5,604,686 Members 35,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked Desire HD?

Tip us?
 
Elliottc
Old
(Last edited by Elliottc; 18th December 2012 at 09:00 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Bricked Desire HD?

Hey, I recently tried to go back to stock from cyanogenmod but something went wrong and now when I boot up the phone it gets stuck at the HTC screen and does nothing.
here's the information for my boot loader:
ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot

When I go into recovery it comes up with a red triangle exclaimation mark.

I really need to get this fixed as I used my phone for work! any help is greatly appreciated.

I will send anyone 5 over paypal if you can help!
 
glevitan
Old
#2  
glevitan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1186
Posts: 3,247
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliottc View Post
Hey, I recently tried to go back to stock from cyanogenmod but something went wrong and now when I boot up the phone it gets stuck at the HTC screen and does nothing.
here's the information for my boot loader:
ACE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-2.00.0027
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.14.04.28_M
eMMC-boot

I really need to get this fixed as I used my phone for work! any help is greatly appreciated.
Flash any ROM from recovery. You are still S-OFF. If you lost recovery, then reflash one. Use the guide in my signature to guide (section A-OFF no recovery)

Being S-OFF should leave you flash any ruu you want, but get working phone first and then try again.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator
 
Elliottc
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
Flash any ROM from recovery. You are still S-OFF. If you lost recovery, then reflash one. Use the guide in my signature to guide (section A-OFF no recovery)

Being S-OFF should leave you flash any ruu you want, but get working phone first and then try again.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
But when I try to flash a rom it gives be a message saying that it couldn't verify the signature...
 
glevitan
Old
#4  
glevitan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1186
Posts: 3,247
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliottc View Post
But when I try to flash a rom it gives be a message saying that it couldn't verify the signature...
Where are you getting the ruu from? That has to be a signed zip file. Have you tried an exe ruu file?

Btw, why are you trying to get back to,stock?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator
 
Elliottc
Old
(Last edited by Elliottc; 18th December 2012 at 10:39 PM.)
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
Where are you getting the ruu from? That has to be a signed zip file. Have you tried an exe ruu file?

Btw, why are you trying to get back to,stock?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
I've tried running a bunch of different RUUs but it gives me the 155 error and I run it when the htc screen is up.

Update:
I went into the boot menu and ran the RUU, it has installed but it is a real old version of android, how do I update it?
 
glevitan
Old
#6  
glevitan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1186
Posts: 3,247
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliottc View Post
I've tried running a bunch of different RUUs but it gives me the 155 error and I run it when the htc screen is up.

Update:
I went into the boot menu and ran the RUU, it has installed but it is a real old version of android, how do I update it?
Do not try to flash a froyo ruu...you will mess your bootloader unless your device was shipped with that version. What version are trying to update to?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator
 
luncht1me
Old
(Last edited by luncht1me; 19th December 2012 at 06:30 AM.) Reason: clarifications
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2012
In your case, you may be able to skip right to step 5, so I'd try the htcdev stuff first. If you don't get an oem identifier key, you'll have to start from step 1.

1) You need http://www.mobfirmware.com/dl/behtas...%20dhd/rom.zip
Move it to where your adb files are.

Then do the following from adb:

2) adb reboot oem-78 >> this will put you in RUU download mode. I found you can run this command from CWM Recovery. Though... if you don't have any recovery I'm unsure how to hit RUU download mode. There is an .exe from HTC Dev that'll do it from Fastboot, so there must be a command (fastboot reboot oem-78 maybe??)

Once you're at the black screen w/ silver HTC logo, type:

3) fastboot flash zip rom.zip >> This will change your hboot to one w/ an oem signature. Once it's successful, type:

4) fastboot reboot

5) Now, you'll need to go to htcdev.com/bootloader and follow the instructions to get your KEY (fastboot oem get_identifier_token) and paste it to HTCDev to get your boot unlock bin file emailed to you. Follow the last steps to unlock your bootloader.
The steps are something like: boot to fastboot> type oem command> copy / paste key to htcdev> receive email> download .bin file to adb folder> run command to unlock w/ .bin file (it's on the htcdev site).

NOW you can flash the custom recovery or boot imgs without getting the "Signature Verified Fail" Error.

Goodluck! I just went through this whole process of no CWM and no ROM so you can get your phone up and going w/ a custom rom from where you're stuck! Don't give up!
 
glevitan
Old
#8  
glevitan's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1186
Posts: 3,247
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buenos Aires

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by luncht1me View Post
In your case, you may be able to skip right to step 5, so I'd try the htcdev stuff first. If you don't get an oem identifier key, you'll have to start from step 1.

1) You need http://www.mobfirmware.com/dl/behtas...%20dhd/rom.zip
Move it to where your adb files are.

Then do the following from adb:

2) adb reboot oem-78 >> this will put you in RUU download mode. I found you can run this command from CWM Recovery. Though... if you don't have any recovery I'm unsure how to hit RUU download mode. There is an .exe from HTC Dev that'll do it from Fastboot, so there must be a command (fastboot reboot oem-78 maybe??)

Once you're at the black screen w/ silver HTC logo, type:

3) fastboot flash zip rom.zip >> This will change your hboot to one w/ an oem signature. Once it's successful, type:

4) fastboot reboot

5) Now, you'll need to go to htcdev.com/bootloader and follow the instructions to get your KEY (fastboot oem get_identifier_token) and paste it to HTCDev to get your boot unlock bin file emailed to you. Follow the last steps to unlock your bootloader.
The steps are something like: boot to fastboot> type oem command> copy / paste key to htcdev> receive email> download .bin file to adb folder> run command to unlock w/ .bin file (it's on the htcdev site).

NOW you can flash the custom recovery or boot imgs without getting the "Signature Verified Fail" Error.

Goodluck! I just went through this whole process of no CWM and no ROM so you can get your phone up and going w/ a custom rom from where you're stuck! Don't give up!
Why would he want to unlock the bootloader when he is already S-OFF?

Besides, it is not possible to flash ruu with an unlocked bootloader. And signature fail will always be there. Even custom roms are signed. Of course not HTC signature, digitally signed.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Microsoft Finally Brings Remote Desktop to Windows Phone

You may recall that back in October of last year, Microsoft released itsofficial … more

SideControl Gains New Powers through Xposed

You may recall that a little overa month ago, we first talked about SideCutsby XDA Forum … more

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more