[ROM][AOSP][4.4.2][WiFi][KOT49H] SomethingExplosive - v2.0.4 - 01/11/14

Search This thread

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
attachment.php

Grouper

This is AOSP built with root capabilities and added functionality. Fast and light!

Features
Here

Changelog
Here

Thanks to
dreamsforgotten
UBER
IT_Blackbelt
mwalt2
bigrushdog for the GAPPS
Mike Wielgosz and his Crossbones repositories, they really helped me get started on this.
Crossbones GitHub
CyanogenMod for the great code they contribute to this community.
CyanogenMod GitHub

Please, let me know what you think and report any problems! Thanks XDA!

Sources:
Google: Android 4.4.2_r1
SomethingExplosive: GitHub
Me: My GitHub

Attachments

• SoMeX.png
    SoMeX.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 33,966
Last edited:
I

iiro

Can you tell us what you're thinking of adding?
It always sucks settling on a ROM which then becomes bloated/themed in a future update.

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Can you tell us what you're thinking of adding?
It always sucks settling on a ROM which then becomes bloated/themed in a future update.

Well currently, it's stock rooted AOSP, as you can tell. I've been thinking about what to do with this ROM, and depending on user preference and if people prefer the stock experience or not, I'll either add more to this or maintain a stock AOSP build and make another ROM with more features.

The point I'm trying to make is, speak up! Let me know what you do and don't like, and I'll take it into consideration.

Right now, I'll probably be adding a couple more things to enhance the experience, like a extended power menu with recovery and boot loader reboot options. Let me know what you think!

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
OnePlus 8T
I'd want user init.d support without any tweaks and let people choose what they want, I love light, clean ROMs like this good job

Sent from my LG-IPROJ using Tapatalk 2

kushasaurus

Jul 16, 2011
Running smoothly on m-kernel. Battery life is most important in my book, stock has always given me that so thanks for this. I think it would benefit from minor tweaks, ie WiFi single click toggle in quick settings, expanded reboot menu and init.d support, but I like it minimal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Running smoothly on m-kernel. Battery life is most important in my book, stock has always given me that so thanks for this. I think it would benefit from minor tweaks, ie WiFi single click toggle in quick settings, expanded reboot menu and init.d support, but I like it minimal.

I'd want user init.d support without any tweaks and let people choose what they want, I love light, clean ROMs like this good job

Sent from my LG-IPROJ using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear guys! Once I fix the driver issues I'll be adding these features. I'm glad you like the ROM. :D

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Should rotation/camera be working yet? These are the only two issues I have on v0.2. Thanks again.

Yeah, that's what I'm working on for v0.3 right now. Sorry it's taking so long, I've been pretty busy. Should have a release here today or tomorrow. Thanks for your patience! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MrGarak

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Working on building a new release now with fixed camera and rotation. If everything goes as planned, I should be uploading this build sometime tonight or early tomorrow!

Thanks for your patience!

I

iiro

When I flashed this and the gapps from Goo.im, I was missing the email.apk and the exhange services apk. I think those are supposed to be in the AOSP apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Grouper

This is AOSP built with root capabilities and added functionality. Fast and light!

Features
    Here

Changelog
    Here

Thanks to
    dreamsforgotten
    UBER
    IT_Blackbelt
    mwalt2
    bigrushdog for the GAPPS
    Mike Wielgosz and his Crossbones repositories, they really helped me get started on this.
    Crossbones GitHub
    CyanogenMod for the great code they contribute to this community.
    CyanogenMod GitHub

Please, let me know what you think and report any problems! Thanks XDA!

Sources:
    Google: Android 4.4.2_r1
    SomethingExplosive: GitHub
    Me: My GitHub
    Downloads

Flashing Instructions
    Download ROM (links below)
    Wipe data,cache,system
    Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Profit!

NOTE: If coming from a previous build, wipe cache and dirty flash! ;)

Current Version (Updated 1/11/14)

Downloads

Google Apps (Updated 1/11/14)

Gapps
    Download
    Hey guys, 4.3 builds are up! Test em out and let me know how they run! I tested a bit and it seems to be pretty stable, let me know if there are any issues. :)

Forgot to mention, the gapps have been updated for 4.3, so you need the new package (updated in OP) to flash with this zip.

Also, Google's dialpad autocomplete has replaced the CM T9 dialer, and will need to be turned on in the Phone settings if you want to use it (it's off by default).
    New build up based off of android 4.2.2 source, with customized quick toggles! Check it out!
    1% Battery

Hi all, in case you like 1% battery (also changed the xml) here the SystemUI's. I made a 27 (original size) and 38px (oversized) version. Just rename to SystemUI.apk and push it to /system/app/
    Hope you are enjoying (and do not forget to hit thanks) - nice Sunday :)