(thanks to sam from MobileTechVideo) (thanks to exploregadgets) (thanks to savadam)
I'm proud to present you my latest work!
Devs Pay Attention!!!
You are not allowed to take/kang anything from my ROM without asking for permission from me!!
Taking without a permission will lead to report on you.
Users Pay Attention!!!
Make sure you read this before flashing v18.5:
Based on the lastest stock firmware: Android 4.4.2 XXUFND3 (build date: 09/04/2014)
Modem: XXUENA1 Or XXUFND3(Choose in the aroma)
PhoeniX Kernel V1.0:
- Built from Samsung Kernel Source N7100
- Linux 3.0.31
- SELinux set to permissive
- ExFat Support
- XXUFND3 Ramdisk
- init.d support
- Build with stock ARM toolchain 4.4.3
Kernel Source: Click Here!
This ROM is 200% Knox Free - You can say "Cya Knox!"
PhoeniX First Setup
Multi CSC(136 CSC) Set to EUR. If you want to change CSC:
First, install Stock Android Recovery
Second, select your CSC and install.
Third, Install PhilZ/TWRP recovery
Added latest BusyBox
Added latest SuperSU+Bin files
Added Flashplayer support
Added ES File Explorer
Updated all stock apps to their latest version(Gmail, Google search, Google Maps, Google Earth, Chrome,Play store etc.)
- Call Recorder
- Phone with no increasing ringtone
- All supported languages enabled
- Added App Ops support in settings
- Enabled Hidden Settings Widgets:
- Power Control
- Mono Audio
- Negative Colors
- Portable Wifi Hotspot
- Smart Network
- Favorite Settings
- Hands-Free Mod
- All supported languages for Samsung Keyboard enabled
- Enabled init.d scripts
- Added the following S5 features:
- S5 Accuweather
- S5 Customized settings:
* Removed unsupported options like Fingerprint, Private Mod(need knox),
* Spen support
- S5 Splanner
- S5 Ultra Power Saving Mode
- S5 Toolbox with support for 10 apps!
- S5 Customized SystemUI:
* 33 Toggles mod with unique toggles:
Flashlight - 1 press turns it on, long press flashlight settings
Battery status - 1 press battery status , long press battery information
PhoeniX - 1 Press/Long press open PhoeniX Settings
Take Picture - Called "Shoot-it" by @dr.ketan. Single press takes picture without shooting sound (3-4 sec) long prees takes picture with shooting sound(3-4 sec) - also avilable as an icon in app drawer, so 1 press on app called Shoot it takes picture without shoooting sound, 1 press on app called Shoot it SF takes picture with shooting sound
* Removed Quick Connect and SFinder big buttons and replaced with 1 single SFinder button besides the date.(Quick Connect is available as toggle)
- S5 Lockscreen with option for Weather & Pedometer(If you use personal message you won't see them)
- S5 Launcher
- S5 launcher themes with 12 themes!
- S5 Download Booster
- S5 Wallpapers
- S5 Google Search Widget with "Ok google" option from launcher(you must choose Google Search in aroma if you want it)
- S5 My Magazine
- S5 SFinder
- S5 My Files
- S5 Keyboard
- S5 Svoice
- S5 Car Mod(requires svoice)
- S5 Shealth
- S5 SamsungApps with option to download all S5 Apps Gifts
- S5 SMemo
- S5 Snote
- S5 SBaro
- S5 GroupPlay
- S5 Contacts
- S5 Phone with no more lag between Contacts and Phone tabs, also with popup call support
- S5 SBrowser
- S5 Calculator
- S5 SMS
- And more!
- Enabled & Improved 8 Lockscreen Effects:
- None (AOSP style)
- Modded Ripple Effect:
* No cloudy overlay - Thanks to @Goldie
* Improved ripple effect - Thanks to @Goldie
* Ink effect with the finger
- Light effect
- Popping Colours
- Water Color
- Oil Paint
- Stone Skipping
- KitKat SD Support Fix
- Shutter Sound menu Enabled to stock camera
- Big APN list
- Call Delay After call End Reduced to 0ms
- Enable sub Symbols on Stock Samsung keyboard
- Added exit menu to stock web browser
- Option for custom bootanimation. put it in data/local/
- Dialer search matches numbers in contacts and call logs along with contacts
- Permanently removed SysSCOPE from system and forced System Status to show "Official" - Special thanks to Aou
- data/app enabled
- Added Xposed framework with alot of modules and options:
- Xposed installer - thanks to rovo89 his thread
- Wanam Xposed - thanks to wanam his thread
- DPI Settings - thanks to rovo89
- MultiWindow Manager New Edition - thanks to BJB, Inc.
