zip rom.zip >> This will change your hboot to one w/ an oem signature. Once it's successful, type:

4) fastboot reboot

5) Now, you'll need to go to htcdev.com/bootloader and follow the instructions to get your KEY (fastboot oem get_identifier_token) and paste it to HTCDev to get your boot unlock bin file emailed to you. Follow the last steps to unlock your bootloader.
The steps are something like: boot to fastboot> type oem command> copy / paste key to htcdev> receive email> download .bin file to adb folder> run command to unlock w/ .bin file (it's on the htcdev site).

NOW you can flash the custom recovery or boot imgs without getting the "Signature Verified Fail" Error.

Goodluck! I just went through this whole process of no CWM and no ROM so you can get your phone up and going w/ a custom rom from where you're stuck! Don't give up!

Why would he want to unlock the bootloader when he is already S-OFF?

Besides, it is not possible to flash ruu with an unlocked bootloader. And signature fail will always be there. Even custom roms are signed. Of course not HTC signature, digitally signed.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread