Thread Closed

CLOSED

OP temasek

23rd December 2012, 01:50 PM   |  #21  
kenkiller's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 446
 
2,985 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by temasek

What I love about community Forum like xda is, you always learn something.

Thanks for that, I'll have try.

No prob....hope it works for u. I personally love it to bits, and the dev is very responsive.
23rd December 2012, 02:05 PM   |  #22  
daniello8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 58
 
692 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkiller

No prob....hope it works for u. I personally love it to bits, and the dev is very responsive.

If you are a fan of using Total Commander (or similar file managers that have an inbuilt ftp client) I can recommend this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TPServer&hl=de
23rd December 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #23  
kenkiller's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 446
 
2,985 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniello8

If you are a fan of using Total Commander (or similar file managers that have an inbuilt ftp client) I can recommend this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...TPServer&hl=de

Yeah, I use TC too, but only as a file manager. Still prefer X-link for drag and drop functionality. Thanks anyway!
The Following User Says Thank You to kenkiller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #24  
stfudude's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Egypt
Thanks Meter: 303
 
1,030 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
I can't believe that I got all my questions answered in just a few hours! Thanks kenkiller and temasek! I'm gonna have to try this rom sometime this week, because it's looks awesome! I will have to make a backup of my sdcard before doing the flashing, for safety measure. Can't afford to lose data these days. I will report if faux kernel works or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk 2
23rd December 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Developer
New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 3,511
 
1,977 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Hey temasek!

Our buddy pastime1971 always speaks highly of you. Glad to see you here. The other CM10 thread should look here and see how proper credit is given. I will check this out for sure.

Edit: and I think you are right, the user base is really small. I don't known how this thing is selling, but the traffic here is really tiny. Slower than Nook HD even.
Last edited by mateorod; 23rd December 2012 at 05:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mateorod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #26  
kenkiller's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 446
 
2,985 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stfudude

I can't believe that I got all my questions answered in just a few hours! Thanks kenkiller and temasek! I'm gonna have to try this rom sometime this week, because it's looks awesome! I will have to make a backup of my sdcard before doing the flashing, for safety measure. Can't afford to lose data these days. I will report if faux kernel works or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 3G using Tapatalk 2

Not to belittle anything, but at this point in time it's CM10.1 = Stock 4.2.1 + some tweaks.

So to keep expectations even, don't expect too much difference from stock 4.2.1. It's the general UI tweakability of CM that makes us appreciate what CM brings. Performance wise, I find hard pressed to find much difference between CM10.1 and what came on our devices in the first place.

Again, no slur to temasek, your helpfulness and work here is undeniable, at least for the small pool of tilapia users.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenkiller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2012, 06:29 PM   |  #27  
n3ocort3x's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 10,871
 
5,858 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
many thanks for thetering FINALLY my wishes came true , flashing and reporting asap. THX button pressed
23rd December 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #28  
Linkmeup82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Asheville
Thanks Meter: 76
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Thumbs up Great Work
Quote:
Originally Posted by temasek

I use a modified gapps that remove the xbin/su from the package.

http://temasek.hopto.org/Samsung%20G...1212-FIXED.zip

Official gapps site.
http://goo.im/gapps/

I was starting to regret paying an extra $50 for the 3g version because of what little support it has and the fact that T-Mobile blocks it from my unlimited data plan. I would have been better off just using WiFi tether on my Samsung Galaxy Vibrant like I mostly do anyway. This KANG is a great addition to the ROM database for the tilapia. I also had a few friends buy the non-3g version all because of price. They wanted WiFi but don't have mobile data plans anyway and were not going to purchase one just for the Nexus. Vendors like T-Mobile are hurting tilapia sales because of data blocking. I read a forum where a few people were going to buy Nexus 7 3g models until they found out T-Mobile blocks them. It's really unfortunate that I can't just pop my phone's sim card out and use it on T-Mobile's HSPA network. Anyway, sorry for the rant. I wanted to ask what the benefit of removing xbin/su from Gapps is? I couldn't find any info. I imagine it may be a location thing to see all apps in Play Store? All good things come from Singapore. Like Verbatim disks. Thanks again.
23rd December 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #29  
temasek's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 66,191
 
20,580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkmeup82

I was starting to regret paying an extra $50 for the 3g version because of what little support it has and the fact that T-Mobile blocks it from my unlimited data plan. I would have been better off just using WiFi tether on my Samsung Galaxy Vibrant like I mostly do anyway. This KANG is a great addition to the ROM database for the tilapia. I also had a few friends buy the non-3g version all because of price. They wanted WiFi but don't have mobile data plans anyway and were not going to purchase one just for the Nexus. Vendors like T-Mobile are hurting tilapia sales because of data blocking. I read a forum where a few people were going to buy Nexus 7 3g models until they found out T-Mobile blocks them. It's really unfortunate that I can't just pop my phone's sim card out and use it on T-Mobile's HSPA network. Anyway, sorry for the rant. I wanted to ask what the benefit of removing xbin/su from Gapps is? I couldn't find any info. I imagine it may be a location thing to see all apps in Play Store? All good things come from Singapore. Like Verbatim disks. Thanks again.

Since we are already rooted, there isn't any use of su binary file in gapps package. Moreover that gapps with the su binary killed root in my I9300 device. As such I've removed it.
The Following User Says Thank You to temasek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2012, 09:20 PM   |  #30  
temasek's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 66,191
 
20,580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Next I'll try to attempt mount OTG mass storage device without the need of a Stickmount app, just like many cm devices could. This will probably be after Christmas.

I'll take this commit as a reference (nexus 10)
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/28572/

Hope it will work.

Edit: My I9300 has the exactly same sources as the n10 to enable OTG. I'm hopeful now.

Cross fingers
Last edited by temasek; 23rd December 2012 at 10:16 PM.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to temasek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 3G Android Development by ThreadRank