Originally Posted by stfudude
I want to try this rom but I need a few answers to my questions.
1) Can I flash CM10.1 rom on top of this rom, IF (a big if) I'm not satisfied with it?
2) Can I use faux kernel with this rom? I'm a fan of his kernel.
3) During flashing, is sdcard content wiped? I have use 20 GB now and I can't connect my N7 to PC because of MTP issue. The only way to backup my sdcard is by using USB OTG and it took ages (!) to finish copying all that stuff.
4) Does this rom have expanded desktop feature like PA rom?
5) Does it support USB OTG (without the need for Stickmount or other app)?
6) Do I have to flash another recovery than what I have now, which is CWM Touch recovery 22.214.171.124 for tilapia?
7) What features or functionality is not working or not available? I was told that this rom support WiFi tethering, which is the feature I need most. I was wondering if there's any missing features that stock 4.2.1 have but this rom don't have.
8) How does this rom handles update? Do I check for update in CM OTA app (if there is such feature in CM rom and this rom) or do I wait for new build to be uploaded here and flash in recovery? If the former is true, then it will overwrite the rom files, is it not? I am afraid that jumping back and forth between this rom and CM will make it unstable and other weird things (reboot or whatnot)
If you think of my post as super noob, then please refrain from replying. Just ignore it (as mentioned in OP). If you indeed want to help, feel free to reply.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
2. Idk yet. I'm using motley kernel Atm. But if faux says it's for cm10.1 then it's ok.
3. No. If you already on cm10.1 then flash without wiping over this kang build. But if you are on stock ROM then u need to wipe data in cwm recovery.
4. Yes. I submitted the overlay to cm gerrit & it was approved & merged.
5. I've not tested otg yet. So Idk Atm.
6. No. Cwm 126.96.36.199 is good.
7. So far I found nothing is missing from stock. CM adds more features to stock ROM. I've submitted the wifi tethering commit to cm gerrit awaiting review but it is in my build.
8. CM updater is for official builds not for my kang build. Follow me in twitter or follow this thread for new kang builds.
U can move from cm official builds to my builds, vice versa....anytime. Will not corrupt anything.
This is a nexus device & being a nexus device means great stability even in cm.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
- CM11.0 SelfKANG ( KANG Thread
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005
- Stock (Rooted)
Nexus 7 3G Tilapia
- CM11.0 SelfKANG
Vadonka's temasek.hopto.org: temasek