Thread Closed

CLOSED

23rd December 2012, 10:52 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 446

2,981 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfudude

I want to try this rom but I need a few answers to my questions.

1) Can I flash CM10.1 rom on top of this rom, IF (a big if) I'm not satisfied with it?
2) Can I use faux kernel with this rom? I'm a fan of his kernel.
3) During flashing, is sdcard content wiped? I have use 20 GB now and I can't connect my N7 to PC because of MTP issue. The only way to backup my sdcard is by using USB OTG and it took ages (!) to finish copying all that stuff.
4) Does this rom have expanded desktop feature like PA rom?
5) Does it support USB OTG (without the need for Stickmount or other app)?
6) Do I have to flash another recovery than what I have now, which is CWM Touch recovery 6.0.2.3 for tilapia?
7) What features or functionality is not working or not available? I was told that this rom support WiFi tethering, which is the feature I need most. I was wondering if there's any missing features that stock 4.2.1 have but this rom don't have.
8) How does this rom handles update? Do I check for update in CM OTA app (if there is such feature in CM rom and this rom) or do I wait for new build to be uploaded here and flash in recovery? If the former is true, then it will overwrite the rom files, is it not? I am afraid that jumping back and forth between this rom and CM will make it unstable and other weird things (reboot or whatnot)

If you think of my post as super noob, then please refrain from replying. Just ignore it (as mentioned in OP). If you indeed want to help, feel free to reply.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

1) Yes
3) No
4) Yes
5) Stickmount needed
6) No
7) None so far
8) Updates via here, manually

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kenkiller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2012, 10:58 AM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 65,412

20,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfudude

I want to try this rom but I need a few answers to my questions.

1) Can I flash CM10.1 rom on top of this rom, IF (a big if) I'm not satisfied with it?
2) Can I use faux kernel with this rom? I'm a fan of his kernel.
3) During flashing, is sdcard content wiped? I have use 20 GB now and I can't connect my N7 to PC because of MTP issue. The only way to backup my sdcard is by using USB OTG and it took ages (!) to finish copying all that stuff.
4) Does this rom have expanded desktop feature like PA rom?
5) Does it support USB OTG (without the need for Stickmount or other app)?
6) Do I have to flash another recovery than what I have now, which is CWM Touch recovery 6.0.2.3 for tilapia?
7) What features or functionality is not working or not available? I was told that this rom support WiFi tethering, which is the feature I need most. I was wondering if there's any missing features that stock 4.2.1 have but this rom don't have.
8) How does this rom handles update? Do I check for update in CM OTA app (if there is such feature in CM rom and this rom) or do I wait for new build to be uploaded here and flash in recovery? If the former is true, then it will overwrite the rom files, is it not? I am afraid that jumping back and forth between this rom and CM will make it unstable and other weird things (reboot or whatnot)

If you think of my post as super noob, then please refrain from replying. Just ignore it (as mentioned in OP). If you indeed want to help, feel free to reply.

1. Yes

2. Idk yet. I'm using motley kernel Atm. But if faux says it's for cm10.1 then it's ok.

3. No. If you already on cm10.1 then flash without wiping over this kang build. But if you are on stock ROM then u need to wipe data in cwm recovery.

4. Yes. I submitted the overlay to cm gerrit & it was approved & merged.

5. I've not tested otg yet. So Idk Atm.

6. No. Cwm 6.0.2.3 is good.

7. So far I found nothing is missing from stock. CM adds more features to stock ROM. I've submitted the wifi tethering commit to cm gerrit awaiting review but it is in my build.

8. CM updater is for official builds not for my kang build. Follow me in twitter or follow this thread for new kang builds.

U can move from cm official builds to my builds, vice versa....anytime. Will not corrupt anything.

This is a nexus device & being a nexus device means great stability even in cm.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to temasek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #13  
Flag Singapore

20,385 posts
More
Btw I use Airdroid in Play Store to transfer files between my phone & my pc. It's a great piece of app.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to temasek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2012, 11:08 AM   |  #14  
Flag Singapore

20,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolohd

All OK temasek, 5stars for you !
Can you add the link for the latest gapps?

p.s. Please temasek can you add the tile for data toggle in fast setting panel?
It's important to me in Italy we use ever 3g connection because there isn't much WiFi access points.
Ty

I use a modified gapps that remove the xbin/su from the package.

http://temasek.hopto.org/Samsung%20G...1212-FIXED.zip

Official gapps site.
http://goo.im/gapps/
Last edited by temasek; 23rd December 2012 at 11:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to temasek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 446

2,981 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by temasek

Btw I use Airdroid in Play Store to transfer files between my phone & my pc. It's a great piece of app.

Airdroid is great, but for pure transfer of files I use X-link from the store. At least for my usage.....not to mention it works between devices and computers.

The Following User Says Thank You to kenkiller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #16  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 55

681 posts
More
Quote:

3. No. If you already on cm10.1 then flash without wiping over this kang build. But if you are on stock ROM then u need to wipe data in cwm recovery.

I'm new to N73G. If I wipe data will the complete storage/emulate/0 be wiped or will e.g. my navigation maps and my titanium backup stay safe? Haven't got a firm grasp of the concept - without external sd - yet.
23rd December 2012, 12:49 PM   |  #17  
Flag Singapore

20,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniello8

I'm new to N73G. If I wipe data will the complete storage/emulate/0 be wiped or will e.g. my navigation maps and my titanium backup stay safe? Haven't got a firm grasp of the concept - without external sd - yet.

Stock recovery, wipe data = bye bye all internal including your own stuffs in /data/media which is your user space.

Cwm recovery, wipe data = all internal wipe but your /data/media is safe. The....emulated/0 is in /data/media so it is definitely safe.
23rd December 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #18  
Flag Singapore

20,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkiller

Airdroid is great, but for pure transfer of files I use X-link from the store. At least for my usage.....not to mention it works between devices and computers.

What I love about community Forum like xda is, you always learn something.

Thanks for that, I'll have try.
23rd December 2012, 01:08 PM   |  #19  
Flag I'm on a tree.
Thanks Meter: 195

771 posts
More
Quote:

Stock recovery, wipe data = bye bye all internal including your own stuffs in /data/media which is your user space.

Cwm recovery, wipe data = all internal wipe but your /data/media is safe. The....emulated/0 is in /data/media so it is definitely safe.

I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic, but what about TWRP? Will it wipe everything in internal including data/media?

Sent from my Xperia™ X8
23rd December 2012, 01:15 PM   |  #20  
Flag Singapore

20,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazz.rule

I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic, but what about TWRP? Will it wipe everything in internal including data/media?

Sent from my Xperia™ X8

AFAIK no.

Custom recovery will never wipe user space when choosing wipe /data, if not all will jump up their seats and start a rebellion!
Last edited by temasek; 23rd December 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread