FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

[Q] Stock 4.04 OTA update?

78 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By msinkovich, Member on 19th December 2012, 08:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I got bored in a meeting and I did a system check for updates...it downloaded 4.04. Anything posted about this anywhere?
 
 
19th December 2012, 09:02 PM |#2  
122ninjas's Avatar
Senior Member
Arizona
Thanks Meter: 953
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msinkovich

I got bored in a meeting and I did a system check for updates...it downloaded 4.04. Anything posted about this anywhere?

That isn't right. Verify your model number please. This is not for our phone I am almost 100% sure that it isn't our phone as our phone got it's last update via Kies.
19th December 2012, 09:09 PM |#3  
OP Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
its the SGH-I777.
Last edited by msinkovich; 19th December 2012 at 09:15 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msinkovich For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2012, 09:25 PM |#4  
122ninjas's Avatar
Senior Member
Arizona
Thanks Meter: 953
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msinkovich

its the SGH-I777.

What the ****.... Are you running a custom rom?
19th December 2012, 09:29 PM |#5  
OP Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Nope.... because of my work I have to (more choose to) run stock. I just hit the check for updates and it started to download it.

I let it install because I hoped it was JB but thats what I got out of it. I havent seen much difference in 4.04 and 4.03 and I havent seen anything about it on any site...
The Following User Says Thank You to msinkovich For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2012, 09:31 PM |#6  
122ninjas's Avatar
Senior Member
Arizona
Thanks Meter: 953
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by msinkovich

Nope.... because of my work I have to (more choose to) run stock. I just hit the check for updates and it started to download it.

I let it install because I hoped it was JB but thats what I got out of it. I havent seen much difference in 4.04 and 4.03 and I havent seen anything about it on any site...

This is strange. And very interesting. Thanks for the info. If you notice anything different do report it as you seem to be the only one on 4.0.4. I'm not sure why ATT is updating this phone when the Skyrocket is better in their eyes and they don't even sell this phone anymore...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 122ninjas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2012, 09:36 PM |#7  
OP Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Im disappointed its not JB. But I am also a little weirded out that there isnt much talk about this other places (despite having an older phone).
The Following User Says Thank You to msinkovich For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2012, 09:38 PM |#8  
dandrumheller's Avatar
Senior Member
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Thanks Meter: 834
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 122ninjas

This is strange. And very interesting. Thanks for the info. If you notice anything different do report it as you seem to be the only one on 4.0.4. I'm not sure why ATT is updating this phone when the Skyrocket is better in their eyes and they don't even sell this phone anymore...

Sammy exynos patch maybe?? Seems awfully quick for that tho...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to dandrumheller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2012, 09:44 PM |#9  
122ninjas's Avatar
Senior Member
Arizona
Thanks Meter: 953
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrumheller

Sammy exynos patch maybe?? Seems awfully quick for that tho...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Could very well be... I assume Samsung wants to seem like they care for the customers.
19th December 2012, 09:47 PM |#10  
OP Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
SAM did say in their announcement that they "had known about this issue for some time"...this could be an update they had in the pipeline and didnt release because of an upcoming JB release.

Is there anybody else that can try to see if the update is available to them?
The Following User Says Thank You to msinkovich For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th December 2012, 10:00 PM |#11  
ou812bkewl's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orange
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Got the update. Menus are a bit different and SW Ver is now 5 instead of 4. Guess that means the radio firmware was upgraded too. Neat.
The Following User Says Thank You to ou812bkewl For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes