This is an UNOFFICIAL build of CM10.1 ( CyanogenMod 10.1 ) for Nexus 7 (GSM) tilapia and by NO means this is my ROM. I am just compiling from CM Source and 100% credits goes to TeamDouche, fattire, nemith (GSM) the device maintainers of Grouper/Tilapia and all other coders who contributed to CyanogenMod.
This is similar to a nightly from CM but has some extra goodies baked in. If you can't handle some things possible being broken, please don't use this and then complain to me for building it.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
Remember to VOTE this thread if you like it.
Do NOT expect daily builds. I'll build when I'm free.
Do NOT ask for support in this thread.
Do NOT use this unofficial build and ask for support at the official threads.
Do NOT be rude.
Respect all users
If u see a NOOB question and u don't feel like replying, DON'T, just ignore that post. If u do reply, good for u.....and be nice in your reply.
Do NOT use extFAT sdcard with CM10. I do NOT guarantee your sdcard will NOT corrupt.
I want to try this rom but I need a few answers to my questions.
1) Can I flash CM10.1 rom on top of this rom, IF (a big if) I'm not satisfied with it?
2) Can I use faux kernel with this rom? I'm a fan of his kernel.
3) During flashing, is sdcard content wiped? I have use 20 GB now and I can't connect my N7 to PC because of MTP issue. The only way to backup my sdcard is by using USB OTG and it took ages (!) to finish copying all that stuff.
4) Does this rom have expanded desktop feature like PA rom?
5) Does it support USB OTG (without the need for Stickmount or other app)?
6) Do I have to flash another recovery than what I have now, which is CWM Touch recovery 18.104.22.168 for tilapia?
7) What features or functionality is not working or not available? I was told that this rom support WiFi tethering, which is the feature I need most. I was wondering if there's any missing features that stock 4.2.1 have but this rom don't have.
8) How does this rom handles update? Do I check for update in CM OTA app (if there is such feature in CM rom and this rom) or do I wait for new build to be uploaded here and flash in recovery? If the former is true, then it will overwrite the rom files, is it not? I am afraid that jumping back and forth between this rom and CM will make it unstable and other weird things (reboot or whatnot)
If you think of my post as super noob, then please refrain from replying. Just ignore it (as mentioned in OP). If you indeed want to help, feel free to reply.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy S I9000 -given to dad-
Galaxy S II I9100 -mainboard died-
Galaxy S III I9300 -sold-
Nexus 7 3G -sold-
Nexus 7 2013 (flo) | Stock KOT49H rooted + faux kernel
Moto G dual sim (XT1033) | Stock Motorola Asia firmware, Android 4.4.2, not rooted | currently testing for hardware issues
Sign up for Dropbox with this link and we'll both get extra 0.5GB.
Sign up for Mediafire with this link and we'll both get extra 1GB.
I'm not sorry at all for my English, go read my name. LOL
Gestures have become an increasingly important element in smartphone UI … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?