Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Recovery] CWM Recovery is officially out for Tmobile Note 2 (12/21/2012)

Tip us?

xghostyxjokerx
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrera91 View Post
Touch recovery does work. It's what I'm running at the moment.
However, there isn't an option to mount USB, like you said. Hopefully they come out with an update soon.
how did u get it to work? i udpated my old recovery with mobile odin pro...

Herrera91
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by xghostyxjokerx View Post
how did u get it to work? i udpated my old recovery with mobile odin pro...
I also flashed it through Mobile Odin. Are you sure you got the touch version from the clockworkmod website? It should be the second column.
I never had any problems with it.
Current Device - Samsung Galaxy Note II (SGH-T889)
ROM: CarbonRom Nightlies
Recovery: PhilZ Touch 6.12.8
HTC Vision (G2) - Retired

xghostyxjokerx
Old
(Last edited by xghostyxjokerx; 20th February 2013 at 06:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrera91 View Post
I also flashed it through Mobile Odin. Are you sure you got the touch version from the clockworkmod website? It should be the second column.
I never had any problems with it.
yes to the far right i beleive second column... i will try again once more...thanks

note*** fixed!

califrag
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkoren View Post
How can I install this without using Mobile ODIN? I've been searching for a way to put my Note 2 into fastboot mode (which is what I'm used to using to install recoveries), and I've had no luck whatsoever.
I had problems getting my Note2 to flash the recovery via fastboot too, so thought this might be helpful for those who don't have Mobile ODIN either.

Here's a regular ODIN flashable zip for ClockworkMod Touch 6.0.2.8 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile)

It's just the normal All-in-One ToolKit conversion (download the CWMTouch 6.0.2.8 put into INPUT folder, open toolkit, select option 16), but thought it may be useful if anybody wants it.

Download the .tar, put your phone into download mode, open up ODIN, make sure the box turns blue and it says 'Added!!'.

Click the PDA button and select this file, double check that ONLY AutoReboot and F. Reset Time are checked, then click 'Start'.

You'll see the progress in the textbox and the Note2 will automatically reboot.

<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Completed..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

After reboot, you can boot it back into recovery to check out the new version. Normal disclaimers apply, what worked for me may not work for you
The Following User Says Thank You to califrag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fix-this!
Old
(Last edited by fix-this!; 4th March 2013 at 07:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 283
would you guys say this recovery is better than twrp? asking because ive had alot of issues with twrp lately. i also assume my backups won't work if i flash this?

cisco150
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: [Recovery] CWM Recovery is officially out for Tmobile Note 2 (12/21/2012)

Hi wanted to know if u guys can upload a cwm recovery touch flashable zip so I can flash in recovery thanks again

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

saseekutz
Old
(Last edited by saseekutz; 4th March 2013 at 07:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Default Re: [Recovery] CWM Recovery is officially out for Tmobile Note 2 (12/21/2012)

I was having issues with twrp off and on for a bit. Been using cwm since, but i flashed philz cwm from the att dev forum a few days ago and its pretty damn good. Its 6.0.2.8 as well but I Don't know what differences it has with this. You can even restore twrp or 4ext backups. Lots of other options to choose from. Forgot to copy the link but I'll paste it in a sec

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2028103

[03.03.2013][PhilZ Touch][n710x/T889]4.87 Touch Enhanced CWM 6.0.2.8-exFAT-ext4-Root

diego1985
Old
Thanks Meter 24

I can't seem to get app2zip to work well with either recovery maybe it's just not compatible with note 2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Warning:If you insult me, You better be able to take what you dish out.

rp4k
Old
Thanks Meter 106
is there a tar that i can use to flash with PC ODIN since my SGH-T889 7105 phone isn't rooted yet mobile odin pro doesn't work, because i dont have root yet. i personally prefer CWM over any other type of recovery since that is what i have on my n7000 (note) . Thanks for the help

Don't Forget to Thank Me if I Helped you