Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] X920e Butterfly?

Tip us?

chocchief
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] X920e Butterfly?

So I live in Singapore, and was thinking of getting the HTC Butterfly when it comes out here in February but I'm not that patient, so I was thinking about going to China and getting the HTC X920e Butterfly since it's essentially the same. But if I do, I still want to be able to root and flash roms and stuff, and I was wondering if the methods to unlock and root for the Droid DNA will work on the X920e or the international Butterfly? Because the butterfly is released in China and Japan and there's still no forums but this one up. Sorry if this is a n00by question, but I want to know before I make the purchase in China

galaxyjeff
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I think you probably could flash the same stuff on it. It looks identical to the DNA. Make sure the radio is the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Current Phones and Tab : Galaxy S4, HTC One

Former Phones : Motorola Droid, Samsung Captivate, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5

chocchief
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Ok thanks, was just wondering since previous carrier-exclusive phones usually have a separate thread to the international phone, and the Butterfly/DNA only has one

katsuya82
Old
Thanks Meter 12
ok, the international version of Butterfly is X920d, not X920e. The kernal, functions etc will be different.

I'd suggest you go Taiwan to get X920d.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katsuya82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sushiboy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsuya82 View Post
ok, the international version of Butterfly is X920d, not X920e.
I read in another news post: "HTC Droid DNA will also be available on the international version..."

But I hope there will be X920d development tread in XDA, because I got one.