- Enable call button in contact list
- Upgraded Power Menu:
- Extended Reboot Menu
- Full Note 3 experience made by tamirda, dr.ketan and wesamothman:
- Note 3 Launcher
- Note 3 Accuweather Widget
- Note 3 Multiwindow
- Note 3 Fully Working Aircommand
- Note 3 One Handed Option Fot all screens
- Note 3 Keyboard - Thanks avivalder
- Note 3 SNote, SNote V3.0 with the ability to sync notes from old SNote using Samsung Account.
- Note 3 My Files
- Note 3 Contacts and Phone (with option for popup incoming notifications)
- Note 3 Browser
- Note 3 S Planner
- Note 3 Sounds
- Note 3 S Finder, Pen Window, Scrapbooker
- Note 3 Apps like SketchBook, Evernote and more
- Note 3 Gallery
- Note 3 Writing Buddy
- Note 3 My Magazine
- Note 3 Installation Wizard(First setup)
- New Note 3 Wether & Calendar widget when pulling down the clock on lockscreen
- Note 3 Widgets (Like alarm widget)
- And much more!
- Added Pen Window Manager - thank you Xperiacle!
- option for Air Command with the finger - Air Command shortcut by Xperiacle!
- New SMS app Mods:
- Folder View Option
- Backup/Restore SMS Option
- Split view option
- Change text size using volume keys option
- Screen On/Off for notification alerts option
- and more!!
- Added Launcher Special support:
- PhoeniX SlideLaunch -Instead of My Magazine in S5 Launcher you can choose any app you want to open, for example settings, camera or gallery - amazing feature.
- PullUp Option
- Added PhoeniX Air Command Controller: Now you can replace SFinder in aircommand with every app you want.
- Enabled IP Call for SIP users
- Allowed some hidden settings:
- Display -> Open Editor after taking picture
- Air Command
- One Hand for all screens
- SPen -> Display input(Writing buddy)
- Display -> Torchlight
- Handwrite language selector for Action memo and Air Command
- And More!
- Exclusive! Only to PhoeniX ROM!:
* RTL Menus when you select Arabic/Hebrew as your default language. (Pictures at post 4)
* New Amazing Wallpapers in Wallpaper Chooser Wallpapers! Beautiful Wallpapers! How to use? Click on Menu-> Set Wallpaper-> Home/Lock/Both-> Wallpaper Picker/chooser-> Select your Wallpaper! (Picture at post 4)
* New Settings app: Now will be only 1 shortcut in the Settings, to PhoeniX Settings App with the following fetures:
Samsung Secret Codes
Faster Fix GPS
CPU Spy Plus
Idle Wifi Time Manager
PhoeniX OTA Center - now you can update the rom without plugin into the computer!
The OTA Center can be found in PhoeniX Settings.
The downloads will be save on the internel SD card(if you use my memory script so it will be saved in the externel sd card) undr the folder OTA updates.
And more coming soon
- Added Better GPS Config
- TouchWIz Rotation available(landscape mode available) - thx to Rotry83
- Extended speed dials to 100
- A New superb & amazing Wallpaper pack including S5 & Note 3 & S4 wallpapers + alot of my collection - 61 wallpapers!
- Added TB Restore Fixer Stub by -viperboy- his thread
- Added Official OmegaDroid Android News app - I am reporter and editor there, so if you want to read the best news about android, use this!
- Added OGBatteryMod with 60 different styles from my collection! thanks for OsamaGhareeb his thread
Removed from the rom:
Apps that was marked as bloatware and can be installed/removed in the aroma:
- Samsung Gear Support Add Samsung Gear Support
- Android 4.4.2 Camera Android 4.4.2 Camera from Nexus 5
- Samsung Chaton
- Google Plus
- Google Chrome
- Google Maps & Street
- Android 4.2 Clock Android 4.2 Clock
- Adobe FlashPlayer Flashplayer Support
- Samsung S5 Group Features
- Google TalkBack
- Google Hangouts
- Mobileprint services Mobile print services
- Pie Control
- Polaris Viewer
- Samsung Update Samsung Update services
- S5 SBaro
- Digital Clock Widgets
- Dual Clock Digital Widget
- ES File Explorer
- Genie widget
- Google Music
- Google Search
- S5 Shealth
- Samsung Apps
- SPlanner App Widget
- S Voice
- Story Album
- S5 SMemo
- Samsung Link
In aroma you can:
- Make Full Wipe
- Make EFS Backup
- Added as options in the Aroma:
You can choose now tweaks you want to install!
