Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,151 Members 36,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock 4.04 OTA update?

Tip us?

msinkovich
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Stock 4.04 OTA update?

I got bored in a meeting and I did a system check for updates...it downloaded 4.04. Anything posted about this anywhere?

122ninjas
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by msinkovich View Post
I got bored in a meeting and I did a system check for updates...it downloaded 4.04. Anything posted about this anywhere?
That isn't right. Verify your model number please. This is not for our phone I am almost 100% sure that it isn't our phone as our phone got it's last update via Kies.
Galaxy S 5 (ATT) Rooted

msinkovich
Old
(Last edited by msinkovich; 19th December 2012 at 09:15 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
its the SGH-I777.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msinkovich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

122ninjas
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
its the SGH-I777.
What the ****.... Are you running a custom rom?
Galaxy S 5 (ATT) Rooted

msinkovich
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Nope.... because of my work I have to (more choose to) run stock. I just hit the check for updates and it started to download it.

I let it install because I hoped it was JB but thats what I got out of it. I havent seen much difference in 4.04 and 4.03 and I havent seen anything about it on any site...
The Following User Says Thank You to msinkovich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

122ninjas
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Nope.... because of my work I have to (more choose to) run stock. I just hit the check for updates and it started to download it.

I let it install because I hoped it was JB but thats what I got out of it. I havent seen much difference in 4.04 and 4.03 and I havent seen anything about it on any site...
This is strange. And very interesting. Thanks for the info. If you notice anything different do report it as you seem to be the only one on 4.0.4. I'm not sure why ATT is updating this phone when the Skyrocket is better in their eyes and they don't even sell this phone anymore...
Galaxy S 5 (ATT) Rooted
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 122ninjas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msinkovich
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Im disappointed its not JB. But I am also a little weirded out that there isnt much talk about this other places (despite having an older phone).
The Following User Says Thank You to msinkovich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dandrumheller
Old
Thanks Meter 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by 122ninjas View Post
This is strange. And very interesting. Thanks for the info. If you notice anything different do report it as you seem to be the only one on 4.0.4. I'm not sure why ATT is updating this phone when the Skyrocket is better in their eyes and they don't even sell this phone anymore...
Sammy exynos patch maybe?? Seems awfully quick for that tho...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Current: AT&T LG Optimus G (E970) BeanStalk
ASUS Transformer TF101: EOS / KAT

Vizio VTab 1008 Stock Honeycomb (doomed to a rootless existence)

Still around: AT&T HTC Aria - Gene Poole's Liberated Aria

Gone: SGS2 i777 and random stuff dating back to an analog Mitsubishi phone circa 1996.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarlow View Post

If you give a man a blanket you keep him warm for the night. If you light him on fire he is warm for the rest of his life.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)
RESISTANCE
The Following User Says Thank You to dandrumheller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

122ninjas
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandrumheller View Post
Sammy exynos patch maybe?? Seems awfully quick for that tho...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Could very well be... I assume Samsung wants to seem like they care for the customers.
Galaxy S 5 (ATT) Rooted

msinkovich
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
SAM did say in their announcement that they "had known about this issue for some time"...this could be an update they had in the pipeline and didnt release because of an upcoming JB release.

Is there anybody else that can try to see if the update is available to them?