Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] Install Whatsapp working On Nexus 7! [05/31/13]

Tip us?

AnonFBI
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbogdanov2 View Post
One last question which I forgot to ask... Now that WhatsApp works, should I keep AppGuard installed on the tablet and Blue Stacks on the laptop or I can uninstall them? I have unchecked the auto-update function, so I guess it will work without any risks?
I tested now, is secure, i uninstalled AppGuard from my tablet and i reboot, WhatsApp stay get messages and work.

Whatsapp in BlueStacks is not need it now, you can uninstall if you wanna, this is secure and better remove of bluestacks.

AnonFBI
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_vtak View Post
I installed whats up using titanium back up from my phoen and installed the restore. Only thing bad about this is that sometimes you will get messages to either tablet or phone but not both at the same time
This method is more clean and secure, you cannot use whatsapp with the same phone number in 2 devices in the same time, you will get messages in one or another

Naelex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much! Worked perfectly on my mums Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

cheeyeen
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I bricked my Galaxy SL GT-i9003 and it's behaving like a tablet without IMEI/baseband.

So I made it into a "real" tablet, and this worked like a charm!

Thank you sooooo much!!
Thanks to the community for all the input for android customization.
Devices owned previously:
Nokia 8250, Samsung E600, Sony Ericsson W700i, Sony Ericsson W810i, Sony Ericsson W910i, Sony Ericsson W980i, Sony Ericsson G705, LG GC900 Viewty Smart, Samsung i9003 Galaxy SL.

Currently owned:
iPhone 5, Sony Xperia Tablet Z.

padremayi
Old
(Last edited by padremayi; 26th December 2012 at 09:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up It works, but...

Hi all!

I have a question; why do you use Bluestacks App Player???

When I got the verification code from Bluestacks App Player, WhatsApp on Nexus 7 asked again a telephone number for verification!!!
If I use the call verification, WhatsApp on Nexus 7 answer me that I must wait 50 minutes for another call verification (due to the one with Bluestacks)...
Then, after 50 minutes, I did the call verification directly on Nexus 7...

Summarizing...

1) I installed WhatsApp 2.8.7326 version from provided link, secured it with App Guard by removing the access at phone status and identity and then I launched WhatsApp.
2) At the verification I used my telephone number (home, office, it's not obligatory to use cellular number) and when the SMS verification has failed I asked for call verification directly on my tablet. Then I used the code provided!

Is Bluestacks App Player really necessary???

AnonFBI
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by padremayi View Post
Hi all!

I have a question; why do you use Bluestacks App Player???

When I got the verification code from Bluestacks App Player, WhatsApp on Nexus 7 asked again a telephone number for verification!!!
If I use the call verification, WhatsApp on Nexus 7 answer me that I must wait 50 minutes for another call verification (due to the one with Bluestacks)...
Then, after 50 minutes, I did the call verification directly on Nexus 7...

Summarizing...

1) I installed WhatsApp 2.8.7326 version from provided link, secured it with App Guard by removing the access at phone status and identity and then I launched WhatsApp.
2) At the verification I used my telephone number (home, office, it's not obligatory to use cellular number) and when the SMS verification has failed I asked for call verification directly on my tablet. Then I used the code provided!

Is Bluestacks App Player really necessary???
Yes, it is necessary because BlueStacks let you use verification methods working, directly on nexus 7 you cannot do it!

You need setup the same phone number in bluestacks and nexus 7 (later of get the sms to your phone, received by bluestacks, you can setup
nexus 7 with the same phone number again and activate the installation with the 3-digit code)

AnonFBI
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeyeen View Post
I bricked my Galaxy SL GT-i9003 and it's behaving like a tablet without IMEI/baseband.

So I made it into a "real" tablet, and this worked like a charm!

Thank you sooooo much!!
Very nice, you welcome
Nexus 7 rooted + Paranoid Android 3+

twitter: @freddyarenas4

Click thanks if i help you!

CM10 for allwinner A13

kn4959
Old
Thanks Meter 1
work like charm in my nexus 7 3g

just need to follow TS write up step by step

Thanks !!