5,599,911 Members 46,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] ESPN Scorecenter v3

Tip us?

docnok63
Old
(Last edited by docnok63; 20th December 2012 at 05:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
Default [APP] ESPN Scorecenter v3

There was a major UI overhaul for this app today, but the Play Store says the new version is not compatible with the DNA (nor any tablets from what I'm reading.) Fortunately, sideloading fixes this issue.

Android Police write up and screenies: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/12...oid-interface/

APK link: http://db.tt/5njVaTY3
My is rollin' wit...
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to docnok63 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rhettnis
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I just gave up on ESPNs crap apps and just use this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...W9iaWxlQXBwIl0.

its basically just their mobile site you can get from the browser, but I find it works a little better than just using it in the browser. I hate using ESPNs apps, I just want some damn score and box scores. I don't want to add favorite teams, I don't care what your different talking heads have to say, I don't want to watch your videos, I don't need the latest update on Tebow, and I don't care who your sleepers are for this week in fantasy golf. I just want some damn scores, which their "Scorecenter" app makes somewhat difficult at times to provide.

With that said, the new update has made some progress over the old version and is a step in the right direction lol.

d0ubl3_d1zzl3
Old
(Last edited by d0ubl3_d1zzl3; 20th December 2012 at 10:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettnis View Post
I just gave up on ESPNs crap apps and just use this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...W9iaWxlQXBwIl0.

its basically just their mobile site you can get from the browser, but I find it works a little better than just using it in the browser. I hate using ESPNs apps, I just want some damn score and box scores. I don't want to add favorite teams, I don't care what your different talking heads have to say, I don't want to watch your videos, I don't need the latest update on Tebow, and I don't care who your sleepers are for this week in fantasy golf. I just want some damn scores, which their "Scorecenter" app makes somewhat difficult at times to provide.

With that said, the new update has made some progress over the old version and is a step in the right direction lol.
If you just want scores, the best app for that, that I've found is Sportacular by Yahoo! Their widget is also way better than ESPN's..
--- D1zzl3 ---
AT&T Galaxy Note 3: Root(ed) de la Vega
Xperia Tablet Z: 10.3.1.A.2.74 - Rooted

rhettnis
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ubl3_d1zzl3 View Post
If you just want scores, the best app for that, that I've found is Sportacular by Yahoo! Their widget is also way better than ESPN's..
well, I don't know why I never thought of that, the yahoo app is great. I pretty much only use yahoo.com/sports and completely avoid espn.com for the same reason I do their apps.

Merovius19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63 View Post
There was a major UI overhaul for this app today, but the Play Store says the new version is not compatible with the DNA (nor any tablets from what I'm reading.) Fortunately, sideloading fixes this issue.
Im pretty comfortable with Scorecenter, I like that I add my favorite teams and it just gives me game times/schedules and news for those teams.

I just got a DNA and am bummed I cant use this app, how does one avoid the compaitibility issue and "sideload" as you called it?

Ill check out the yahoo app in the meantime.

wortz91
Old
(Last edited by wortz91; 21st January 2013 at 04:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Default Re: [APP] ESPN Scorecenter v3

All you need to do is download the .apk file from the post and email it to yourself using your gmail account. When you receive your email, the apk should be an attachment that you uploaded in the email. Then open the email on your phone, click the attachment and install.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Merovius19
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wortz91 View Post
All you need to do is download the .apk file from the post and email it to yourself using your gmail account. When you receive your email, the apk should be an attachment that you uploaded in the email. Then open the email on your phone, click the attachment and install.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Thank you! that worked.

Btw Sportacular sucks.

critiano
Old
(Last edited by critiano; 4th February 2013 at 04:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I also hate using ESPNs applications : Mad:

-------------------
Agences voyages francaise vietnam-Croisiere baie d'halong-Tours Cambodge