Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Obb folder is missing

Tip us?

tulik23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Obb folder is missing

Hi

i bought the PIPO m1 tablet
and i tried installing all kinds of games (not from the playstore) like Asphalt 7
in the instruction i was told to copy afolder to the SDcard/Android/Obb....

this tablet does not have sdcard and when i checked under android folder ther was no Obb folder ???
i tried to buld one and copy the files there but still witout success

what is this folder and why its not on the Tablet

Thanks
\TK

DrearierJester1
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Oob folder is where game data are stored. If it doesnt exist create that folder and paste the gamedata. Also you may need to patch framework.jar on you m1 as majority of the gameloft games has issues starting up their games on m1 . Tty googling "pipo m1 gameloft fix"

Sent from my M1 using Tapatalk HD

tulik23
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks
Ill look for it

You know if that problem exist on the pipo m8 also ?

sashank
Old
Thanks Meter 562
You're talking about pirated apps here, aren't you? That's not allowed. Where did you download Asphalt 7 from? Google Play Store and Amazon App Store both automatically download the game data. If not that then most games download the data into the right folder on first launch. None of the games, especially popular games like Asphalt 7, will ask you to download game data from somewhere else and put it in the obb folder unless it's a pirated game and working around the initial license check.

divyesh_070
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Most of people use pirated apps
Very few pays for them

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Dan Law 001
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashank View Post
You're talking about pirated apps here, aren't you? That's not allowed. Where did you download Asphalt 7 from? Google Play Store and Amazon App Store both automatically download the game data. If not that then most games download the data into the right folder on first launch. None of the games, especially popular games like Asphalt 7, will ask you to download game data from somewhere else and put it in the obb folder unless it's a pirated game and working around the initial license check.
You are right, but sometime even I launch the games purchased from Google Play, it has trouble downloading external data if you deleted them and try to redownload them again. Therefore, sometime it it is handy to keep everything in an obb file yourself for the future. Please keep in mind that I DO NOT ENCOURAGE people to pirate apps, I just buy the idea of obb...