Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Tip us?

monkey sausage
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Restarted phone all seems well now..says latest software updated...strange behaviour. ..thanks for the help

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
XDA simply the best

ObenDevin
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default TriangleAway crash

Hello, thanks for this thread. I have a GT-N7100 now but previously i had GT-9100 and i'm familiar with rooting, rom flashing, etc.. and i've used TriangleAway so many times. When i get my hands on note 2 first thing i've done was rooting it with CF Auto Root package via Odin. then i've done wiping steps and after that i tried to flash my counter via TriangleAway(purchased from market). It said i have to download data to use it so i did. When TriangleAway opened "Current Status" said current status cannot be determined so i have to go special boot mode for reset. So i tried to reset my counter. Unfortunately when app tried to check for kernel, first app froze and after that it crashed and showed a warning about app being stopped. I tried to delete and re-install app(no good), gone to download mode it said normal status with 1 custom software install, looked to recovery menu for any changes(it is stock not CWM) and tried to find any wrong thing i've screwed up while rooting. But i couldn't find anything. I've looked at chainfire's blog, TriangleAway app post and everywhere i can think of. I cannot find anything. Can u help me with my problem. Thank you for your time and if i misused English anyhow and it came difficult to read sorry in advance.

limital
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayangkul99 View Post
Firstly, is your device rooted? have you got cwm installed in your device before not being able to boot? If yes i recommend you to try and reflash the file and stock firmware through odin. MAKE SURE that it is for you device! [eg. for n7100 and not for n7105]
No my phone was not rooted before that happened and even when i flash CWM onto it nothing changes -> I'm not getting into recovery

ktp1976
Old
(Last edited by ktp1976; 19th December 2012 at 09:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObenDevin View Post
Hello, thanks for this thread. I have a GT-N7100 now but previously i had GT-9100 and i'm familiar with rooting, rom flashing, etc.. and i've used TriangleAway so many times. When i get my hands on note 2 first thing i've done was rooting it with CF Auto Root package via Odin. then i've done wiping steps and after that i tried to flash my counter via TriangleAway(purchased from market). It said i have to download data to use it so i did. When TriangleAway opened "Current Status" said current status cannot be determined so i have to go special boot mode for reset. So i tried to reset my counter. Unfortunately when app tried to check for kernel, first app froze and after that it crashed and showed a warning about app being stopped. I tried to delete and re-install app(no good), gone to download mode it said normal status with 1 custom software install, looked to recovery menu for any changes(it is stock not CWM) and tried to find any wrong thing i've screwed up while rooting. But i couldn't find anything. I've looked at chainfire's blog, TriangleAway app post and everywhere i can think of. I cannot find anything. Can u help me with my problem. Thank you for your time and if i misused English anyhow and it came difficult to read sorry in advance.
I used cf auto root on a friends n7100. The counter was reset by auto root itself.
You dont need triangle away as separate app. Just use cf auto root and make sure you use the right version for n7100

EDIT: you need triangle away for the counter. Auto root just installs stock recovery after rooting. I was wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app

ObenDevin
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Ktp1976 well even before i used TriangleAway counter was showing 1 due to CF Auto Root flash via Odin. But what you are saying is interesting thoug i've never seen something like it.

GT-N7100 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

ktp1976
Old
Thanks Meter 146
As it seems you are right and my memories were wrong
It installs stock recovery after rooting. You need triangle away to reset the counter. I just looked it up under http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1933542
I did not have any problems though.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda app-developers app

Chayangkul99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObenDevin View Post
Hi, at the moment i would recommend you to try and restock again and then try to reset the counter. You can also try and download the triangle away version from the xda forum(i know its the same but who knows it might make a difference). If this does not work, i would recommend you to try and install redpill kernel and then try to reset counter again then restock, if you are running a custom roms in your phone, everytime you reboot the device will store a counter, so you will have to reset the counter everytime. Hope i have helped you.

Chayangkul99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by limital View Post
No my phone was not rooted before that happened and even when i flash CWM onto it nothing changes -> I'm not getting into recovery
Your case is really weird, maybe try root it before installing the cwm and see what happens. Then after that try and restock it again.

Chayangkul99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 151

DONATE TO ME
Check out my guides here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2055827

ObenDevin
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayangkul99 View Post
Hi, at the moment i would recommend you to try and restock again and then try to reset the counter. You can also try and download the triangle away version from the xda forum(i know its the same but who knows it might make a difference). If this does not work, i would recommend you to try and install redpill kernel and then try to reset counter again then restock, if you are running a custom roms in your phone, everytime you reboot the device will store a counter, so you will have to reset the counter everytime. Hope i have helped you.

First of all thank you and ktp1976 for answering.. Ok now i'm re-download everything from your thread and try it again.. I saw redpill kernel yesterday while i was searching is there any siyah kernel for note 2.. I luvved siyah kernel on my sgs2 but unfortunately there isn't one for it and developer wrote he will not wrote any version of siyah kernel for note series anytime soon.. so while i was looking for a kernel written by a suggested developer from gokhanmoral i came across to it.. the thing is i never have used any kernels double rom features or try to overlock any of my devices, i tried custom roms like miui, cyanogen, lightning on sgs2 but there was always a downside of all of the custom roms and every single time i've re-return to stock roms.. and while using stock roms i don't need any cutting edge features of advanced kernels i just need root permissions for using TitaniumBackup, Root Explorer and ROM ToolBox.. so that is the reason why i didn't try to have an advanced kernel.. Still if you are saying i will need it i will give it a shot.. I'll report after..