[HOWTO] Install Whatsapp working On Nexus 7! [05/31/13]

OP AnonFBI

22nd February 2013, 05:10 PM   |  #191  
Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
More
i dont know but all of those instructions dont work for me, and even more ppl, in me case i have noted that the app under the current version was showing the device warning, then using the appguard i pass it, and get my phon data of the app on it was fully working.

with other person's device can be the version they are using. i just do it on the current version and works, and i have quoted you because your way was the one i tried and give me the intuition to do the steps with the app guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckles1978

@Montana

I did a fresh install of a ROM again tonight. Everything wiped apart from my sdcard, and I just did the same as what I always do,, what you quoted me, and it worked the same as it always does.

Only sometimes when whatsapp release a new version do I have to start from scratch again, install it and have it working on my phone again, and do the same. Never really had any problems with it, I don't know why some people are having great trouble with it. :what:

I have the pro version of titanium backup, so my backups are 1 file only, 'easy import' but apart from that I can't see what I'm doing differently. Have never had the need for appguard though...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

try using the last version. and do the process again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moayadable

Its says "it is too old and i need to update ??? What should i do????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

22nd February 2013, 10:27 PM   |  #192  
Thanks Meter: 277

892 posts
Re: [HOWTO] Install Whatsapp working On Nexus 7! [1/03/13]
The only time that the way I do it doesn't work is when they update the version. Then I just start from scratch, get it working on the phone again, and make a new backup..?? Weird

Good you managed to get it working in the end though

Last edited by knuckles1978; 22nd February 2013 at 11:39 PM.
23rd February 2013, 03:41 AM   |  #193  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Whatsapp version too old...
hey i tried your method but it is giving me error on the nexus 7 that whatsapp version is too old try downloading a new version from google play ...
so my registration is not proceeding further ... pls. help me out !!!
23rd February 2013, 03:47 AM   |  #194  
Thanks Meter: 26

122 posts
More
If whatsapp don't allow two devices with same number or sync conversations. Why use the same phone number? I'm using another number, where I don't use whatsapp. It's works like viber.
Even allows whatsapp+ updates.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
23rd February 2013, 02:38 PM   |  #195  

892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burhanyusuf

hey i tried your method but it is giving me error on the nexus 7 that whatsapp version is too old try downloading a new version from google play ...
so my registration is not proceeding further ... pls. help me out !!!

Uninstall it from your phone. Download the latest version from play store, send a message or two, then titanium backup app+data and then do it again with the new backup.

23rd February 2013, 05:35 PM   |  #196  

4 posts
Quote:

Uninstall it from your phone. Download the latest version from play store, send a message or two, then titanium backup app+data and then do it again with the new backup.

can't i do this without rooting my device ???
23rd February 2013, 05:47 PM   |  #197  

892 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burhanyusuf

can't i do this without rooting my device ???

Don't think so, you need to be rooted for all features of titanium backup i think. You said you tried my way a few posts ago, how could you have if you're not rooted? I've never had an android device not rooted lol, why would anyone want that? :P

Last edited by knuckles1978; 23rd February 2013 at 05:50 PM.
23rd February 2013, 06:30 PM   |  #198  

4 posts
Quote:

Don't think so, you need to be rooted for all features of titanium backup i think. You said you tried my way a few posts ago, how could you have if you're not rooted? I've never had an android device not rooted lol, why would anyone want that? :P

well i heard it violates warranty norms and appguard doesnt needs rooting... so which part u expected needed rooting ??
23rd February 2013, 08:23 PM   |  #199  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 22

28 posts
More
same here :'(
23rd February 2013, 10:18 PM   |  #200  
Flag Fife, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 57

151 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana357

After All this method is working yet but with a few steps more today 02/19/2013:

i do this

1- with titanium backup make the backup of the whats app on my phone (Galaxy S2 epic 4g)

2- uploaded the 3 file made from the titanium folder to my dropbox and then downloaded to my nexus 7

3- restored the app from the backup already maid with the titanium backup (at this step i try to open the app but it where stuck into the update phone process, same as installing from zero)

4- with the Appguard app secure the whatsapp and at the end of the process you can choose the permissions on the phone and under the Phone Calls deselect "read phone status and identity" (first tricky move).

5- then as common users of appgard know during his process all the data is wiped from the app, now you just go to the titanium backup and restore only the data of the app. (second and last tricky move)

i hope this help, tomorrow if i got time i can make a full howto with screens of all. if needed just let me know.

This worked for me thanks Montana357 :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread