Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Fix ADB USB driver for Rockchip RK3066 - Ployer Momo7 Dual Core

OP CallMeLaNN

22nd December 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 19

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am struggling to make my USB debugging works for Momo7 dual core with RK3066 chip. This is what I found to make it works at least for my Windows 7 64bit. This should be the same with other RK3066 devices also.

1. Install ADB driver
After connect to USB (make sure USB debugging enabled and don't mount the mass storage device) You will find that MOMO7 is not recognized in the Device Manager. The simple way is to install Moborobo, it will find and install a driver for you.
If you dont want to install Moborobo, you can use standard adb driver comes from SDK but you need to edit the android_winusb.inf file to add

Code:
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006&MI_01
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01
in both Google.NTx86 and Google.NTamd64 area.

For other model and manufacturer, just change the VID and PID which you can get from Device Manager > Properties > Details > Hardware Ids.

2. Use suitable ADB
Using adb from Android SDK is not working for some/almost RK3066 device (I think). I tried a few adb embedded from the other application like SuperOneClick but not working. No device found if you run "adb devices". I almost giveup but suddenly adb from ROOT.bat here contain is the only adb that can see my device.

Credit goes to bindassdost to point to the adb in the first link here

and yuvarajv to mentioned the adb embedded in root script contain ROOT.bat here
Last edited by CallMeLaNN; 22nd December 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Update link
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CallMeLaNN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2013, 07:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Root Momo7 & Momo8 Dual Core
The Momo7 & Momo8 using RK3066 can be root by using a Chinese program ZhuoDaShi. http://www.dashi.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to sl_hasl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2013, 08:44 PM   |  #3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 7

85 posts
More
Thumbs up
Thank you for posting the solution for adb. I am using Cube U9GT4 tablet. I was also having the same problem of device not getting listed. But now I am able to use the adb.exe from your zip. Thanks again ...
30th January 2013, 11:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 549

588 posts
Donate to Me
Thank you. This worked for my MINIX Neo G4 with an uncommon pid.

btw, you needn't install the sdk or usb drivers at all or go through that driver modding thingy, the pdanet drivers also work out of the box
1st May 2013, 10:51 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

37 posts
More
thank you very mutch !!! it works for me and my rk3066 China tablet !!! now ADB work

10th May 2013, 01:23 PM   |  #6  
Flag DevConnection
Thanks Meter: 4,538

2,771 posts
More
Thank you, it worked with Qware TB-1517 (RK2926)
Last edited by XeLLaR*; 24th July 2013 at 02:14 PM.
1st July 2013, 11:27 PM   |  #7  
Flag West Midlands - UK
Thanks Meter: 116

368 posts
More
had very similar problems with the timingpower Mini PC RK3066. I could not get the USB driver to install no matter what I tried (Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit)

Moborobo worked for me but I did not like the way it installed (and kept installing) Moborobo apps on my device - particularly as it had access to a rooted device under adb.

I will now do a full reset, restore my original ROM and try the alternative adb method described in the first post.

I am probably being over cautious but you can't be too careful these days!
Last edited by htc6500uk; 1st July 2013 at 11:31 PM.
1st September 2013, 12:54 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc6500uk

had very similar problems with the timingpower Mini PC RK3066. I could not get the USB driver to install no matter what I tried (Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit)

Moborobo worked for me but I did not like the way it installed (and kept installing) Moborobo apps on my device - particularly as it had access to a rooted device under adb.

I will now do a full reset, restore my original ROM and try the alternative adb method described in the first post.

I am probably being over cautious but you can't be too careful these days!

Hi there.

I've found another way by installing the Rk30XX driver from BQ, :

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Drivers/ADB_drivers_RK30.rar

1- Extract the folder and you will have a folder "bq edison" with two folders inside (tools and usb_driver).
2- Unninstall previous drivers and install the usb_driver from this folder, using device manager.
3- Go to folder tools, that contains patched files (adb and dll's) and copy them. Take note to their names
4- Now go to the SDK_FOLDER\plataform_tools\ and backup the files with the same name that you copy on step 3 (just rename them... to something like adb.exe.bck)
5- Now copy the files and open a terminal, perform 'adb kill-server' , 'adb start-server' and 'adb devices' will show your ID device .D

This worked with a RK30XX device as well my Denver TAC70071 with an RK2928 chipset , since the USB vendor id and pid is present on the driver.

PS.: Sorry for my poor english
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dimitrico For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th November 2013, 09:29 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Thumbs up It works!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrico

Hi there.

I've found another way by installing the Rk30XX driver from BQ, :

(URL deleted, use above)

1- Extract the folder and you will have a folder "bq edison" with two folders inside (tools and usb_driver).
2- Unninstall previous drivers and install the usb_driver from this folder, using device manager.
3- Go to folder tools, that contains patched files (adb and dll's) and copy them. Take note to their names
4- Now go to the SDK_FOLDER\plataform_tools\ and backup the files with the same name that you copy on step 3 (just rename them... to something like adb.exe.bck)
5- Now copy the files and open a terminal, perform 'adb kill-server' , 'adb start-server' and 'adb devices' will show your ID device .D

This worked with a RK30XX device as well my Denver TAC70071 with an RK2928 chipset , since the USB vendor id and pid is present on the driver.

PS.: Sorry for my poor english

Hi Dimitrico,
This works with my DFP1008R china noname tablet with RockChip RK2918 and Android 4.0.3 too!
Tried lots of ADB drivers, but the key is special adb.exe from this pack!
14th March 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #10  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 5

121 posts
More
how to avoid windows 8.1 security warnings ?

Last edited by fpopic; 16th March 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread