It has been forever since they last updated it and they were not responding to my emails. Their website also returns with an error so i am not sure if the company is no longer in business or if they just abandoned the app. (Its ashame honestly i love this app)
But there were a few quirks with the app. For instance, the app had to be manually started every single time you rebooted your phone.
Secondly i read people experienced the app would just stop working.. (I havent experienced this at all yet) But im guessing its due to android cleaning things up to free RAM.
Well i took it on myself and i was able to fix the first issue. After first launching the app and selecting the applications you wish to always have the screen stay on, and then launching the service, after a reboot the app will start again and you dont have to manually start the service.
The second issue i am currently trying to solve by placing a constant notification in the status bar. That is the only way to keep android from cleaning and killing processes.
The app is truly amazing, i have the Galaxy S3 and it has that "Smart stay" thinger where if you are looking at the screen the phone will stay on, well when im watching TV and i look up from my phone for a single second, they screen shuts off. I hate that, so i actually just use KeepScreen, set what apps i wish to always stay on, and then they stay on so long as that app is open and displayed on the screen.
Updated to include a notification that is ongoing and "invisible" in the status bar. This ENSURES 100% that the service WILL NOT be closed by android or anything else. I have been using this version for awhile and love it cause it just simply works.
A little note: The "on going notification" is hard coded. Meaning, there is NO way for the user to disable it. If you dont want an ongoing notification, install the previous version. I made it obvious as to which version has the notification.....
- New auto restart. If the app dies, it will auto restart itself. If you are in an app which you have set to "Lock" the screen on, and the app dies, it MAY still shut off. I am working on a way to detect if the app died while locked and then restart holding a lock as well.
- New notification method. If you are running JB 4.1 or higher, you will NOT have an icon on the status bar all the time. However, if you are on ICS or lower, you will. This is probably the best version to ensure the app never dies.
However, if using the auto restart app. It shouldnt die so long as its holding a lock. Though, there is always the possibility of it dying.
If i had source code i could make this flawless. So i am trying my best! Thanks guys!
COMPLETELY REDONE!!!! I COMPLETELY REWROTE THE SERVICE!!! IT IS PRETTY MUCH FLAWLESS NOW! Please donate
I still have some code optimizing and cleaning up to do, so thats why its "beta"
Also, cannot "stop" service. Cannot use notification method YET will be corrected.
- Optimized keep awake method. No longer using wake lock (should be more reliable)
- Re-enabled notification icon for when the lock is active
- Removed luminosity as it does nothing
- Thanks guys prolly will be the last update
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DONATE THANKS!
A BIG THANKS TO theos0o
for finding my derp mistakes. He is an amazing smali editor and taught me something new about smali code and found my mistake of just not paying attention. So thank you theos0o I greatly appreciate it!
Just download and install using a file browser.