- EXT4 Tweaks:
This mod will turn ON data_writeback for all 3 partitions - system, data and cache. This will drastically improve I/O performance (mostly on write operations) at the expense of file system integrity in certain situations, like unexpected system shutdown. The risk is not extreme, but still bigger then regular. Use this to improve your system performance, but you flash it at your own risk!
- GPU Rendering:
This mod is working similar to "Render GUI with GPU" option in Development Settings. Flashing this will force whole system to use GPU rendering (instead of CPU) for all kind of 2D/3D operations. This might improve 2D operations performance, but keep in mind that some apps are not working correctly with GPU rendering. After using this mod you no longer need to tick "Render GUI with GPU" in settings. Even if un-ticked it will be still working. Flash it at your own risk!
- OpenVPN Tweaks
- SQLite Tweaks
- Tweak: Force Launcher into memory
- Tweak: 3G Tweaks - Speed up 3G connection
- Tweak: Net Speed Tweaks - Tweak to speed up internet connection
- Tweak: Latest Seeder thx to lambgx02 his thread
- Touchscreen Responsiveness - Improve the touchscreen for a better responsiveness and user experience
- Internet speed tweaks - Improve overall browsing speed
- Battery consumption tweaks - Make battery last longer
- Install various init.d smoothness tweaks - Improve general responsiveness and fixes lag
- Enable Internal/External-SdCard I/O tweaks - Improve write/read speed and mount speed
- Scrolling tweaks - Better, faster and stronger scrolling
- Flash-Led Tweaks - Better flash-led intensity and camera-flash quality
- Video-Streaming tweaks - Smoother and faster internet video streaming
Choosing all tweaks can cause for lags, etc. Choose only if you really need it.
You can choose now mods you would like to install!
- Install Increased volume(thx to EdgaBimbam his thread) :
- Mid Increased Volume: Increase to 58 DB
- Ultra Increased Volume: Increase to 60 DB
- Option to restore stock phone without call recording and with increased ringtone
- Disable scroling cache
- Option to Disable SMS in Call Log.
You are able to choose between 2 mods:
- Custom Phone Mod - No increasing Ringtone, With Call Recording.
- Stock Phone Mod - No call recording, with increasing ringtone.
You can choose sound mods:
- Disable / Enable Boot Sound
- Option to choose sound mod:
- Install sound mod(Yes/No) :Latest Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO - Thx To Crescendo Xenomorph his thread
You can choose transparent mods:
- All system Transparent Mod:
You can choose between:
0% (Means no transparent)
You can Choose TouchWiz Launcher Mod:
- Stock 5X5 Without Wallpaper Scrolling
- Stock 5X5 With Wallpaper Scrolling
- TouchWiz Launcher tamirda's Mod - it gives you wallpaper scrolling, 6 apps in the Touchwiz Dock(where is the Apps Menu Icon - you can have 5 apps shortcuts+app menu icon), 5X6 Apps Grid
- TouchWiz Launcher tamirda's Mod 2 - it gives you wallpaper scrolling, 6 apps in the Touchwiz Dock(where is the Apps Menu Icon - you can have 5 apps shortcuts+app menu icon), 5X5 Apps Grid
You can choose the kernel you want you install:
- Latest Stock Kernel
You can have ulimited memory by using More Memory Script by mattiadj:
The option to install is in the Aroma
- Added option to choose between original PhoeniX Boot&Shut down animation to Stock Boot& Shut down animation
You can choose now which modem you would like to install!:
Now you can install recovery using Aroma:
- Latest PhilZ
- Added option to choose between White S5 Keyboard or Black Note 2 Keybord - Special thanks to avivalder!
