Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 50,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Fix ADB USB driver for Rockchip RK3066 - Ployer Momo7 Dual Core

Tip us?

CallMeLaNN
Old
(Last edited by CallMeLaNN; 22nd December 2012 at 09:22 PM.) Reason: Update link
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Default [GUIDE] Fix ADB USB driver for Rockchip RK3066 - Ployer Momo7 Dual Core

I am struggling to make my USB debugging works for Momo7 dual core with RK3066 chip. This is what I found to make it works at least for my Windows 7 64bit. This should be the same with other RK3066 devices also.

1. Install ADB driver
After connect to USB (make sure USB debugging enabled and don't mount the mass storage device) You will find that MOMO7 is not recognized in the Device Manager. The simple way is to install Moborobo, it will find and install a driver for you.
If you dont want to install Moborobo, you can use standard adb driver comes from SDK but you need to edit the android_winusb.inf file to add

Code:
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0006&MI_01
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&MI_01
in both Google.NTx86 and Google.NTamd64 area.

For other model and manufacturer, just change the VID and PID which you can get from Device Manager > Properties > Details > Hardware Ids.

2. Use suitable ADB
Using adb from Android SDK is not working for some/almost RK3066 device (I think). I tried a few adb embedded from the other application like SuperOneClick but not working. No device found if you run "adb devices". I almost giveup but suddenly adb from ROOT.bat here contain is the only adb that can see my device.

Credit goes to bindassdost to point to the adb in the first link here

and yuvarajv to mentioned the adb embedded in root script contain ROOT.bat here
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CallMeLaNN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sl_hasl
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Root Momo7 & Momo8 Dual Core

The Momo7 & Momo8 using RK3066 can be root by using a Chinese program ZhuoDaShi. http://www.dashi.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to sl_hasl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asratxda
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thank you for posting the solution for adb. I am using Cube U9GT4 tablet. I was also having the same problem of device not getting listed. But now I am able to use the adb.exe from your zip. Thanks again ...

Free Radical
Old
Thanks Meter 530

DONATE TO ME
Thank you. This worked for my MINIX Neo G4 with an uncommon pid.

btw, you needn't install the sdk or usb drivers at all or go through that driver modding thingy, the pdanet drivers also work out of the box

screech_79
Old
Thanks Meter 5
thank you very mutch !!! it works for me and my rk3066 China tablet !!! now ADB work

XeLLaR*
Old
(Last edited by XeLLaR*; 24th July 2013 at 01:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4147
Thank you, it worked with Qware TB-1517 (RK2926)

Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) | CyanogenMod 11 AriesVE_DevCon-Experimental X | Experimental Kernels - In Pension

Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) | StockRom JSS15J.I9300XXUGNA5 | Boeffla-Kernel 5.2 - DEAD

Google Nexus 5 (LG D821) ) | AOSP Android 4.4.4 KTU84Q KitKat | Google-Kernel 3.4

Team GitHub

htc6500uk
Old
(Last edited by htc6500uk; 1st July 2013 at 10:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 114
had very similar problems with the timingpower Mini PC RK3066. I could not get the USB driver to install no matter what I tried (Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit)

Moborobo worked for me but I did not like the way it installed (and kept installing) Moborobo apps on my device - particularly as it had access to a rooted device under adb.

I will now do a full reset, restore my original ROM and try the alternative adb method described in the first post.

I am probably being over cautious but you can't be too careful these days!

Dimitrico
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by htc6500uk View Post
had very similar problems with the timingpower Mini PC RK3066. I could not get the USB driver to install no matter what I tried (Win 7 both 32 and 64 bit)

Moborobo worked for me but I did not like the way it installed (and kept installing) Moborobo apps on my device - particularly as it had access to a rooted device under adb.

I will now do a full reset, restore my original ROM and try the alternative adb method described in the first post.

I am probably being over cautious but you can't be too careful these days!

Hi there.

I've found another way by installing the Rk30XX driver from BQ, :

https://s3.amazonaws.com/Drivers/ADB_drivers_RK30.rar

1- Extract the folder and you will have a folder "bq edison" with two folders inside (tools and usb_driver).
2- Unninstall previous drivers and install the usb_driver from this folder, using device manager.
3- Go to folder tools, that contains patched files (adb and dll's) and copy them. Take note to their names
4- Now go to the SDK_FOLDER\plataform_tools\ and backup the files with the same name that you copy on step 3 (just rename them... to something like adb.exe.bck)
5- Now copy the files and open a terminal, perform 'adb kill-server' , 'adb start-server' and 'adb devices' will show your ID device .D

This worked with a RK30XX device as well my Denver TAC70071 with an RK2928 chipset , since the USB vendor id and pid is present on the driver.

PS.: Sorry for my poor english
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dimitrico For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DuckDaffy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up It works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrico View Post
Hi there.

I've found another way by installing the Rk30XX driver from BQ, :

(URL deleted, use above)

1- Extract the folder and you will have a folder "bq edison" with two folders inside (tools and usb_driver).
2- Unninstall previous drivers and install the usb_driver from this folder, using device manager.
3- Go to folder tools, that contains patched files (adb and dll's) and copy them. Take note to their names
4- Now go to the SDK_FOLDER\plataform_tools\ and backup the files with the same name that you copy on step 3 (just rename them... to something like adb.exe.bck)
5- Now copy the files and open a terminal, perform 'adb kill-server' , 'adb start-server' and 'adb devices' will show your ID device .D

This worked with a RK30XX device as well my Denver TAC70071 with an RK2928 chipset , since the USB vendor id and pid is present on the driver.

PS.: Sorry for my poor english
Hi Dimitrico,
This works with my DFP1008R china noname tablet with RockChip RK2918 and Android 4.0.3 too!
Tried lots of ADB drivers, but the key is special adb.exe from this pack!
T-Mobile MDA Vario (HTC Wizard), G3, CID+SIM Unlocked, S/N:HT602, IPL:3.08/SPL:3.08/GSM:02.71.11/OS:6.1.0.0
WM 6.1 CE OS.19588 from Diamond - CLEAN *FAST!*, Windows Mobile OS:5.2.19588 Build:19588.1.1.4 WWE
CPU@91~286 MHz, miniSD 2 GB SanDisk Ultra II ~80x, Li-Ion Sanyo/WIZA16/3.7 V/1250 mAh, GSM network: Vodafone CZ
BT GPS Evolve goTraxx, MTK3 chipset, 51 ch., Li-Ion BL-5C/3.7 V/~950 mAh, 5 Hz position reporting(!), excellent for geocaching =)

DuckDaffy d(.)!(.)b, http://www.winpack.org/

fpopic
Old
(Last edited by fpopic; 16th March 2014 at 02:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
how to avoid windows 8.1 security warnings ?