Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CLOSED

Tip us?

kenkiller
Old
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by temasek View Post
What I love about community Forum like xda is, you always learn something.

Thanks for that, I'll have try.
No prob....hope it works for u. I personally love it to bits, and the dev is very responsive.

daniello8
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkiller View Post
No prob....hope it works for u. I personally love it to bits, and the dev is very responsive.
If you are a fan of using Total Commander (or similar file managers that have an inbuilt ftp client) I can recommend this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TPServer&hl=de
Galaxy S4 I9505, Galaxy S4 Mini I9195, Nexus 7 3G, Tronsmart VEGA S89 Elite

kenkiller
Old
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniello8 View Post
If you are a fan of using Total Commander (or similar file managers that have an inbuilt ftp client) I can recommend this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TPServer&hl=de
Yeah, I use TC too, but only as a file manager. Still prefer X-link for drag and drop functionality. Thanks anyway!
The Following User Says Thank You to kenkiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stfudude
Old
Thanks Meter 288
I can't believe that I got all my questions answered in just a few hours! Thanks kenkiller and temasek! I'm gonna have to try this rom sometime this week, because it's looks awesome! I will have to make a backup of my sdcard before doing the flashing, for safety measure. Can't afford to lose data these days. I will report if faux kernel works or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy S I9000 -given to dad-
Galaxy S II I9100 -mainboard died-
Galaxy S III I9300 -sold-
Nexus 7 3G -sold-
Nexus 7 2013 (flo) | Stock 4.4.3 rooted + faux kernel
Moto G dual sim (XT1033) | PA 4.5 beta 1 (stock)

I'm not sorry at all for my English, look at my username.

mateorod
Old
(Last edited by mateorod; 23rd December 2012 at 05:46 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,508

DONATE TO ME
Hey temasek!

Our buddy pastime1971 always speaks highly of you. Glad to see you here. The other CM10 thread should look here and see how proper credit is given. I will check this out for sure.

Edit: and I think you are right, the user base is really small. I don't known how this thing is selling, but the traffic here is really tiny. Slower than Nook HD even.
Support Beloko Games' source ports of Doom and Quake 1-3, Jedi Knight, etc.

He is hurting from piracy...I need Doom 3 on my phone, you guys. Buy them, ok?
The Following User Says Thank You to mateorod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kenkiller
Old
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfudude View Post
I can't believe that I got all my questions answered in just a few hours! Thanks kenkiller and temasek! I'm gonna have to try this rom sometime this week, because it's looks awesome! I will have to make a backup of my sdcard before doing the flashing, for safety measure. Can't afford to lose data these days. I will report if faux kernel works or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk 2
Not to belittle anything, but at this point in time it's CM10.1 = Stock 4.2.1 + some tweaks.

So to keep expectations even, don't expect too much difference from stock 4.2.1. It's the general UI tweakability of CM that makes us appreciate what CM brings. Performance wise, I find hard pressed to find much difference between CM10.1 and what came on our devices in the first place.

Again, no slur to temasek, your helpfulness and work here is undeniable, at least for the small pool of tilapia users.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenkiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

n3ocort3x
Old
Thanks Meter 10,861

DONATE TO ME
many thanks for thetering FINALLY my wishes came true , flashing and reporting asap. THX button pressed
================================================== ======================
========== ICE COLD JELLY COMMUNITY ON G+ ->>LINK ============
================================================== ======================
================ FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ->> LINK ==================

Linkmeup82
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Thumbs up Great Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by temasek View Post
I use a modified gapps that remove the xbin/su from the package.

http://temasek.hopto.org/Samsung%20G...1212-FIXED.zip

Official gapps site.
http://goo.im/gapps/
I was starting to regret paying an extra $50 for the 3g version because of what little support it has and the fact that T-Mobile blocks it from my unlimited data plan. I would have been better off just using WiFi tether on my Samsung Galaxy Vibrant like I mostly do anyway. This KANG is a great addition to the ROM database for the tilapia. I also had a few friends buy the non-3g version all because of price. They wanted WiFi but don't have mobile data plans anyway and were not going to purchase one just for the Nexus. Vendors like T-Mobile are hurting tilapia sales because of data blocking. I read a forum where a few people were going to buy Nexus 7 3g models until they found out T-Mobile blocks them. It's really unfortunate that I can't just pop my phone's sim card out and use it on T-Mobile's HSPA network. Anyway, sorry for the rant. I wanted to ask what the benefit of removing xbin/su from Gapps is? I couldn't find any info. I imagine it may be a location thing to see all apps in Play Store? All good things come from Singapore. Like Verbatim disks. Thanks again.

temasek
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 64,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkmeup82 View Post
I was starting to regret paying an extra $50 for the 3g version because of what little support it has and the fact that T-Mobile blocks it from my unlimited data plan. I would have been better off just using WiFi tether on my Samsung Galaxy Vibrant like I mostly do anyway. This KANG is a great addition to the ROM database for the tilapia. I also had a few friends buy the non-3g version all because of price. They wanted WiFi but don't have mobile data plans anyway and were not going to purchase one just for the Nexus. Vendors like T-Mobile are hurting tilapia sales because of data blocking. I read a forum where a few people were going to buy Nexus 7 3g models until they found out T-Mobile blocks them. It's really unfortunate that I can't just pop my phone's sim card out and use it on T-Mobile's HSPA network. Anyway, sorry for the rant. I wanted to ask what the benefit of removing xbin/su from Gapps is? I couldn't find any info. I imagine it may be a location thing to see all apps in Play Store? All good things come from Singapore. Like Verbatim disks. Thanks again.
Since we are already rooted, there isn't any use of su binary file in gapps package. Moreover that gapps with the su binary killed root in my I9300 device. As such I've removed it.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - CM11.0 SelfKANG ( KANG Thread / CHANGELOGS )
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - hltexx (N9005) - CM11.0 SelfKANG ( KANG Thread )
Nexus 7 3G Tilapia - CM11.0 SelfKANG

Vadonka's temasek.hopto.org: temasek
Dev-Host: temasek
AndroidFileHost: temasek

Twitter: temasek71

The Following User Says Thank You to temasek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

temasek
Old
(Last edited by temasek; 23rd December 2012 at 10:16 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 64,277
Next I'll try to attempt mount OTG mass storage device without the need of a Stickmount app, just like many cm devices could. This will probably be after Christmas.

I'll take this commit as a reference (nexus 10)
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/28572/

Hope it will work.

Edit: My I9300 has the exactly same sources as the n10 to enable OTG. I'm hopeful now.

Cross fingers
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - CM11.0 SelfKANG ( KANG Thread / CHANGELOGS )
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - hltexx (N9005) - CM11.0 SelfKANG ( KANG Thread )
Nexus 7 3G Tilapia - CM11.0 SelfKANG

Vadonka's temasek.hopto.org: temasek
Dev-Host: temasek
AndroidFileHost: temasek

Twitter: temasek71

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to temasek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe