Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[A] Mods without hacking APKs or custom rom (multiwindow any app)

Tip us?

h0tw1r3
Old
(Last edited by h0tw1r3; 20th December 2012 at 07:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,099

DONATE TO ME
Default [A] Mods without hacking APKs or custom rom (multiwindow any app)

1. Install and run Exploit apk to get root:
  2. Install XposedInstaller-ICS_JB-rc2.apk, follow instructions on post.
  3. Install XposedMultiWindow.apk.
  4. Open the Xposed Installer app (installed in step 2). Click 'Modules', then check 'xMulti Window Mod', and reboot. (activates the run-time patch allowing all apps to be multiwindow compatible).

BTW, there are more cool Xposed modules (like call recording, per-app dpi, and no 100% battery notification) you can download here. Xposedframework eliminates the need for stock rom chefs imho.
Support Me: Get a free linux server
Devices: Note II LTE (SGH-T889), Note LTE (SGH-I717), ASUS Transformer (TF301)
Rom: Note II - Stock (w/Xposed), Note - CM10, ASUS TF301 - CleanRom
Connect: Downloads - G+ - Github
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to h0tw1r3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

britchris1
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Thumbs up Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tw1r3 View Post
  1. Install and run Exploit apk to get root:
  2. Install XposedInstaller-ICS_JB-rc2.apk, follow instructions on post.
  3. Install XposedMultiWindow.apk.
  4. Install MultiWindow Control app (allows you to customize available apps).
  5. Open the Xposed Installer app (installed in step 2). Click 'Modules', then check 'xMulti Window Mod', and reboot. (activates the run-time patch allowing all apps to be multiwindow compatible).

BTW, there are more cool Xposed modules (like call recording, per-app dpi, and no 100% battery notification) you can download here. Xposedframework eliminates the need for stock rom chefs imho.
Thanks so much this is brilliant!!

So if I installed the new stock deodexed rooted Rom from teshxx (which has the new Tmo multi window update) I can still use the above method to add multiple apps to multiwindow?

h0tw1r3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,099

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by britchris1 View Post
So if I installed the new stock deodexed rooted Rom from teshxx (which has the new Tmo multi window update) I can still use the above method to add multiple apps to multiwindow?
Yes, you can use xposed with any rom.

kodochax
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Thanks for this just found this tool today I didnt want to go through the trouble of custom roms so glad we could get this done with just root! One question tho anyway to change it so every able doesnt show on the big multiview app aftee clicking edit I have a bunch of apps and it lags when scrolling.
Thanks again!
♥Galaxy Note ll
Device: OnePlus One
ROM:Stock CM 11S
Kernel:Stock

Kuime
Old
(Last edited by Kuime; 20th December 2012 at 05:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
How do I know if the multi-window works? I followed all these steps, but what I got is exactly the same as before. Where is the multi-window and how to call it out? Tried long press the return button but nothing happened. Or it does not work for T-mobile device?
Darkness gives me black eyes while I use them to look for Brightness.

knarfies
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I have completed the installation and have to admit that this made my night. Huge props to the person who developed this. Installing on my partners note 2 as well. Looking forward to seeing what else xposed comesbup with

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

kodochax
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuime View Post
How do I know if the multi-window works? I followed all these steps, but what I got is exactly the same as before. Where is the multi-window and how to call it out? Tried long press the return button but nothing happened. Or it does not work for T-mobile device?
Did you do the T-mobile update from yesterday? If so toggle multi window on in Settings--->Display. If you've done that then hold down your back button for a couple seconds the multi window should pop up at the left. You can hold back to hide it again.
Device: OnePlus One
ROM:Stock CM 11S
Kernel:Stock

h0tw1r3
Old
(Last edited by h0tw1r3; 20th December 2012 at 04:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,099

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuime View Post
Updated the subject. As the post above states, you need to be running the newest update.

This situation is an excellent example of why the xposed framework is such a great way to mod.

Had this been a standard flash patch, you would likely have force closes, or worse a soft brick.

With xposed, those problems are a thing of the past. If it can't hook the mod in, nothing happens (just as you are seeing). Hopefully in a future release there will be some indicator if a mod cant be hooked in.

mdt73
Old
(Last edited by mdt73; 20th December 2012 at 09:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 125
Nevermind... got it working. F'n awesome, thank you!
Sent from my gaming rig... which blows away my phone, but looks funny held up against my ear.

nmw407
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Thank you for posting this mod. This made my day - I like keeping my phones with stock rom for as long as I can for stability sakes, and this mod is just what I needed.
HTC G1
HTC MyTouch 4G
Samsung Galaxy Note 2