Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 42,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WIP][HELP][NOOB] Firefox OS (B2G) for Optimus 2X: need help packaging

Tip us?

JordanRulz
Old
(Last edited by JordanRulz; 2nd March 2013 at 02:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Default [ROM][WIP][HELP][NOOB] Firefox OS (B2G) for Optimus 2X: need help packaging

Before everyone starts flaming me and trying to kill me for being such a noob, i would like to say that i'm a teen and a noob.

ANYWAYS, i got bored and decided to have a go at porting Firefox OS to the Optimus 2X. After figuring out how to make a flashable zip out of .img's, I tested a bit. Unfortunately ADB doesnt work and I don't know how to do live kernel debugging.

What works: Kernel
What doesn't work: everything else

Source code: http://github.com/JordanRulz

Download:
First Semi-working attempt: http://d-h.st/juX (not a flashable zip)
2nd attempt: link on http://jordanrulz.tk/ (flashable)
3rd attempt (current): http://d-h.st/0We(flashable)

Turn signature verification off before flashing

BUILD INSTRUCTIONS (still doesn't work, but for anyone who thinks they might have the answer, go right ahead)
Code:
git clone http://github.com/JordanRulz/B2G.git
2.extract a cm9 rom to B2G/my_device_backup
3.cd to the B2G directory and
Code:
ANDROIDFS_DIR=my_device_backup ./config.sh p990
and wait for the code to download. This has a good chance of failing because repo and git are stupid.
Code:
./build.sh
5.edit core/sysroot/init.rc so that it imports init.p990.rc
6.go to line 98 of build/core/Makefile and change the build fingerprint to something acceptable by the build system
7.go online and find a wpa_ctrl.h and put it in hardware/libhardware_legacy/wifi/libwpa_client/wpa_ctrl.h
8.copy libcamera.so and libwpa_client.so from a cm9-based rom to out/target/product/p990/obj/lib/
9.it should turn out boot,img, system.img, a system folder, userdata.img, a userdata folder, etc. with adaptations, you should be able to craft a flashable zip out of the folders.

Please hit donate if you feel my work is worth donating to.
My devices: LG Optimus Net, LG Optimus 2X, Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" (2013), Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7", Google Nexus 5
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to JordanRulz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

starkiez
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Good effort bro!

madhand1
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Way to go buddy.... Expecting this Rom for our beloved Optimus 2x. (me too a noob cant help much)..

Thanks and wish u best of luck..

kayuz
Old
Thanks Meter 11
ahahaha, great work! bring to the old O2X a new system!

SuperSkill
Old
Thanks Meter 1,145
Interesting tread, I'll look at the files. Let's hope this will be a cooperative tread to make this
Do to others what you expect yourself, thats respect. Remember the newbies, we dont know what they might know

nicholaschw
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1,201

DONATE TO ME
Ok. What i did similarly to my phone to get this up. First, use PowerISO and extract userdata.img and system.img. Once done, its just like system folder of android while userdata is just data folder for user's data. Obviously. And then, the boot.img goes to the same as a flashable rom zip root folder. So basically, they are the same as flashing cm. Just need to add another few commands for recovery.img so that the whole thing is flashed like cm10
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicholaschw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JordanRulz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschw View Post
Ok. What i did similarly to my phone to get this up. First, use PowerISO and extract userdata.img and system.img. Once done, its just like system folder of android while userdata is just data folder for user's data. Obviously. And then, the boot.img goes to the same as a flashable rom zip root folder. So basically, they are the same as flashing cm. Just need to add another few commands for recovery.img so that the whole thing is flashed like cm10
doesn't work. "invalid image file"
My devices: LG Optimus Net, LG Optimus 2X, Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" (2013), Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7", Google Nexus 5

rmrajm1
Old
Thanks Meter 241
i think probably you can pm any recognised dev's for help....if you post a thread here i dont think anybody will try to help....you can pm the dev's like tonyp, harsh, carburano or anyone and you can ask for help in packaging and later on continue with your development....just an idea....
The Following User Says Thank You to rmrajm1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

R0B3RTF1SH3R
Old
Thanks Meter 194
good stuff man., were not the flaming community of yester year
GT-N7105 - International
Daily Driver SONIC OPEN KANG PROJECT
Testing Roms Beanstalk,Slim,Avatar,Asylum,Temasek

JordanRulz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
This is getting really frustrating, after restarting multiple times and over 10 failed attempts. I have forked all the repos to my github so that all that want to help are able to do so. http://github.com/JordanRulz

The Following User Says Thank You to JordanRulz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
b2g, firefox os, optimus 2x