Hardware : MT6575
Model : O+_8.7_Android
Build number : Oplus_A100ALPS.GB2.MP.V2
Build date UTC : 20120706-085741
Android v : 2.3.6
Baseband v: MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V13.P1, 2012/04/27 18:49
Kernel v : 22.214.171.124 (queen@xyw2) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 Fri Jul 6 16:56:36 CST 2012
Rooted via unsecured boot.img
and successfully flashed ClockWorkMod Recovery.
We need to modify the stock boot.img of the phone because it is "impossible" to root the device that has "ro.secure=1" setting in the boot.img , that is the reason why we need to modify the stock boot.img to have an "ro.secure=0"
If you are able to flash the modified boot.img to the phone.
ANY ROOTING METHOD will do, like
superoneclick, unlock me, or any exploit that uses ZergRush
take note that O+8.7 is MT6575
just follow instructions here if you want how to modify your own stock boot.img
Im not responsible for any damage that may be incured. im just sharing. I hope you understand.
The Easy Way:
If you want to use my modified boot.img. follow the succeeding instructions.
If you already have other versions of the softwares that are provided. Please Do not use them.
Use only provided software versions given to avoid conflict.
1) Download MTKXX_preloader_driver from attachment and install.[IMPORTANT]
2) Download boot.rar extract it and make sure you have boot.img file
3) Download MT6573_Android_scatter.txt
*As you can see, the scatter file is for MT6573, just ignore this, the important thing is the contents inside the file.
4) Using SP_Flash_Tool_v2.1134.00 load first the scatter file provided.
5) From the checkbox below, choose boot and browse for the boot.img provided.
*Make sure you selected the boot.img that is provided or else your phone might end up in a boot loop.
6) make sure to enable debugging mode in your mobile then turn it OFF.
7) Click download and plug in your O+ 8.7 to PC.
8) Then wait for download until you see the green circle.
9) Reboot phone
10) try SuperOneClick v2.3.3 ShortFuse.zip, or any rooting tool you are comfortable with.
CREDIT GOES TO SYMBIANIZER (ARIELANNE)
IF I HELP YOU WITH THIS... JUST A SIMPLE CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON... WILL GLADLY APPRECIATED!