FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[Recovery] CWM Recovery is officially out for Tmobile Note 2 (12/21/2012)

2,103 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,126
 
By ptfdmedic, Recognized Developer on 21st December 2012, 04:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st December 2012, 02:16 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
I like cwm. I've become a little biased to cwm from my gnex days when I think I spent now time in cwm that in android from flashing roms all the time. I never was able to keep any data on the phone because I was always wipe wipe wiping everything haha

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
 
 
21st December 2012, 02:34 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for the post. Is there a reason to upgrade from the 7100 CWM recovery that's already on my phone?
21st December 2012, 06:16 PM |#13  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 3,313
 
Donate to Me
More
Have you guys tried TWRP ?? It's pretty damn robust. I switched from CWM ever since I got the Note 2 and haven't looked back. The dev updates it pretty regularly which is a definite plus.
21st December 2012, 06:29 PM |#14  
Warrior1975's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,312
 
More
I've been running TWRP for a while. I preferred the touch screen interface but I know CWM has it as well. Is there any major difference between the two? From my understanding CWM has been around longer but other than that I don't know if there is any difference. Is there a benefit of either or is it just a personal preference at this point? Either way, thanks to the Op for letting others know.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}
21st December 2012, 06:33 PM |#15  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 3,313
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1975

I've been running TWRP for a while. I preferred the touch screen interface but I know CWM has it as well. Is there any major difference between the two? From my understanding CWM has been around longer but other than that I don't know if there is any difference. Is there a benefit of either or is it just a personal preference at this point? Either way, thanks to the Op for letting others know.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

I haven't used T889 CMW so can't compare the two precisely, but the 7100 CMW didn't backup efs partition and stuff whereas TWRP does. And that alone was enough for me to switch.
The Following User Says Thank You to teshxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2012, 07:42 PM |#16  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshxx

Have you guys tried TWRP ?? It's pretty damn robust. I switched from CWM ever since I got the Note 2 and haven't looked back. The dev updates it pretty regularly which is a definite plus.

I might need to try it out. Also what's up with that crappy rom manager app by the guy from clockwork? It is truly terrible. And never works right EVER. I hate that app.

You would think he was capable of making a pretty good app considering how widespread His Recovery is!

I've used it on several phones and I'd wholeheartedly sucks sucks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
21st December 2012, 07:48 PM |#17  
the1gladiator's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
personally 4EXT is much cleaner and just as robust as either TWRP or CWM. I know there is talk of 4EXT coming to the Note II, got my fingers crossed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the1gladiator For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2012, 08:16 PM |#18  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 3,313
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exalgopana

I might need to try it out. Also what's up with that crappy rom manager app by the guy from clockwork? It is truly terrible. And never works right EVER. I hate that app.

You would think he was capable of making a pretty good app considering how widespread His Recovery is!

I've used it on several phones and I'd wholeheartedly sucks sucks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Koush is extremely talented no doubt about that, but things have changed. Rom manager used to be great before 4.0. Now everything has become so mainstream and easy. The shelf life of that app is beyond over. Apps don't last forever. Sometimes it's because of os evolution and other times it's because of dwindling interest on the dev's part . That's how new apps are released.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1gladiator

personally 4EXT is much cleaner and just as robust as either TWRP or CWM. I know there is talk of 4EXT coming to the Note II, got my fingers crossed

Oh really? Never heard of it. Will have to read up on it. Thanks.
21st December 2012, 08:49 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 207
 
More
TWRP Bootloop
I've been usin TWRP for the longest time, on my sgs III and Note II. All of a sudden last week I go into recovery to flash an add on and I get a boot loop in TWRP. Couldn't even pull battery and boot system back. Had to odin CWM, then I updated the TWRP script and would still get a bootloop. So I odin'd back to CWM again and staying for the time bein.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Currently on My Rom 4.1.2.v2
21st December 2012, 09:28 PM |#20  
teshxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 3,313
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrantliker

I've been usin TWRP for the longest time, on my sgs III and Note II. All of a sudden last week I go into recovery to flash an add on and I get a boot loop in TWRP. Couldn't even pull battery and boot system back. Had to odin CWM, then I updated the TWRP script and would still get a bootloop. So I odin'd back to CWM again and staying for the time bein.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Currently on My Rom 4.1.2.v2

hmm really? Never encountered this myself. It's hard for recovery to get corrupt, unless the addon messed up that partition. Are you on the latest version (2.3.3.1) ?
21st December 2012, 09:40 PM |#21  
Herrera91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibrantliker

I've been usin TWRP for the longest time, on my sgs III and Note II. All of a sudden last week I go into recovery to flash an add on and I get a boot loop in TWRP. Couldn't even pull battery and boot system back. Had to odin CWM, then I updated the TWRP script and would still get a bootloop. So I odin'd back to CWM again and staying for the time bein.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Currently on My Rom 4.1.2.v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by teshxx

hmm really? Never encountered this myself. It's hard for recovery to get corrupt, unless the addon messed up that partition. Are you on the latest version (2.3.3.1) ?

It's not so much the recovery that's corrupt, but the /data partition I believe. I had the same thing happened to me a few days ago (couldn't even backup my ROM). Formatted /data and recovery worked again. Try backing up your ROM in CWM and if it reboots before it finishes, you'll have to format /data through recovery. If you do happen to do so, backup all of your files in your internal storage since EVERYTHING in it will be wiped clean.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes