Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case for a normal person.

Tip us?

nickeedoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Default Case for a normal person.

I have looked high and low for a case that is durable, thin(not the ultra thin ones), but isn't silicon. Anyone using something like this? I need it to be able to slide in and out of my pocket fairly easily. (Hence why I'm avoiding silicon cases) If there's one that does this and covers the volume rocker as well as keeps the phone from laying on the screen or camera, I'd have all my wants met.

Preferably matte black, if I can have it. Thanks!
G1(3), G2, Inspire 4G, One X, Galaxy S 3, Nokia Lumia 900 (We all go through a stupid phase), Galaxy S4, LG G2

ethantarheels123
Old
Thanks Meter 227
I am on the same hunt also. Narrowed it down to the silicrylic and ballistic SG. I like the sleekness of the silicrylic, but the robustness and confidence I can have with the ballistic is tempting.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

ECEXCURSION
Old
Thanks Meter 521
Platinum case from bestbuy.

Sent from my HTC One XL
Current Phone: HTC One (T-Mobile)
Previous Phones: HTC One XL w/ CleanROM 6 R2 & ElementalX-6.4, HTC Aria w/ Liberated 2.2.2, Motorola PEBL

My HTC One vs One XL Review
My HTC One XL battery life eats your battery life...

Sluff
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Seidio surface case. Same thing as the platinum. People complain about the button covers breaking but mine have not snagged on anything nor do I feel they are flimsy. In order to break them you would need to have the mind of a two year old that's on a mission to break things.

benyandthejets
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm not allowed to post links yet, but go to incipio's website and if you go to smart phone cases > htc > htc one x(att) there are a couple cases there. The feather and feather shine are very thin and pretty good looking. I'd recommend the normal feather(black one). I had both but the black one is more durable. The shine one looks really slick, but the corners of the case that line up with the corners of the phone ended up breaking after a month or two. The other one should fair better because it isn't made of out the same plastic material.

nickeedoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Thanks for the replies. I had also looked at the silicryllic and ballistic. Thinking along the lines of one of those. Not sure if I want something that makes the phone huge(er) in the hand than it already is Haha.
G1(3), G2, Inspire 4G, One X, Galaxy S 3, Nokia Lumia 900 (We all go through a stupid phase), Galaxy S4, LG G2

mikelebz
Old
Thanks Meter 144
check out the Nillkin TPU case... This is the best case I have ever found for a phone. Love the thinness and matte look/feel. Keeps the sexyness to the phone and also has a nice lip for the camers (something that I have yet to find on a thin case for this phone. Will never buy another case for this phone again...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...ne+xl&_sacat=0

ethantarheels123
Old
Thanks Meter 227
I heard that the nilkin was meant for the international so the camera doesn't line up and perfectly with ours

mikelebz
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethantarheels123 View Post
I heard that the nilkin was meant for the international so the camera doesn't line up and perfectly with ours

Does with mine

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

vcrp94
Old
Thanks Meter 237
I clicked this thread by mistake, but as the case i use on my One X is compatible with One XL i would recomend you the Momax iCase Pro it is made of TPU+Polycarbonate it doesn't add much bulk to the phone while giving very decent protection, the case protudes a bit on the top and bottom to avoid the screen hitting the floor first, it protudes on the back around the camera and overall its a tight fit and feels very well in the hand, slides in the pocket nicely too!
Look!! A potato! --------------->

HTC One M8 32GB

Previous Android phone: HTC One(M7), HTC One X, Galaxy S3 , LG Optimus 2X, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i and Samsung Galaxy Spica.

The Following User Says Thank You to vcrp94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]