Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]How to flash firmware in LG optimus G korean version F180L

Tip us?
 
taklukjagat
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 23
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: KayL
Hi all,
Planning on buying this LGOG, but just wanna know. Is this korean version LGOG have the limited sms characters to 80 only?
 
Tim4
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 998
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seoul
140 for english letters
Sorry for my bad english
 
kathir.
Old
#13  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevro1et View Post
I tried downgrading firmware via flashing .kdz but keep getting the PORT -1 error, not sure what I'm doing wrong...

- PC running Vista
- downloaded and installed LG USB driver using LG Mobile Support Tool, message indicates successful
- turn off device, reboot into service mode (hold power + vol up)
- connect device to PC via USB
- Device Manager, no LG modem listed **I think my problem lies here somewhere?**
- run Windows Enabler as admin, click in tray so "ON" is displayed
- run KDZ_FW_UPD_EN as admin, Type = 3GQCT
- navigate to appropriate .kdz file, press "launch software update"
- unpacks .kdz, then PORT -1, DEVICE NOT FOUND error occurs

any advice or insight would be appreciated. and Happy Holidays to everyone as well!

EDIT:solved. need to put device into Download Mode. power off. insert usb. hold power/ vol up/ vol down. release buttons when Download Mode icon apperars on screen. proceed. Cheers to boakun and l0ng0ne on the ICR channel.
Do you've Korean model as well? Which firmware did you flash and is that an English firmware?

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app
 
chevro1et
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 270
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Busan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathir. View Post
Do you've Korean model as well? Which firmware did you flash and is that an English firmware?

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app
Yes, I have a Korean device, since I live in South Korea. The firmware is Korean, with language set to English. When you set the language, literally everything is translated. I downloaded the firmware from LG servers using my own IMEI prior to upgrading to the latest ota that broke root for me.

Sent from my LG-F180L using xda app-developers app
 
alin_32b
Old
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default LG Optimus G F180L Korea SMS characters limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by taklukjagat View Post
Hi all,
Planning on buying this LGOG, but just wanna know. Is this korean version LGOG have the limited sms characters to 80 only?
dear sir,
i have LG Optimus G F180L Korea model
the SMS characters limit is 80 only but the solutions are many through Google Play Magazin
i instaled Handcent SMS - very good - increase the limit to 160 characters with also may others internal options for the user and display form, shape, colours etc.
best regards
The Following User Says Thank You to alin_32b For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sactoguy
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 113
Join Date: Nov 2005
Sorry for posting off topic, does anyone here know if Korean LG Optimus G F-180L works on AT&T 3G 850/1900?
 
livingincm
Old
#17  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 68
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevro1et View Post
I tried downgrading firmware via flashing .kdz but keep getting the PORT -1 error, not sure what I'm doing wrong...

- PC running Vista
- downloaded and installed LG USB driver using LG Mobile Support Tool, message indicates successful
- turn off device, reboot into service mode (hold power + vol up)
- connect device to PC via USB
- Device Manager, no LG modem listed **I think my problem lies here somewhere?**
- run Windows Enabler as admin, click in tray so "ON" is displayed
- run KDZ_FW_UPD_EN as admin, Type = 3GQCT
- navigate to appropriate .kdz file, press "launch software update"
- unpacks .kdz, then PORT -1, DEVICE NOT FOUND error occurs

any advice or insight would be appreciated. and Happy Holidays to everyone as well!

EDIT:solved. need to put device into Download Mode. power off. insert usb. hold power/ vol up/ vol down. release buttons when Download Mode icon apperars on screen. proceed. Cheers to boakun and l0ng0ne on the ICR channel.
This works! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 정말 감사합니다!
Omnia 2 -- Motorola Milestone -- Iphone 3gs -- Galaxy S -- Dell Streak -- Htc desire hd -- Galaxy Tab -- Htc incredible s
 
baguhanx90
Old
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default How to flash F180 lg optimus g korean to english official firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevro1et View Post
I tried downgrading firmware via flashing .kdz but keep getting the PORT -1 error, not sure what I'm doing wrong...

- PC running Vista
- downloaded and installed LG USB driver using LG Mobile Support Tool, message indicates successful
- turn off device, reboot into service mode (hold power + vol up)
- connect device to PC via USB
- Device Manager, no LG modem listed **I think my problem lies here somewhere?**
- run Windows Enabler as admin, click in tray so "ON" is displayed
- run KDZ_FW_UPD_EN as admin, Type = 3GQCT
- navigate to appropriate .kdz file, press "launch software update"
- unpacks .kdz, then PORT -1, DEVICE NOT FOUND error occurs

any advice or insight would be appreciated. and Happy Holidays to everyone as well!

EDIT:solved. need to put device into Download Mode. power off. insert usb. hold power/ vol up/ vol down. release buttons when Download Mode icon apperars on screen. proceed. Cheers to boakun and l0ng0ne on the ICR channel.
Hi sir please tell me step by step how did you flash you LG OPTIMUS G F180 korean version. Its hard to used the korean version. I want an official English version.
 
chevro1et
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 270
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Busan
Quote:
Originally Posted by baguhanx90 View Post
Hi sir please tell me step by step how did you flash you LG OPTIMUS G F180 korean version. Its hard to used the korean version. I want an official English version.
Here is the method that I have successfully used several times.
Quote:
- put device into Download Mode. power off. insert usb. hold power/ vol up/ vol down.
release buttons when Download Mode icon apperars on screen. proceed.
- Device Manager >> modems >> disable LG modem
- run Windows Enabler as admin, click in tray so "ON" is displayed
- run KDZ_FW_UPD_EN as admin, Type = 3GQCT
- navigate to appropriate .kdz file, press "launch software update"
- unpacks .kdz, writes to device. Be patient.
 
baguhanx90
Old
#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevro1et View Post
Here is the method that I have successfully used several times.
Sir where I can download kdz_fw_upd_en? Please post a screen shot how to do it.

Thank you very much in advance to all of you here..

Hope I can fix this asap.

Thanks..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes