Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 41,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Guide: HOW TO ROOT O+ / 8.7 OPLUS

Tip us?

ericordas
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyKa View Post
is the unlooking of your phone have been successful? if yes go to ADVANCE then click the search for USB DRIVERS. If you are done with this go to GENERAL and click the ROOT SHELL first then the ROOT.

yes sir i already tried that one kaso nalabas padin ung msg na "no signature was blah blah blah" tapos i try to ignore that para ma continue ung rooting, suddenly mag hang na sya tapos un na...

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericordas View Post
yes sir i already tried that one kaso nalabas padin ung msg na "no signature was blah blah blah" tapos i try to ignore that para ma continue ung rooting, suddenly mag hang na sya tapos un na...
sir the same pa din sya no signature was present in the subject

ericordas
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Woooo finally!

Finally I was able to root my O+ 8.7 if someone has the same problems as mine, try to download moborobo, thanks for the ones who helped and replied to my post! :hi ghfive:

kirakuro2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock with rooting o plus 8.7

alright.. i tried rooting my phone.. but i got stock here.. please see attach file.. please help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vooot.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1666477  

kirakuro2
Old
Thanks Meter 0

Alright.. i tried rooting o plus 8.7.. this is whre i got stock.. please help..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vooot.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1666482  

fantomster
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyKa View Post
is the unlooking of your phone have been successful? if yes go to ADVANCE then click the search for USB DRIVERS. If you are done with this go to GENERAL and click the ROOT SHELL first then the ROOT.
it works

kirakuro2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Steps i did in rooting o plus 8.7

I followed the steps which includes downloading the boot.img. Turning phone off and pressing volume up.. it started uploading but it didn't download.. i didn't see the green box.. instead a window that says an error.. (please see attached file)..

QYOBZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
Default did you follow the instruction carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakuro2 View Post
Alright.. i tried rooting o plus 8.7.. this is whre i got stock.. please help..

try again from the beginning when you first read this thread from the start..

================================================== ==========================================

IF I HELP YOU WITH THIS... JUST A SIMPLE CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON... WILL GLADLY APPRECIATED!
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS SO YOU MAY CLICK THANKS BUTTON RATHER THAN THANK ME ON REPLY...
The Following User Says Thank You to QYOBZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

QYOBZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 232

DONATE TO ME
have you insert the boot.img on your flash tool?

================================================== ==========================================

IF I HELP YOU WITH THIS... JUST A SIMPLE CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON... WILL GLADLY APPRECIATED!
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS SO YOU MAY CLICK
<<<<< THANKS BUTTON RATHER THAN THANK ME ON REPLY...
The Following User Says Thank You to QYOBZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kirakuro2
Old
Thanks Meter 0

What do you mean insert boot.img on flash tool? what i did is i click on the boot checkbox and inserted the boot.img... or you mean i should copy and paste boot.img on the folder of my flash tool? i tried both.. i get the same response.. I also tried holding the volume up while the red line is loading, also tried releasing the volume up but i still get the same response.. Is there any way? I really appreciate the response.. very...

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

I was thinking I should just factory reset my phone and try the rooting it but that would be my last resort.. as much as possible i don't want to start customizing my phone from the nothing.. I'll wait for possible solutions.. ..

winksky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Preloader and DSP_BL needed please for Oplus 8.7 re-flashing...

To QYOBZ,

Can you provide me with proper Preloader and DSP_BL images for Oplus 8.7 android.?
Please, I really need help to those files because my back-up Preloader and DSP_BL images doesn't load up.
What should I do to load those 2 files properly?

I need it so that I can revive my bricked Oplus phone because I accidentally subjected the phone for Memory test when I used the SP Flash Tool. I used the same version of SP Flash Tool you have provided QYOBZ, can you help me with this please..!

Thanks!

Tags
8.7, oplus, root, root o+