[APP][TUTORIAL] GNote II Camera, Gallery, and Group Pose for GS3 Tmo

Search This thread

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
Guys this is basically me taking this AT&T GS3 thread and converting it to T-Mobile. I flashed and followed the OP of the thread and had FCs. If you already did your own homework on this please don't feel like I am trying to be a know-it-all - just wanted to save some people a little time here using the GS3 T-Mobile.

You need to be rooted obviously

You can download the GNote II camera, gallery, and best group pose HERE but after flashing and installing the group pose, i still had issues. I am running Stock JB

-------------------------------------

Here is what I did:

1. Use a root browser and go into /system/app and rename SecGallery2.apk to SecGallery2.apk.bak and rename SecGallery2.odex to SecGallery2.odex.bak (so you can revert if you want)

2. Flash Camera and Gallery zip from CWM

3. Reboot
[Note] some people have had to flash twice before the GNote II camera installs.

4. Put BestGroupPose.apk in /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r--
(These permissions ) View attachment 1578546

5. Reboot (at this point everything worked except Best Group Pose, it force closed on me.)

6. In /system/app, click on the BestGroupPose.apk and select install

7. Navigate to /sdcard/DCIM and delete the .thumnails folder, and clear Gallery / Camera data

8. Reboot

Done. I know these steps seems superfluous but this is what i did and I am not a developer so don't feel like attempting to shorten the steps. Everything now works for me including video Slow Motion and Best Group Pose

Screenshots:
bgp.jpeg

all.jpg

sm.jpeg

Last edited:

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Wayne
You should add that you should also backup the existing SamsungCamera.apk as a bak file. It was the only way to have the Note Camera install successfully for me. It couldn't install/overwrite otherwise.

Also clear your Gallery data if after performing the steps the Picasa part of the gallery doesn't load.

Excellent tutorial, and worked like a charm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: imilleson

Qverse

Apr 29, 2006
Work like a charm ??

Guys this is basically me taking this AT&T GS3 thread and converting it to T-Mobile. I flashed and followed the OP of the thread and had FCs. If you already did your own homework on this please don't feel like I am trying to be a know-it-all - just wanted to save some people a little time here using the GS3 T-Mobile.

You can download the GNote II camera, gallery, and best group pose HERE but after flashing and installing the group pose, i still had issues. I am running Stock JB

Here is what I did:

1. Use a root browser and go into /system/app and rename SecGallery2.apk to SecGallery2.apk.bak and rename SecGallery2.odex to SecGallery2.odex.bak (so you can revert if you want)
3. Reboot
5. Reboot (at this point everything worked except Best Group Pose, it force closed on me.)
7. Naviaget to /sdcard/DCIM and delete the .thumnails folder
8. Reboot

Done. I know these steps seems superfluous but this is what i did and I am not a developer so don't feel like attempting to shorten the steps. Everything now works for me including Slow Motion and Best Group Pose

imilleson, great find and thought ...Well everything worked and is working !! step by step.. even Best group pose..But for me there something wrong ?? Temperature is HOT .. screening is hot , battery getting hot.. I am not sure why but something is wrong, I am going to restore back.. ( Yes always do a CWM backup before changing up things.).
I will play with it and see what up.. anyone having this issue?:confused:

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
You should add that you should also backup the existing SamsungCamera.apk as a bak file. It was the only way to have the Note Camera install successfully for me. It couldn't install/overwrite otherwise.

Also clear your Gallery data if after performing the steps the Picasa part of the gallery doesn't load.

The SamsungCamera.apk is the GNote II's camera , the SecGallery2.apk is both gallery and camera for stock GS3 I believe. Thanks for the tip about clearing cache on gallery

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com
imilleson, great find and thought ...Well everything worked and is working !! step by step.. even Best group pose..But for me there something wrong ?? Temperature is HOT .. screening is hot , battery getting hot.. I am not sure why but something is wrong, I am going to restore back.. ( Yes always do a CWM backup before changing up things.).
I will play with it and see what up.. anyone having this issue?:confused:

That's weird mine works like a charm and is not hot. Did you clear gallery data? Any clocking mods ?

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Wayne
Ah weird, it would crash until I did that and once I redid the flash it worked perfectly.

SDJB

Apr 4, 2008
The SamsungCamera.apk is the GNote II's camera , the SecGallery2.apk is both gallery and camera for stock GS3 I believe. Thanks for the tip about clearing cache on gallery

You forgot to mentioned to back up the. Odex file a well. the camera did not work if you only do the apk file.

Now everything is working like a charm. A bit warn but I did not clear my camera data.

Sent from my SGH-T999

SDJB

Apr 4, 2008
Now the camera does not work after I recorded a video and closed the app with the video mode set.

I am trying to open the app again but it fc. I have restarted the phone and nothing

Sent from my SGH-T999

SDJB

Apr 4, 2008
Odd. I cannot duplicate that issue. Maybe reflash the zip and fix permissions ?

Thanks for trying to help. After several re-flashes and deleting everything I finally got it to work again.

For some reason I can't seem to be able to get rid of the heat when using the app. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is what I did:

3. Reboot
    [Note] some people have had to flash twice before the GNote II camera installs.

(These permissions ) View attachment 1578546

7. Navigate to /sdcard/DCIM and delete the .thumnails folder, and clear Gallery / Camera data

8. Reboot

Done. I know these steps seems superfluous but this is what i did and I am not a developer so don't feel like attempting to shorten the steps. Everything now works for me including video Slow Motion and Best Group Pose

Screenshots:
    bgp.jpeg

all.jpg

sm.jpeg
    Works for me on Wicked. Thanks man great iob

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Will this work on galaxy s4 ??

SeNt FRoM thE 4th GalaXy of the AnDroid uNiVerSe™