CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
! Remember: ROM in alpha stage. Not ask for ETA or for date of new build. Try to minimize spam on DEV thead General Thead here
I and Rohan develop 4.2.1 CM10.1 for you... Now it boots... Other detales post soon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ-QJmTBnU4
-Display and touch screen (with multi touch)
-GPS & Network Location
-USB Mass Storage
-Video playback. OMX now fixed.
What not working (for now, maybe fix soon):
-Small bugs only.
If any of the users post any question that is mentioned in this FAQ post, u r post will be reported to mod's. So this is strictly for developers, people who can contribute for projects, curious-freaks [like me ] only.
This ROM is not for u =
1. if u keep bi*tching about in the thread and post fix this and fix that.
2. if u feel, this ROM will make u look cool among ur buddie's.
Dev's are really trying hard to run an elephant on a tight rope with a unicycle, here so as to talk in a figure of speech .
So let them do their stuff, and wat our stuff to do is ? Just test and report bugs only.
Another small but important thing is, I know we all are very happy, excited to use CM 10.1 on our device, but understand, we have very less/cheap hardware to hardly run ICS 4.0+ on our device, but these good people are making run not just Android 4.2.1 but the CyanogenMod version of it, which is quite heavy to run on devices, which is difficult to run on big/good phones like Galaxy S.
1. Be patient
2. Dont post useless stuff. Dev's already know more than u do.
3. Dont spam thread by posting "thanks and etc"
If u really wanna help them, press the thanks buttons and leave
So lets begin on a good note and Wish the Dev's a very gud luck
This Post contains =
1. Flashing Instructions
3. All the future mod's for this ROM by me and other users
4. Any Performance packages
5. Any Theme's
6. And other miscellaneous stuff
7. Link to Lite-GAPPS [SEE POST #5]
1. Download the ROM from above post #1
2. Put it on ur SD-Card
3. Boot into recovery
4. Wipe data
5. Wipe cache
6. Install zip from sd-card
7. Wait till the ROM flashes
8. Wipe data again
9. Wipe cache again
10. Wipe dalvik cache
11. Wipe battery stat's [optional, quick battery callibration]
note = if u want to use apktool and other smali-backsmali tools, u need to install the API packages too
GB = API 10
ICS till 4.0.4 = API 14, 15
JB 4.1.2 = API 16
JB 4.2 and above = API 17 and above].
2. install java JRE [java official website]
3. java SDK [java official website]
note = java 6 or 7...anything is ok
4. then open command prompt
5. u should know the path of ur sdk, where u installed it.
example my path is =
so in the platform-tools directory, the adb, fastboot and logcat and other applications are located...so finally u need to browse to that path through cmd on ur pc
6. then while in the path type this =
7. the above command gives u the list of devices attached.
8. its basic and very important to enable android debugging in ur phone before doin all this.
9. then type this
adb locat > logcat.txt
10. adb logcat generates a live session of logcat in cmd prompt itself.
and second command generates a remote logcat to a text file called logcat. U can name it watever u want, like for example, if the problem is phone app is force close, then instead of logcat, type phoneFC.txt.
This text file will be located in ur platform-tools folder.
11. so if u want to report about a force close, just simulate the problem of force close when the logcat command is running and ur phone is connected to pc
12. then simply attach it here for debugging and fixing purposes
2. Some basic ADB Commands
adb devices = shows the list of devices attached
adb root = adb gains the root access to ur device
adb remount = remounts the system partition for development/modding purposes
adb pull <remote> <local> = for pulling apk's from android system to our pc
adb push <local> <remote> = for pushing apk's into android system from pc
adb install apkname.apk = installs an app via adb to /data/app partition
adb reboot = command to reboot device using adb
adb reboot recovery = command to reboot device into recovery mode using adb
adb logcat > logcat.txt = command to produce a logcat
This is a tiny flashbale ZIP for CWM, which provides full GApps with one important feature: Google Play
No manually /system mount is needed :D (sry, but i rewritten the updater Script/Binary
AND no, this wont brick your device!
Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more
29 Aug 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?