New Section! Now you don't have to download GPS and get crazy any more! From now you can choose in the Aroma your GPS Config!:
- Africa GPS Config
- Asia GPS Config
- Europe GPS Config
- North America GPS Config
- Oceania GPS Config
- South America GPS Config
thx to gangsterjoop his thread
New ROM features available in the aroma:
- Option to choose Flare Effect - special thanks to balliboxer his thread(and screenshots):
- Blue Fire Rings
- Blue Fire Flames
- Blue Lightning
- Blue Rings
- Green Rings
- Red Lightning
- Red Rings
- White Lightning
- Yellow Fire Rings
- Yellow Fire Flames
Installation Instructions for v18:
- DO SUPER WIPE!- Changing from 4.1.2 / 4.3 to 4.4.2 will change the location of your internal sd(In case of 4.3 some system data is stored in your internel SD, that is why you need to wipe it), just, that is why you must to super wipe, to clean your internal sd. backup first.
- If you are coming from 4.4.2 full wipe is needed
- Use Philz 5.15.0
- Flash v18. Choose your mods, etc.
- You must be on MJ5 bootloader or higher, or you will have reboots & freezes!!!
Quote:Originally Posted by dr.ketan
1. Download and Install PhoeniX ROM V15 - .....+ watever instruction needs
2.. Who already having MJ5 bootloader or higer, can start using ROM without further action.
3. Who are on older bootloader and need to Flash New bootloader, Download this BL_MJ5_DN3 bootloader and extract
- Open Odin from PC, Press PDA tab and select downloaded MJ5 Bootloader
- Put device in download mode (Vol dwn + home +power)
- Connect device and Flash
Quote:Originally Posted by dr.ketan
N7100XXUEMJ5 How to Root + Remove New Bootloader + KNOX Free
1.First Flash Complete ROM N7100XXUEMJ5 from sammobile posted here
Now your device will have KNox enabled bootloader.
2.Download MJ5BLPatch.tar.md5 and Flash with Odin for PDA Tab.
3.Reboot device, You won't have wifi working.
4.Download wifi patch and flash with Odin for PDA tab.
5.Reboot device and you will have old Knox free bootloader with Wifi working.
6.Flash CWM Recovery
7.To root device Use my MultiTool. You have to download MultiTool advanced V5 for 4.3 from this post I am uploading right now.
Once you root with this tool, It also remove KNOX apps from device.
8.Don't open SuperSU but straight way go to play store and update SuperSU
9.Now everything should be fine.
And that's it.
Installation video by savadam:
- After First Setup, Hands-Free Mod turns on, you can just turn it off from settings or from Status bar not a big deal(it is only 1 time thing, it doesn't come back after reboot)
- After First Setup, Regular Power Saving Mod turns on, although you won't see it is on. In order to disable it go into Power Saving Mod Option(Not Ultra!), Turn it on, go into Restrict Performance and turn it off. That's it.(it is only 1 time thing, it doesn't come back after reboot)
No big deal bugs.
- I'm not responsible for any damaged caused by using this rom. I give testers the rom before i publish it so you shuoldn't have any problems
- Do Not Publish Any Mirror For the Rom!
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EFS BACKUP!!
- You are not allowed to take/kang anything from my ROM without asking for permission from me!!
Taking without a permission will lead to report on you.
- If you publish my rom in other forums, post a link to this thread + credit
OTA Update has been released. It is working only on V18.5/V18.7. Gallery Fix is included in V18.8.
You can download it from PhoeniX OTA Manager
No Need to wipe.
OTA Is working only on V18.5/V18.7
Extra Items download:
If you like my rom and work, please consider a donation:
If you can't donate or just don't want it is ok! but please make the following:
- Rate this thread 5 stars
- Click thank to my posts
- anbech- For his amazing design of - bootanimation, signatures and logo!
- ikogsakanding - for thread & rom graphics
- Crescendo Xenomorph
- ficeto for settings app !
- Mr raffaele88
- Xposed Team
- Andy Wong
- Jeffrey Blattman(for Logcat app)
- Mirko ddd
- Noam - For helping in uploading the ROM!!
- noname81 for LMT Pie
- Nottach for Nottach Xposed
- -viperboy- For TB Restore fix
- Jack Palevich For Terminal Emulator
- shhbz for being helpful friend
- dr.ketan - for everything you helped me and being awesome partner
- fake_japanese_guy - For all help in private and pullup app
- mannyvinny - For some fixes in my 240DPI Mod
- wesamothman - for help in note 3 project.
- robalm - for Accuweather widget
- P.M Me if i had forggoten some one!
- All XDA Comunnity
PhoeniX ROM For Samsung Galaxy Note II, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Current Stable Version: v18.8
Stable Release Date: 2014-05-22
Last Updated 2014-08-30