Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case for a normal person.

Tip us?

pside15
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
Seidio surface case. Same thing as the platinum. People complain about the button covers breaking but mine have not snagged on anything nor do I feel they are flimsy. In order to break them you would need to have the mind of a two year old that's on a mission to break things.
Consider yourself lucky. I know 3 people, including myself, personally that have bought that case and the power button piece broke on all 3. Not a big deal now since I use s2w but at first it sucked big time.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
LG G3 (T-Mobile)

ECEXCURSION
Old
Thanks Meter 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by pside15 View Post
Consider yourself lucky. I know 3 people, including myself, personally that have bought that case and the power button piece broke on all 3. Not a big deal now since I use s2w but at first it sucked big time.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
Platinum case has been flawless for the last 6 months.

Sent from my HTC One XL
Current Phone: HTC One (T-Mobile)
Previous Phones: HTC One XL w/ CleanROM 6 R2 & ElementalX-6.4, HTC Aria w/ Liberated 2.2.2, Motorola PEBL

My HTC One vs One XL Review
My HTC One XL battery life eats your battery life...

nickeedoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcrp94 View Post
I clicked this thread by mistake, but as the case i use on my One X is compatible with One XL i would recomend you the Momax iCase Pro it is made of TPU+Polycarbonate it doesn't add much bulk to the phone while giving very decent protection, the case protudes a bit on the top and bottom to avoid the screen hitting the floor first, it protudes on the back around the camera and overall its a tight fit and feels very well in the hand, slides in the pocket nicely too!
I think I'm gonna go with this. Did you get yours from their website? I avoid chinese stores when I can, but this looks like exactly what I want.
G1(3), G2, Inspire 4G, One X, Galaxy S 3, Nokia Lumia 900 (We all go through a stupid phase), Galaxy S4, LG G2

954wrecker
Old
(Last edited by 954wrecker; 26th December 2012 at 07:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeedoo View Post
I think I'm gonna go with this. Did you get yours from their website? I avoid chinese stores when I can, but this looks like exactly what I want.
Good luck!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_One_X
the two phones have slightly different dimensions
ONE X
134.36 mm (5.290 in) H
69.9 mm (2.75 in) W
8.9 mm (0.35 in) D
ONE XL
134.8 mm (5.31 in)
69.9 mm (2.75 in)
8.9 mm (0.35 in)
The Following User Says Thank You to 954wrecker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vcrp94
Old
(Last edited by vcrp94; 26th December 2012 at 07:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
I got mine from ebay, not their website, it might take a while as these cases are quite rare to be seen on europe or america and they mostly come from Hong Kong! If you want, i can take some pics so you can see how the case looks on the phone.

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954wrecker View Post
Good luck!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_One_X
the two phones have slightly different dimensions
ONE X
134.36 mm (5.290 in) H
69.9 mm (2.75 in) W
8.9 mm (0.35 in) D
ONE XL
134.8 mm (5.31 in)
69.9 mm (2.75 in)
8.9 mm (0.35 in)
I think it shouldn't be a problem considering that on their website they say "Model: One X (S720e)/ One XL (X325s)"
Look!! A potato! --------------->

HTC One M8 32GB

Previous Android phone: HTC One(M7), HTC One X, Galaxy S3 , LG Optimus 2X, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i and Samsung Galaxy Spica.

The Following User Says Thank You to vcrp94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

954wrecker
Old
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
I got mine from ebay, not their website, it might take a while as these cases are quite rare to be seen on europe or america and they mostly come from Hong Kong!

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I think it shouldn't be a problem considering that on their website they say "Model: One X (S720e)/ One XL (X325s)"
That just tells me they really dont fit 100% if they claim they line up perfect on both phone versions.
It either fits the ONE X perfect or the ONE XL perfect no way it fits both perfect.

vcrp94
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954wrecker View Post
That just tells me they really dont fit 100% if they claim they line up perfect on both phone versions.
It either fits the ONE X perfect or the ONE XL perfect no way it fits both perfect.
It's not like the phones are that diferent, its only 0,4mm not 4mm. If you see around there are a lot of cases which are compatible with both phones the One X and the XL and i can't see why are you making such a big deal out of this, if the case doesn't fit on his XL he can always return it.

HTC One M8 32GB

Previous Android phone: HTC One(M7), HTC One X, Galaxy S3 , LG Optimus 2X, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i and Samsung Galaxy Spica.

The Following User Says Thank You to vcrp94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickeedoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
It's not like the phones are that diferent, its only 0,4mm not 4mm. If you see around there are a lot of cases which are compatible with both phones the One X and the XL and i can't see why are you making such a big deal out of this, if the case doesn't fit on his XL he can always return it.
True. Thank you both for your input. They are a little different, but I'm not too worried about it. If you wouldn't mind putting some pictures up, I'd really appreciate it!
G1(3), G2, Inspire 4G, One X, Galaxy S 3, Nokia Lumia 900 (We all go through a stupid phase), Galaxy S4, LG G2

vcrp94
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
True. Thank you both for your input. They are a little different, but I'm not too worried about it. If you wouldn't mind putting some pictures up, I'd really appreciate it!
I will put the pictures here tomorrow, i can't put them here today as i am a bit busy..

HTC One M8 32GB

954wrecker
Old
(Last edited by 954wrecker; 26th December 2012 at 11:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 481
Post pics when you get it for the one xl so we can compare it to the pics from the one x. I'm curious to see the results.