Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Tip us?

Chayangkul99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObenDevin View Post
First of all thank you and ktp1976 for answering.. Ok now i'm re-download everything from your thread and try it again.. I saw redpill kernel yesterday while i was searching is there any siyah kernel for note 2.. I luvved siyah kernel on my sgs2 but unfortunately there isn't one for it and developer wrote he will not wrote any version of siyah kernel for note series anytime soon.. so while i was looking for a kernel written by a suggested developer from gokhanmoral i came across to it.. the thing is i never have used any kernels double rom features or try to overlock any of my devices, i tried custom roms like miui, cyanogen, lightning on sgs2 but there was always a downside of all of the custom roms and every single time i've re-return to stock roms.. and while using stock roms i don't need any cutting edge features of advanced kernels i just need root permissions for using TitaniumBackup, Root Explorer and ROM ToolBox.. so that is the reason why i didn't try to have an advanced kernel.. Still if you are saying i will need it i will give it a shot.. I'll report after..
For the moment im running stock rom too , but custom kernel is always better , cause i love extreme undervolting, try it you will like it for sure . Ill be making some tutorial on how to undervolt safely too!

"If i have helped you, just hit the "thanks" button pls"-sent from my GT-N7100
The Following User Says Thank You to Chayangkul99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ObenDevin
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Cool Interesting binary counter..

Yes, yesterday night i backed up and re-root my note 2.. First I was following Chayangkul99's guide way no:1 but i have failed to reset my counter.. After half a hour and 4 root, un-root, re-root, etc; the solution came itself.. For that time being i thought what the heck it's not working anyway and i decide to follow dr. ketan's guide(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896696) by rooting way no:2 after all was done i downloaded redpill kernel and put it on my phones memory, and uplied zip under firmware mode and tadaaa redpill kernel was installed.. After I was done I turned phone on, installed TriangleAway from market, opened TriangleAway(and get shocked by no download requirement), my counter status was 5 so i resetted it.. Nothing gone wrong.. Now the interesting part begins.. When i want to check on download mode i saw neither my counter has raised nor my status was custom.. i read about everywhere people who hasn't use CF Auto Root gets binary status custom and they can't use Kies updates anymore.. and there was one more thing i was suprised.. i didn't check auto reset counter option but no matter how many times turn on and off and on again counter doesn't raises.. I've read somewhere about a chip(or a program i can't recall which) on note 2 and sgs3 searches for custom binary particules on every start-up and that's the reason counter always raises to 1.. but in my case counter doesn't raises.. i don't get why but i'm happy now.. by the way it would be nice to have such a guide, even though my battery life is excellent for now and i don't need to undervolt for now i can predict not in a long future battery stats will go crazy and i'll have to undervolt.. So for now i set superuser to
deny sTweak's root access..
The Following User Says Thank You to ObenDevin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chayangkul99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObenDevin View Post
Yes, yesterday night i backed up and re-root my note 2.. First I was following Chayangkul99's guide way no:1 but i have failed to reset my counter.. After half a hour and 4 root, un-root, re-root, etc; the solution came itself.. For that time being i thought what the heck it's not working anyway and i decide to follow dr. ketan's guide(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1896696) by rooting way no:2 after all was done i downloaded redpill kernel and put it on my phones memory, and uplied zip under firmware mode and tadaaa redpill kernel was installed.. After I was done I turned phone on, installed TriangleAway from market, opened TriangleAway(and get shocked by no download requirement), my counter status was 5 so i resetted it.. Nothing gone wrong.. Now the interesting part begins.. When i want to check on download mode i saw neither my counter has raised nor my status was custom.. i read about everywhere people who hasn't use CF Auto Root gets binary status custom and they can't use Kies updates anymore.. and there was one more thing i was suprised.. i didn't check auto reset counter option but no matter how many times turn on and off and on again counter doesn't raises.. I've read somewhere about a chip(or a program i can't recall which) on note 2 and sgs3 searches for custom binary particules on every start-up and that's the reason counter always raises to 1.. but in my case counter doesn't raises.. i don't get why but i'm happy now.. by the way it would be nice to have such a guide, even though my battery life is excellent for now and i don't need to undervolt for now i can predict not in a long future battery stats will go crazy and i'll have to undervolt.. So for now i set superuser to
deny sTweak's root access..
Hi, very happy to see you beable to reset the counter now i personally rooted my device using the second method to, never really liked to use cf-auto root. You should use stweaks as it works very good with the kernel, i currently set my max clock rate to 1704 and did extreme undervolting, my battery life is now still very good btw i will now put the second rooting method as the first one as i think it should work better than the first one

"If i have helped you, just hit the "thanks" button pls"-sent from my GT-N7100
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chayangkul99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dikies
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Horizontal lines flickering

i made a thread here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post35740133

About my screen flickering problem in note2.

Sorry for noob question but what is color setting i cant find in my mobile. Is it a app ? if so link please

Frunobulax
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Hi there.

Since installing ARHD, I couldn't find anymore an option to show only contacts with a phone number in the contacts app. I'm pretty sure it was in a menu inside it before.

Has it moved somewhere else, is it really off or am I THAT blind?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

B3311
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayangkul99 View Post
btw i will now put the second rooting method as the first one as i think it should work better than the first one
Why should it "work better"? What reasons do you have to assume this?

"I think it should work better" is bull, to be honest. Give real and reproducible reasons, or you're just guessing.

moraize
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Ok, Im completely Noob, on n7100.

I Was An Optimus 2X user for a Year and with it I changed Roms/ Kernels many times...

So, I intend to do the same on N7100, I think that custom rom uses a LOT of RAM, many things could be taken off

So, Im in Brazil, and My phone is made HERE, I posted a picture with its information(BB/Kernel/Build).

My question is, Can I put ANY custom rom as I used to do on optimus 2X, or on note 2 i have to use specifics roms acording to the model Build ??

Thanks guys...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-21 22.37.41.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1582552  

Chayangkul99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3311 View Post
Why should it "work better"? What reasons do you have to assume this?

"I think it should work better" is bull, to be honest. Give real and reproducible reasons, or you're just guessing.
I personally have used both method, and the second method install the cwm for you too, the method is what people normally use, but cf-autoroot is trying to make it as close as stock as possible, having cwm is much better than the stock recovery, you can do much more things

"If i have helped you, just hit the "thanks" button pls"-sent from my GT-N7100...some guides here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2055827 .... drop some question here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2055736

Chayangkul99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikies View Post
i made a thread here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post35740133

About my screen flickering problem in note2.

Sorry for noob question but what is color setting i cant find in my mobile. Is it a app ? if so link please
Hii, you can just go to the setting=>display=>screen mode and set it to a cooler color, if you want a custom color profile you will need a mod that support it

"If i have helped you, just hit the "thanks" button pls"-sent from my GT-N7100...some guides here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2055827 .... drop some question here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2055736

Chayangkul99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
Hi there.

Since installing ARHD, I couldn't find anymore an option to show only contacts with a phone number in the contacts app. I'm pretty sure it was in a menu inside it before.

Has it moved somewhere else, is it really off or am I THAT blind?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
I am not really sure about this problem, as i myself didnt try arhd for quite a while now, but i think the problem might be rom specific, so please contact the dev of the rom