Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][03.23.13] CyanogenMod 10 on HTC DNA; Audio WIP)

OP drewX2

21st December 2012, 05:09 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,210

400 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ill try to get it up or post a zip tonight (not workable, but see if you can troubleshoot ). I was off for a bit bit but now working four long shifts in a row.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to drewX2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd December 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 225

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
I contacted cayniarb.. most familiar will remember him from all the tiamat htc kernels.. not sure if he will help but i sent him a link to the forum for him to take a look..

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

since i am not versed in helping you guys ill will post cayniarbs comments in hopes something might give you a idea.. we talk breifly and when i say breifly it was only a few lines... " ok this isnt a unexpected problem the devs should try to straight up disabling problem drivers--- turning off usb means no debugging , but it might also make it boot---- as far the actual kernel changes for that it will consist of of rippin gour the sense usb drivers and replacing them with google driver.. by disable i mean just cut the init references out of the ramdisk"

hope this gives someone and idea that maybe they didnt have before.. sorry i can be no help- my skill dont lend to being this early in the project.
The Following User Says Thank You to leech2082 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego

400 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leech2082

I contacted cayniarb.. most familiar will remember him from all the tiamat htc kernels.. not sure if he will help but i sent him a link to the forum for him to take a look..

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

since i am not versed in helping you guys ill will post cayniarbs comments in hopes something might give you a idea.. we talk breifly and when i say breifly it was only a few lines... " ok this isnt a unexpected problem the devs should try to straight up disabling problem drivers--- turning off usb means no debugging , but it might also make it boot---- as far the actual kernel changes for that it will consist of of rippin gour the sense usb drivers and replacing them with google driver.. by disable i mean just cut the init references out of the ramdisk"

hope this gives someone and idea that maybe they didnt have before.. sorry i can be no help- my skill dont lend to being this early in the project.

Thanks for helping out anyway you can. Now that I've completed my work stretch, I can go back to working on this a bit. What he is saying is essentially what I am doing, however, the simple fact of taking a working boot.img, splitting it up, then remaking with zero changes and it it not working anymore has eluded me.
Last edited by drewX2; 24th December 2012 at 07:56 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drewX2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2012, 07:24 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Developer
Flag Edison, NJ
Thanks Meter: 3,151

1,728 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewX2

Thanks for helping out anyway you can. Now that I've completed my work stretch, I can go back to working on this a bit. What he is statins is essentially what I am doing, however, the simple fact of taking a working boot.img, splitting it up, then remaking with zero changes and it it not working anymore has eluded me.

Wink, wink!

D

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dsb9938 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #15  
Flag Modesto, CA
Thanks Meter: 196

503 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb9938

Wink, wink!

D

Haha judging by the amount of thanks I think we are all hoping that aosp is coming really soon for xmas and you guys are just playing us, haha. Thank you for your amazing work bringing the world of real android closer to reality
24th December 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 95

164 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leech2082

Leech I actually worked with him two weeks ago to build an Tiamat AOSP kernel for the DNA. Since then I've had my birthday and 3 family members birthdays and now Christmas. The zip is still on my system waiting to be flashed We'll get it to work. The dudes built kernels for every single HTC device to date practically. I have faith.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rayfin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego

400 posts
Donate to Me
More
Kernel building no longer issue. I just had one command left out which kept giving me a PITA. Now to find out which things can be eliminated from HTC and still boot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewX2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2012, 11:28 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 315

1,326 posts
And now to get the hardware to work properly lol. Battle has just begun. Great work guys. Will be downloading and attempting to fix some things after Xmas.

Sent from my DNA.
The Following User Says Thank You to idkwhothatis123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2012, 11:48 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 607

528 posts
Donate to Me
More
When did they add xxhdpi to aosp?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
25th December 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #20  
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 608

1,977 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwhothatis123

And now to get the hardware to work properly lol. Battle has just begun. Great work guys. Will be downloading and attempting to fix some things after Xmas.

Sent from my DNA.

Do you really have to wait until after Christmas? Come on.

The Following User Says Thank You to orangechoochoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, cyanogenmod, dna, dxl, monarudo
Previous Thread Next Thread