[APP][2.2+ v1.4.2]CleverConnectivity: Manage connectivity w/o stopping streaming/dl
I was searching for a connectivity (3G/Wifi) manager that will allow to save some juice without sacrificing my habits.
I couldn't find something that fulfilled exactly my needs so as a curious IT engineer I decided to develop my first android application.
CleverConnectivity is an application that helps you to manage your data and wifi connection in order to save battery
NO ROOT IS NEEDED.
How does CleverConnectivity work?
This application will automatically turn on and off connectivity (data/wifi/sync) while screen is OFF.
For example if the user chooses below configuration:
Time On: 2min
Time On Next Check: 1min
Time Off: 10m
Usage check Interval: 3s
Once the screen is OFF, CleverConnectivity will keep connectivity alive for 2min. Then it will check if data is used during a period of 3s.
If data is used, connectivity will be kept for 1 minute (Time On Next Check).
If data is NOT used, connectivity will be desactivated for 10min. After this, the connectivity will be re-activated and Time On will kick in.
Once screen is ON, connectivity will be automatically re-enabled.
Details of features
- Configuration of ON-OFF cycle (Time On, Time Off, Usage Interval Period)
- Disable/Enable connectivity (Wifi/Data/Sync)
- Enable/disable management of Data/Wifi/Sync connectivity
- Sleep Hours: During these hours, all connectivity will desactivated one screen is OFF
- Possibility to turn off bluetooth during sleep hours
- Auto Wifi-Off: Wifi will be disabled after after a defined period if screen is OFF and no known networks are available
- Auto Wifi-On: Wifi will be enabled once a known network is availaible
- Check Wifi internet connection: Will check if the wifi is able to connect to the internet before connecting to it
- Possibility to read logs generated by the app
- Possibility to deactivate the app while the phone is plugged. The ON-OFF cycle will resume once the phone is unplugged.
- "Screen On Connectivity Delay" which delays the moment where connectivites are re-enabled when screen is turned on
- Possibility to manage connectivity per app
- Shortcut can be created to enable/disable CConnectivity
- Possibility to turn on/off permanent notification
- Switch 2G/3G (for cyanogenmod based roms only)
How does this CleverConnectivity is different from its concurrents:
- You can turn on/off connectivity (wifi/data/sync) everywhere
in the system (settings, toggles on notification bar...) and will be taken into consideration by CleverConnectivity
- CleverConnectivity can check data usage before disable it. Therefore your downloads/streaming won't be stopped
- It's very lightweight and efficient. You just have to install it and configure it and then forget it. It will do it work silently and efficiently.
- It's free
! It contains all features of the paid version. The only difference is the presence of ads. If you want to support me, then you can buy the no ads version.
Google play links
Free Version (contains all features)
Paid version - No Ads (same features as free version, it's only if you want to support)
If you have any question/issue about CleverConnectivity, please write in this thread or use the "Report a bug" button.
- Add statistics
- Bug with manager connectivity per app feature fixed
- Bug fixes
- Improved stability of main service
- Brand new UI (side navigation bar)
- New feature: Data off when wifi is connected
- A lot of bug fixes
- Added italian translation (thanks to Alberto Nessi)
- Fixed bug with sleep off notfication
- Fixed with bluetooth feature
- Fixed "Activate Notfication" feature
- Fixed battery low percentage display
- Improved Notifications
- Added Low Battery Profile
- Added "Ongoing notfication" feature
- New UI
- Added support for android 2.2
- Corrected bug while generating and fetching logs
- Spanish translation
- Corrected bug with application auto start
- Added "Bluetooth off when sleeping"
- Improved icon (still thanks to Yves)
- Now using log4j library to generate logs
- Now automatically link logs file when reporting mail
- Clean up logs
- Add 'Deactivate logs' feature
- Corrected another bug in WifiScanner
- New icon (Thanks to Yves)
- Added "Re-enable connectivity after lockscreen is removed" feature
- Added "Check wifi internet connection" feature
- Corrected some bugs with Auto Wifi features
- Fixed bug while rotating screen on main activity
- Fixed bug with Sleep Hours after restarting
- Added « Manger connectivity per app » feature
- Improve stability of main service
- Corrected little bug with shortcut
- Improved 2G/3G switch for CyanogenMod based roms
- Added shortcut to (de)activate main service
- Corrected several little bugs
- Corrected a bug with sleep hours
- Added "2G when screen is off" ONLY FOR CYANOGEN - still BETA stage
- Added Auto Wifi On feature
- Corrected several little bugs
- Reorganized the main UI (just some little modifications)
- Added "First Time On" feature which is a Time On that will be executed instead of the regular Time On when the screen has just been turned off. But after expiration of Time Off, it's still the regular Time On that will be taken into consideration.
- Corrected a bug when the main service was starting
- Corrected bug while quitting sleep mode
- Corrected bug with "Deactivate while plugged" feature
- Significantly improved sync operations
- Added french translation
- Renamed free and paid versions
- Improve sync operations while screen is off
- Corrected bug while inputting a value greater than 10 in data usage check field
- Added "Screen On Connectivity Delay" feature which delays the moment where connectivites are re-enabled when screen is turned on
- Corrected bug with phone sometines acquiring wakelock
- Added "Deactivate while plugged" feature
- Added master switch to deactivate all features of CleverConnectivy
- Added "Time On Next Check" timer
- Corrected bug while leaving blank timer fields
- Auto-Sync Manager Added
- Bug correction with activation of Data Manager and Wifi Manager
- Big under-the-hood update : it should resolved most of encountered bugs
- Fixed antoher bug in sleep hours, it should work fine now!
- Added possibility to view logs generated by ap
- Fixed bug in Sleep Hours
- Improved overall performance and stability (less RAM usage°
- Ads are removed from this version for now.
Hope you will enjoy CleverConnectivity!