Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 49,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting Chinese Spreadtrum Phone w/ Android 4.0.3

Tip us?

H_Bler
Old
(Last edited by H_Bler; 23rd December 2012 at 04:47 AM.) Reason: Solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default [Q] Rooting Chinese Spreadtrum Phone w/ Android 4.0.3

So,

I've bought an Samsung Galaxy S3 replica (read: fake, and i want only to root it no flash it):
Model number: S930
Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: DM_BASE_12A_W12.28_P1|sc8810_modem|07-13-2012 16:42:35
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 rgk-bu2-04@rgk-bu2-04-desktop #3
Software version: T300_JYYS930_C3BOM_MLB_V6.6.5_20121105
Hardware version: 1.1.0
CPU: Spreadtrum

When I first plugged it my notebook (Win7 32bit) I've got in the device manager:

Other Devices
- Spreadtrum Phone
- Spreadtrum Phone
- Spreadtrum Phone

I'm trying to root it so I started my research, afts thousands of tests, I discoverd that

Other Devices
- Spreadtrum Phone >> Android Composite ADB Interface (driver instaled with Android SDK)
- Spreadtrum Phone >> SCI General U2S(AT) (COM3) (Google Search: Spreadtrum Drivers)
- Spreadtrum Phone >> SCI Vendor U2S(DIAG) (COM4) (Google Search: Spreadtrum Drivers)

So after all the yellow marks disappeard i've tried almost everything to root it:

- QQPhoneManeger for Android (which recognise the device like: Sprd S930 - allow me to access my "device root" but I can't change anything there, not even copy from it)
- UnlockRoot (which worked in my previous phone MTP65XX also an android replica)
- Odin
- PDA Net
- SparkyRoot
- Z4Root
- Poot-debug + Ministro II
- Instant-root
- Gingerbreak
- OneClickRoot
- SuperOneClick

And recently i've tried the DooMLoRD ROOT v18 - And I've only got:
adb is out of date. killing...
*daemon estarted succefully*

and nothing more, so i've went to search some more, and I've learned how to verify if adb recognise the device.
I added the C:\android-sdk\plataform-tools to my system path and tried the commands
adb devices
my answer was:
*daemon not runing. startin it now on port 5037*
*daemon started successfully*
List of devices attached:

Nothing, so i've tried
adb shell
my answer was:
error: device not found

So I re-checked all the drivers, unistalled and re-installed.
tried again same thing...

So now i'm stuck, all the solutions that i've fonund for the problem is now coverd

Is there any way to solve it? Or any way to root my device that isn't listed? Or any driver that's better for my device than the one in Android SDK?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the english.

UPDATE!!

Solved, yay!, view solutions below
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to H_Bler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Karim Kahale
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Did you tried this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460 ?
Press the THANKS button if i helped

HOPE IT WILL WORK !! GOOD LUCK !!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karim Kahale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

H_Bler
Old
(Last edited by H_Bler; 23rd December 2012 at 01:53 AM.) Reason: Complementation:
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Thanks, but already tryied this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimkahale View Post
Did you tried this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460 ?
Press the THANKS button if i helped

HOPE IT WILL WORK !! GOOD LUCK !!!
Thanks, but this one also don't work, I forgot to list it. 'cause it's similar to the DooMLoRD .bat

All i got is the *daemon started successfully* answer

And than when I kill the adb process in the task maneger, it resume the running, but aways returning the answer
error: device not found

What I don't get is, if the windows system recognise my Android Composite ADB Interface, why the adb don't?
The Following User Says Thank You to H_Bler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

H_Bler
Old
(Last edited by H_Bler; 21st January 2013 at 12:09 PM.) Reason: Wrong words
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default SOLVED!!!

I've made it. *so ****ing happy right now*

Solutions:

To - Device adb recognition.

Place Hardware ID VID_xxxx in {user home}/.android/adb_usb.ini.
Source

Subscribing the adb.exe files Download Here
Source

To - Rooting

I've used one of the previos methods i've tried

DooMLoRD ROOT v4

Thanks for the tipo karimkahale

And now i'm going to enjoy my 3 sleepless days victory.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to H_Bler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Karim Kahale
Old
Thanks Meter 290
Great!! Glad it worked!!
But just please press the THANKS button, it's much better
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karim Kahale For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sergimas
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Bler View Post
I've made it. *so ****ing happy right now*

Solutions:

To - Device adb recognition.

Place Hardware ID VID_xxxx in {user home}/.android/adb_usb.ini.
Font

Subscribing the adb.exe files Download Here
Font

To - Rooting

I've used one of the previos methods i've tried

DooMLoRD ROOT v4

Thanks for the tipo karimkahale

And now i'm going to enjoy my 3 sleepless days victory.
Hi everyone, I'm having the same problem with a similar phone, a S3 replica:

Model number: Z15A
Android version: 4.0

It appears in the Device Manager (Win7 64bit) as:

Other Devices
- Spreadtrum Phone
- Spreadtrum Phone
- Spreadtrum Phone

I tried installing the USB driver that comes with the Android SDK ( sdk\extras\google\usb_driver ) using "Update driver..." but it only says that Windows could not find a driver there ( maybe because of the 64bit OS? ).

