Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,591 Members 36,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+] Kii Keyboard 1.0 - An all new alternative android keyboard!

Tip us?

bruce7373
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Default Re: [APP][2.1+] Kii Keyboard 1.0 - An all new alternative android keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiideveloper View Post
There's a setting under "General" that you can change the auto space behavior. By default, an space is inserted when you type the next word. i.e. good morning,[no space]how are... A space character will be inserted automatically at [no space]
But the problem is the spacing automatically inserted after quotation marks, even with the 'no space' setting selected (I can't think of a situation where that would be needed).

Sent from my HTC Vivid (ICS)

ivanpu
Old
(Last edited by ivanpu; 12th February 2013 at 10:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Default Re: [APP][2.1+] Kii Keyboard 1.0 - An all new alternative android keyboard!

Quote:
There's a setting under "General" that you can change the auto space behavior. By default, an space is inserted when you type the next word. i.e. good morning,[no space]how are... A space character will be inserted automatically at [no space]
Thanks, but I'm aware of it already:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanpu View Post
Already in the settings (in the "general" category)
But it does not allow to select after which punctuation to apply it, if that was what you meaned...

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

What I experience is similar to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce7373 View Post
But the problem is the spacing automatically inserted after quotation marks, even with the 'no space' setting selected (I can't think of a situation where that would be needed).

...but totally opposite:
No matter what I select in that option, space is not added after quotation mark for me.
Sorry, if I did not write it clearly in previous post.

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
Phones:
Nexus 4 (E960) | ROM: Stock (Android 4.4.2)
Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860)
Tablet: Nexus 7 (K009) | ROM: Stock (Android 4.4.2)

bruce7373
Old
Thanks Meter 414

Quote:
I just reread what I wrote and, yes, there is indeed a need for a space if it's the closing pair of quotes. I guess that's the problem. There needs to be separate keys for opening and closing quotes, where the opening ones wouldn't trigger a space, but the closing ones would.

[] AL []
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 574
Default Go premium outside the Play Store?

Hi there,

1st off: congrats for your work; I do enjoy this keyboard and would like to encourage its development but I have an issue with buying the premium app.

I hope this didn't get asked before (I read only 10% of the thread so far...), but I'd like to buy the premium app, but living in China, it is impossible for me to buy from the Play Store. I tried using Market enabler and even a VPN connection, but Google sees my sim card details and link my two phones as chinese and block any purchases. When I hit "Upgrade to Premium", all I get is an infinite stay on "please wait..." [see pic].

So that begs the question: is there any alternative?

Could I buy a license directly from you the dev with Paypal?

I have a high sense of ethic/moral when it comes down to warez and I promise that I will not share whatever you'd send me.

Thanks for the consideration and I really hope there is a solution for my situation; and I'm certainly not the only one in this part of the world...

Cheers,

/A

P.S.: feel free to PM me here on xda if you have an answer for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kii_premium.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1725307  

Jimmy34742
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL [] View Post
I'd like to buy the premium app, but living in China, it is impossible for me to buy from the Play Store. I tried using Market enabler and even a VPN connection
Market Enabler hasn't worked for quite a long time, so make sure to remove it completely from your phone. You may need to use Titanium to do that.

I use Market Unlocker, no problem.
Galaxy S 4 I9500 (CM 11.0 ROM (Android 4.4.4), PhilZ Touch CWM 6.0.4.7)
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (CM 11.0 ROM (Android 4.4.4), PhilZ CWM Touch 6.0.4.5)

past: Galaxy 7.7, Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy S 3, Galaxy S 2, iPhone 3GS, Motorola Milestone
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy34742 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiideveloper
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:

Are you using the latest version, that was a known bug but it was fixed quite a while ago.
Please join Kii Keyboard's G+ community or like its Facebook page where you will get more immediate feedbacks and responses from the developer.

https://plus.google.com/communities/...01840018761579
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kii-Ke...93951857351892
The Following User Says Thank You to kiideveloper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiideveloper
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL [] View Post
Hi there,

1st off: congrats for your work; I do enjoy this keyboard and would like to encourage its development but I have an issue with buying the premium app.

I hope this didn't get asked before (I read only 10% of the thread so far...), but I'd like to buy the premium app, but living in China, it is impossible for me to buy from the Play Store. I tried using Market enabler and even a VPN connection, but Google sees my sim card details and link my two phones as chinese and block any purchases. When I hit "Upgrade to Premium", all I get is an infinite stay on "please wait..." [see pic].

So that begs the question: is there any alternative?

Could I buy a license directly from you the dev with Paypal?

I have a high sense of ethic/moral when it comes down to warez and I promise that I will not share whatever you'd send me.

Thanks for the consideration and I really hope there is a solution for my situation; and I'm certainly not the only one in this part of the world...

Cheers,

/A

P.S.: feel free to PM me here on xda if you have an answer for me.
Send an email to kiideveloper@gmail.com , will send you an unlock apk.
Please join Kii Keyboard's G+ community or like its Facebook page where you will get more immediate feedbacks and responses from the developer.

https://plus.google.com/communities/...01840018761579
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kii-Ke...93951857351892
The Following User Says Thank You to kiideveloper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shacamus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
At the beginning i was quite cautious (another keyboard? ...)
But when Kii is properly installed (which means disabling the auto-correction) this is THE BEST KEYBOARD APP i"ve ever used
PHONES
HTC Desire with MIUI JB
Samsung Galaxy S2 with JellyBam
Nexus 5 with basic rom

TABLET
Acer A500 with *CM10.1 from TegraOwners
Asus Tf701

[] AL []
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Send an email to kiideveloper@gmail.com , will send you an unlock apk.
Wow!, thanks for your reply; somehow wasn't expecting a reply from the developer...

Thanks even more because I was just about to lose it; I just wrote a very nasty user feedback letter to Google for their billing policy/service...

I used a US VPN service to access the market from my desktop here, log-in to the Play Store in order to buy some credit: find out that I need a G wallet account...Create one giving a canadian credit card...go back in to buy some credits, I see my card in there but blacked out as invalid payment method: They expect a US credit card I imagine... for G sake... I never had so much problem giving my money out...

So no, I will not uninstall my old app to see all Market app from behind the GFW, download another one (thanks for the suggestion again though), change my vpn server to a canadian one, try to buy some credit again, give that app root access to my phone for online purchases without even knowing what's in its code (and add in the rest of the procedure & checkout) for a 3-4$ purchase... Google REALLY stinks at doing GLOBAL business...

Anyhow, thanks again for your answer (I'm calmed down now ); I will get in touch with you guys in this regard.

Keep up the good work; I really appreciate it and tell all my friends about you kb. I've must have posted the same in 5 or 6 different threads also here on xda...

So cheers again

/AL

- - -

oh BTW: I also do find that the extra spacing before and/or after question marks a little annoying. But patience is the word here guys; fix will come - still in beta stage remember ?!?....

And in my book, we should never put spaces before commas, semi-colons or question marks: xxxx, yyyy: "zzzz?".
So when accepting a word input and then adding in a question mark, I believe that the keyboard should remove the space after the last word no matter if the "auto-insert space after word selection" is checked or not...

bruce7373
Old
Thanks Meter 414

Quote:
Are you using the latest version, that was a known bug but it was fixed quite a while ago.
Yes, I'm on 1.2.2.