Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

[APP] ESPN Scorecenter v3

OP docnok63

20th December 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 654

1,105 posts
More
There was a major UI overhaul for this app today, but the Play Store says the new version is not compatible with the DNA (nor any tablets from what I'm reading.) Fortunately, sideloading fixes this issue.

Android Police write up and screenies: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/12...oid-interface/

APK link: http://db.tt/5njVaTY3
Last edited by docnok63; 20th December 2012 at 05:45 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to docnok63 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th December 2012, 05:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

91 posts
I just gave up on ESPNs crap apps and just use this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...W9iaWxlQXBwIl0.

its basically just their mobile site you can get from the browser, but I find it works a little better than just using it in the browser. I hate using ESPNs apps, I just want some damn score and box scores. I don't want to add favorite teams, I don't care what your different talking heads have to say, I don't want to watch your videos, I don't need the latest update on Tebow, and I don't care who your sleepers are for this week in fantasy golf. I just want some damn scores, which their "Scorecenter" app makes somewhat difficult at times to provide.

With that said, the new update has made some progress over the old version and is a step in the right direction lol.
20th December 2012, 10:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 12

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettnis

I just gave up on ESPNs crap apps and just use this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...W9iaWxlQXBwIl0.

its basically just their mobile site you can get from the browser, but I find it works a little better than just using it in the browser. I hate using ESPNs apps, I just want some damn score and box scores. I don't want to add favorite teams, I don't care what your different talking heads have to say, I don't want to watch your videos, I don't need the latest update on Tebow, and I don't care who your sleepers are for this week in fantasy golf. I just want some damn scores, which their "Scorecenter" app makes somewhat difficult at times to provide.

With that said, the new update has made some progress over the old version and is a step in the right direction lol.

If you just want scores, the best app for that, that I've found is Sportacular by Yahoo! Their widget is also way better than ESPN's..
Last edited by d0ubl3_d1zzl3; 20th December 2012 at 10:06 PM.
21st December 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 16

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ubl3_d1zzl3

If you just want scores, the best app for that, that I've found is Sportacular by Yahoo! Their widget is also way better than ESPN's..

well, I don't know why I never thought of that, the yahoo app is great. I pretty much only use yahoo.com/sports and completely avoid espn.com for the same reason I do their apps.
21st January 2013, 04:11 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docnok63

There was a major UI overhaul for this app today, but the Play Store says the new version is not compatible with the DNA (nor any tablets from what I'm reading.) Fortunately, sideloading fixes this issue.

Im pretty comfortable with Scorecenter, I like that I add my favorite teams and it just gives me game times/schedules and news for those teams.

I just got a DNA and am bummed I cant use this app, how does one avoid the compaitibility issue and "sideload" as you called it?

Ill check out the yahoo app in the meantime.
21st January 2013, 04:16 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

14 posts
Re: [APP] ESPN Scorecenter v3
All you need to do is download the .apk file from the post and email it to yourself using your gmail account. When you receive your email, the apk should be an attachment that you uploaded in the email. Then open the email on your phone, click the attachment and install.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by wortz91; 21st January 2013 at 04:21 PM.
24th January 2013, 03:56 PM   |  #7  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wortz91

All you need to do is download the .apk file from the post and email it to yourself using your gmail account. When you receive your email, the apk should be an attachment that you uploaded in the email. Then open the email on your phone, click the attachment and install.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! that worked.

Btw Sportacular sucks.
25th January 2013, 03:30 PM   |  #8  

15 posts
I also hate using ESPNs applications : Mad:

-------------------
Agences voyages francaise vietnam-Croisiere baie d'halong-Tours Cambodge
Last edited by critiano; 4th February 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread