Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sd card unmount unexpectedly

Tip us?

rascal123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default [Q] sd card unmount unexpectedly

Hye everybody..im having a small problem with my n2..my external sdcard sometime get unmount automatically after unlocking to home screen. .anyone having this problem? This can effect battery life since the media will be rescan each time it happen. .may I know the cause of the problem and if possible a way to solve it..tq

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

noobhero
Old
Thanks Meter 60
coincidentally, am experiencing the same thing recently
am pulling my hair off due to it lol

sagarb
Old
Thanks Meter 4
me to exp the same problem is it because of phone or the card?

melvinchng
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1749

DONATE TO ME
Experienced it before... And I flashed a different kernel, it is solved.

Accidentally sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
MelvinChng @ Google+
MelvinChng @ Twitter
MelvinChng @ Facebook
MelvinChng @ Schemer
MelvinChng @ YouTube
MelvinChng @ Instagram

How to remove pattern unlock with ADB and Debugging ON [No-ROOT]/[ROOT]

LG G2 D801
Running custom ROM and Kernel
Was using HTC Wildfire, Google Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Question? This video might help you.
360 is the largest Internet security company in China, securing >70% of the Internet users and offering free services and apps for Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows and Windows Mobile platforms users.

rascal123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinchng View Post
Experienced it before... And I flashed a different kernel, it is solved.

Accidentally sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Which kernel? Am relief to hear others are having the same problem..I guess it may relate to firmware or kernel since few people are having the same problem..

pete_n
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, it's been happening to me too when unlocking the phone (and seemingly more recently over the last week).

Using a Sandisk Ultra card and on the standard 4.1.1 ROM.

livingaboard
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Let me guess, you are all using sandisk ultra cards? These cards appear to be a real pain in the a s s . Mine, (bought new off Amazon in October) went tits up and I believe it was the card that somehow caused corrupted files and caused my "media" process to be a complete battery hog.

About a week before the card totally failed to be recognized by my computer or my phone, I got those random messages about my sd card being unmounted and then it would just automatically scan it as if I had just inserted it when in reality I never took it out. I was able to copy everything to my computer about an hour before it was complete toast

I suggest you copy any important files on the card to your computer or wherever before it completely fails. I don't know what to do about getting a new card. I already filed a warranty claim with Sandisk but I am hesitant to use their brand again. Sandisk seems to be THE brand out there. I would like to try another brand.
The Following User Says Thank You to livingaboard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m666p
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingaboard View Post
Let me guess, you are all using sandisk ultra cards? These cards appear to be a real pain in the a s s . Mine, (bought new off Amazon in October) went tits up and I believe it was the card that somehow caused corrupted files and caused my "media" process to be a complete battery hog.

About a week before the card totally failed to be recognized by my computer or my phone, I got those random messages about my sd card being unmounted and then it would just automatically scan it as if I had just inserted it when in reality I never took it out. I was able to copy everything to my computer about an hour before it was complete toast

I suggest you copy any important files on the card to your computer or wherever before it completely fails. I don't know what to do about getting a new card. I already filed a warranty claim with Sandisk but I am hesitant to use their brand again. Sandisk seems to be THE brand out there. I would like to try another brand.
Im using a sandisk ultra 32gb card ever since i got my sgn2 a few months bck, never even formatted it to anything else n flashed a s#itload of roms n kernels too never had or have a prob, btw currently using omega 8.0 n perseus alpha 29....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

rascal123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:

Yes im using a sandisk ultra 32 gig class10..however my other friends also having the same problem but he is using kingmax..now im not sure weather the problem rise because of the sd or default in the phone itself..

evrest
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:

You explained well.... same sad story!!!