5,598,542 Members 44,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Recovery] CWM Recovery is officially out for Tmobile Note 2 (12/21/2012)

Tip us?

exalgopana
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 15
I like cwm. I've become a little biased to cwm from my gnex days when I think I spent now time in cwm that in android from flashing roms all the time. I never was able to keep any data on the phone because I was always wipe wipe wiping everything haha

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

sippy_mo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the post. Is there a reason to upgrade from the 7100 CWM recovery that's already on my phone?

teshxx
Old
Thanks Meter 3154

DONATE TO ME
Have you guys tried TWRP ?? It's pretty damn robust. I switched from CWM ever since I got the Note 2 and haven't looked back. The dev updates it pretty regularly which is a definite plus.
If you think I was helpful buy me a brew or coffee or hookah
================================================
-- ---
[-::REF::-] Kernel Governors Explained!
[-::SGH-T889::-] Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems
[-::SGH-T889V::-] Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels

Warrior1975
Old
Thanks Meter 1306
I've been running TWRP for a while. I preferred the touch screen interface but I know CWM has it as well. Is there any major difference between the two? From my understanding CWM has been around longer but other than that I don't know if there is any difference. Is there a benefit of either or is it just a personal preference at this point? Either way, thanks to the Op for letting others know.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}
Galaxy Note 2-Tweaked.

teshxx
Old
Thanks Meter 3154

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1975 View Post
I've been running TWRP for a while. I preferred the touch screen interface but I know CWM has it as well. Is there any major difference between the two? From my understanding CWM has been around longer but other than that I don't know if there is any difference. Is there a benefit of either or is it just a personal preference at this point? Either way, thanks to the Op for letting others know.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}
I haven't used T889 CMW so can't compare the two precisely, but the 7100 CMW didn't backup efs partition and stuff whereas TWRP does. And that alone was enough for me to switch.
-- ---
The Following User Says Thank You to teshxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

exalgopana
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshxx View Post
Have you guys tried TWRP ?? It's pretty damn robust. I switched from CWM ever since I got the Note 2 and haven't looked back. The dev updates it pretty regularly which is a definite plus.
I might need to try it out. Also what's up with that crappy rom manager app by the guy from clockwork? It is truly terrible. And never works right EVER. I hate that app.

You would think he was capable of making a pretty good app considering how widespread His Recovery is!

I've used it on several phones and I'd wholeheartedly sucks sucks

the1gladiator
Old
Thanks Meter 10
personally 4EXT is much cleaner and just as robust as either TWRP or CWM. I know there is talk of 4EXT coming to the Note II, got my fingers crossed
MyTouch 3G (Black)
Recovery: RA v1.5.2G
ROM: KingKlicks Eclair Espresso 1.3 with working GPS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the1gladiator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teshxx
Old
Thanks Meter 3154

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by exalgopana View Post
I might need to try it out. Also what's up with that crappy rom manager app by the guy from clockwork? It is truly terrible. And never works right EVER. I hate that app.

You would think he was capable of making a pretty good app considering how widespread His Recovery is!

I've used it on several phones and I'd wholeheartedly sucks sucks

Koush is extremely talented no doubt about that, but things have changed. Rom manager used to be great before 4.0. Now everything has become so mainstream and easy. The shelf life of that app is beyond over. Apps don't last forever. Sometimes it's because of os evolution and other times it's because of dwindling interest on the dev's part . That's how new apps are released.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1gladiator View Post
personally 4EXT is much cleaner and just as robust as either TWRP or CWM. I know there is talk of 4EXT coming to the Note II, got my fingers crossed
Oh really? Never heard of it. Will have to read up on it. Thanks.
-- ---

vibrantliker
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Default TWRP Bootloop

I've been usin TWRP for the longest time, on my sgs III and Note II. All of a sudden last week I go into recovery to flash an add on and I get a boot loop in TWRP. Couldn't even pull battery and boot system back. Had to odin CWM, then I updated the TWRP script and would still get a bootloop. So I odin'd back to CWM again and staying for the time bein.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Currently on My Rom 4.1.2.v2

teshxx
Old
Thanks Meter 3154

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrantliker View Post
I've been usin TWRP for the longest time, on my sgs III and Note II. All of a sudden last week I go into recovery to flash an add on and I get a boot loop in TWRP. Couldn't even pull battery and boot system back. Had to odin CWM, then I updated the TWRP script and would still get a bootloop. So I odin'd back to CWM again and staying for the time bein.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Currently on My Rom 4.1.2.v2
hmm really? Never encountered this myself. It's hard for recovery to get corrupt, unless the addon messed up that partition. Are you on the latest version (2.3.3.1) ?
-- ---