I think i will try and install a Win7 32 bit somewhere just in case, but nevertheless, could you elaborate a bit the solution you found please? (mostly the driver part, as I cannot find how to get the device recognized by Windows)

Thanks in advance.

H_Bler
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergimas View Post
Hi everyone, I'm having the same problem with a similar phone, a S3 replica:

Model number: Z15A
Android version: 4.0

It appears in the Device Manager (Win7 64bit) as:

Other Devices
- Spreadtrum Phone
- Spreadtrum Phone
- Spreadtrum Phone

I tried installing the USB driver that comes with the Android SDK ( sdk\extras\google\usb_driver ) using "Update driver..." but it only says that Windows could not find a driver there ( maybe because of the 64bit OS? ).

I think i will try and install a Win7 32 bit somewhere just in case, but nevertheless, could you elaborate a bit the solution you found please? (mostly the driver part, as I cannot find how to get the device recognized by Windows)

Thanks in advance.
Hello,

I, don't know if the trouble is because you have win 7 64bit, but I will say how i've made it.

Windows has already intalled the device as Spreadtrum with generic drives, so any other driver that you try to install tha isn't compatible with the ones windows associated with your device will be avaliated by the system as "no compatible with your device", so what you got to do is, uninstall this generics drivers so the "spreadtrum"s will be displayed with the yellow mark, and under the "other devices" section in the device manager, then, you install manually the spreadtrum drivers that you can find in searches in two of the "spreadtrum" devices (in the drivers i've found in google searches I've got 3 different drivers General, Vendor and Modem, but i've only used General and Vendor as the other "spreadtrum" device was an ADB interface and not a modem) and the other you also install manually but with the driver in the folder "usb_driver" in "android-sdk/extras/google".

Also, when you use "update driver" follow: Search in my computer> pick in a list> have a disc , then you search in the folders of android-sdk and of the spreadtrum drivers that you downloaded.

Hope it helps.

Just one more thing, i've made it with the root access but now my Play Store don't open... it opens loads a little and then close with (the com.android.vending stopped unexpectedly...
I've tried re-instal the native apk, factory reset, everything, bout nothing works :/
I had to re install all my aps via computer with the "adb install xxxx.apk. And every other aps work normally.

Happy holidays everyone.
If anyone have a clue of what to do, i'd like to try it

sergimas
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Bler View Post
Hello,

I, don't know if the trouble is because you have win 7 64bit, but I will say how i've made it.

Windows has already intalled the device as Spreadtrum with generic drives, so any other driver that you try to install tha isn't compatible with the ones windows associated with your device will be avaliated by the system as "no compatible with your device", so what you got to do is, uninstall this generics drivers so the "spreadtrum"s will be displayed with the yellow mark, and under the "other devices" section in the device manager, then, you install manually the spreadtrum drivers that you can find in searches in two of the "spreadtrum" devices (in the drivers i've found in google searches I've got 3 different drivers General, Vendor and Modem, but i've only used General and Vendor as the other "spreadtrum" device was an ADB interface and not a modem) and the other you also install manually but with the driver in the folder "usb_driver" in "android-sdk/extras/google".

Also, when you use "update driver" follow: Search in my computer> pick in a list> have a disc , then you search in the folders of android-sdk and of the spreadtrum drivers that you downloaded.

Hope it helps.

Just one more thing, i've made it with the root access but now my Play Store don't open... it opens loads a little and then close with (the com.android.vending stopped unexpectedly...
I've tried re-instal the native apk, factory reset, everything, bout nothing works :/
I had to re install all my aps via computer with the "adb install xxxx.apk. And every other aps work normally.

Happy holidays everyone.
If anyone have a clue of what to do, i'd like to try it
I got to get the drivers installed. I've got:

- Android Composite ADB Interface
- SCI General U2S(AT) (COM4)
- SCI Vendor U2S(DIAG) (COM3)

I tried some of the rooting methods you list (z4root, OneClickRoot, SuperOneClick,...) and finally DooMLoRD ROOT v18, but the problem is that my /system directory is Read-Only, so no way is anything working.

I don't kno how to proceed now (noob here ), but I'll keep you posted if I find any solution.

Happy holidays, and good luck!

fakans
Old
(Last edited by fakans; 26th December 2012 at 12:56 PM.) Reason: add url
Thanks Meter 0
Default s550

I have a similar replica, the s560. Should this metod work on my phone? i want to install cyanogenmod on it

this one focalprice.com/MH0369B/35_Android_40_6820_10GHz_Smartphone_with_WiFi_TV_B luetooth.html

teewee3
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergimas View Post
I got to get the drivers installed. I've got:

- Android Composite ADB Interface
- SCI General U2S(AT) (COM4)
- SCI Vendor U2S(DIAG) (COM3)
Hi!

I'm trying to do this myself, but I can't seem to install the drivers properly. Did you use 64-bit windows 7? And which drivers did you use?
Cause I used "SPREADTRUM SCI-USB2Serial-version-1.5.6.1" which I found via Google search, and none of the drivers I found are not digitally signed. That means they won't install properly in win 64-bit.

I only get: SCI USB2Serial (COM3) and SciCmpst Diaog (COM4), and they are both still with the yellow exclamation mark.
Anyone got a good tip for me?

Thanks in advance