Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 39,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

|ROM| CSROM SGS3 v1.5 | Fully Customizable | Multi-Carrier | 5 Mar 2013 |

Tip us?

Deggy
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndwn4par View Post
Hey Deggy! Still love my Atrix, but it was time for a new device. The SGS3 is awesome. Lovin' it...
No more stuck battery percentage. No more lack of libs and drivers. No more harassing Motorola/nvidia for source code. No more crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
One of the best sites for wallpapers for computers (and maybe smartphones) -> http://wallbase.cc/random

Add me on Google+! -> http://bit.ly/V1wJmi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dawen
Old
Thanks Meter 47
still have at&t boot animation

likonvampire
Old
Thanks Meter 131
This will be given a run tonight !

Cheers !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
Google Nexus Carbon Black 32 GB

If I've helped you with something , don't forget to hit that "Thanks" button. Thanks is GOLD.

65coupei6
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Nice! Loved the Atrix CSRom. Will flash this tonight.
DEVICE: Samsung AT&T S3 - TMS3KK 1.1 NE4
DEVICE: Xoom (Unlocked, Rooted, CWM, JB)
DEVICE: Surface Pro (running Bluestacks/ Win8 & Android Apps... The best!!)
Device Legacy: Motorola Transportable - Radio Shack Brick - Pagers - Many Cells - Many HP PDA/Phones - Hermes - Kaiser - Diamond - Diamond 2 - HD2 - Atrix

polobreaka
Old
Thanks Meter 197
looks nice.

what DPI is this on? looks like 280?
LG Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S3 i747
iPhone 3GS - jailbroken untethered iOS 6

purav86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use a lot of google talk, some how I cant install it in this rom. I have tried downloading the latest gapps and installed it again but still no google talk.
Was anyone able to get it installed?

upndwn4par
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by purav86 View Post
I use a lot of google talk, some how I cant install it in this rom. I have tried downloading the latest gapps and installed it again but still no google talk.
Was anyone able to get it installed?

I added a flashable zip to the third post.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to upndwn4par For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lgsshedden
Old
Thanks Meter 127
a word of appreciation for this ROM: flashed it last night and it works very well. I like the fact that you stripped out some bloat, the rest is easy to remove and modify ourselves, like the standard launcher and the option with Razor, thank you for the 1% battery mod and the extended power menu, and thank you for not then lumbering the ROM with a bunch of other features I neither want nor use!

If there is one request, it would be to keep the base nice and simple and have any extras people start asking you for as separate install packages or zips -- lots of other roms with 64 toggles, battery bar and other cut and paste features -- don't mess this one up!
thanks again
SGH-i337M Bell, Rom: GOLDENEYE★|►XXUGNF1◄|Xposed|►35◄

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lgsshedden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

upndwn4par
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgsshedden View Post
a word of appreciation for this ROM: flashed it last night and it works very well. I like the fact that you stripped out some bloat, the rest is easy to remove and modify ourselves, like the standard launcher and the option with Razor, thank you for the 1% battery mod and the extended power menu, and thank you for not then lumbering the ROM with a bunch of other features I neither want nor use!

If there is one request, it would be to keep the base nice and simple and have any extras people start asking you for as separate install packages or zips -- lots of other roms with 64 toggles, battery bar and other cut and paste features -- don't mess this one up!
thanks again
You just described my Clean Slate concept (the "CS" in "CSROM").

I rarely add things without other options (like the launcher).

When I start a new ROM the first thing I do is remove most obvious manufacturer and carrier crap.

Then I try to keep most of the mods as background items you might not notice (performance & battery life improvements, revealing options blocked by carriers and device manufacturers, changing default settings to things that most of us use, etc.) and additional options.

If I do make a big, obvious change I do it because I really believe it improves the ROM.

When I theme, it is to move things in an AOSP direction or to clean up a mess (like the stock notification drawer toggles).

I try hard to balance what I want and what most users want with the ROM concept. I don't always get it right, but I try.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to upndwn4par For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oldbbman
Old
Thanks Meter 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by upndwn4par View Post
You just described my Clean Slate concept (the "CS" in "CSROM").

I rarely add things without other options (like the launcher).

When I start a new ROM the first thing I do is remove most obvious manufacturer and carrier crap.

Then I try to keep most of the mods as background items you might not notice (performance & battery life improvements, revealing options blocked by carriers and device manufacturers, changing default settings to things that most of us use, etc.) and additional options.

If I do make a big, obvious change I do it because I really believe it improves the ROM.

When I theme, it is to move things in an AOSP direction or to clean up a mess (like the stock notification drawer toggles).

I try hard to balance what I want and what most users want with the ROM concept. I don't always get it right, but I try.

upndwn4par,
Been running this since release and I've decided to make it my DD. Still much to early to comment on battery life but everything else I have put it through has been solid. Not one issue, you made it just like I would have if I had your smarts.
Like lgsshedden said, appreciate you keeping is simple and 'lean'.
Keep up the good work, I've clicked the thanks button but you might consider getting a 'donation' button as well. Some peeps on here will might help fund your coffee breaks.
Nexus 5.....upndwn4par/Graviton N5 v2.7
Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217A......cstayton/ V1.0.0 Beta

XDA IS a place to come to learn and share your knowledge. If you are not here for those reasons then you are here for the wrong ones....zelendel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldbbman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe