[APP]NFCSecure v1.3.5

Search This thread

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
NFCSecure offers Android users a fast and easy way to protect their devices. By utilizing NFC technology, NFCSecure prevents access to any of the phone or tablet’s functions until an associated NFC tag is scanned. The app can be used in place of inconvenient PIN/Password unlocking or in combination with them to enable two-factor authentication. Stop walking around unprotected, and install NFCSecure today!

Features Include:
Code:
- Fast NFC unlock of Android devices
- Easily pair your device with multiple NFC tags
- Option to disable lockscreen widgets (Android 4.2+)
- Optional NFC lock delay (i.e. Require NFC scan every hour or every 3 times unlocked)
- Option to bypass NFC scan by typing Gmail credentials (i.e. for lost NFC tags)
- Option to bypass NFC scan by typing saved PIN (i.e. for lost NFC tags)

Requirements:
Code:
-Any NFC-enabled Android device running 4.0+ 
-One or more NFC tags with read/write access

Coming Soon:
Code:
- A full range of NFC tags including NFC rings, wristbands, and stickers
- Web portal add-on to enable remote device locking/unlocking and NFC tag management
- Corporate app suite with web portal, user/device management and provisioning, security policy enforcement (minimum PIN, require encryption, etc.), remote locking/unlocking/wiping, geolocation, and more. Contact us for customization options.

Permissions Required:
Code:
- android.permission.INTERNET
-- Required for version verification and authentication with App Engine (Coming soon!)

- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED
-- Required for locking the device when you complete a reboot

- android.permission.NFC
-- For NFC

- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE
-- Required for handling of phone calls

- android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS
-- Used for App Engine authentication (Coming soon!)

- android.permission.MANAGE_ACCOUNTS
-- Required for password verification. Do not fret, your password is never exposed to us, the only data we are given is whether the password we supply (input by you) if correct or not.

- android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
-- Required to get a list of the accounts on the device for possible authentication.

Last edited:

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
FAQ
What devices are supported?
All of them! Well....if you have NFC at least.

What if I get locked out and lose all my keys?
Not to worry! Tapping on the app icon on the lockscreen will temporarily disable the lock, allowing you to authenticate with your Gmail account.

What NFC tags should I get, and where should I get them?
Within the app you can find a section called "Purchase NFC Tags". Here you can find a couple different sites that sell NFC tags which I have found cheap/cool/interesting/share worthy.

Can I use my NFC Key for storing other data still? I want to use it to trigger a <insert random action trigger here>
Currently, no.

Bugs and Issues
I dont think there are any. Please let me know what you find.

Last edited:

bigwilly90210

Nov 18, 2009
Awesome. Look forward to it. Any way of implementing multi user with android 4.2? Nexus 7 and such. Each kid has a key ring? Sounds legit

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
If you mean each key will unlock you to a off user, that's currently impossible until Google releases some open APIs for account management.

What you can do though is install the app on all the seperate user accounts and set different keys for each. The child would have to switch their account before scanning the key, but it would - i think - give you the result you're looking for.

JohnnyEpic

Apr 3, 2011
Can't wait to try this at home. I have a bunch of Andytags(.com) everywhere. Should be interesting.

Sent from the Mars Rover.

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
Its really best if youre able to get them on something you have with you constantly. The idea is to make it secure, not to be a pain in the ass to unlock your device. Try sicking one on your wallet so you have to tap your pocket, or maybe in your belt.

Someone saw this thread last night and contacted us about getting some NFC hardware to go along with our app, so hopefully soon well be able to provide some nice and convenient tags instead of slapping stickers everywhere.

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Great job on the app, can't test though cause I have no nfc tags.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
I think you could probably achieve that by removing your lock screen, but as far as a stock device with NFC goes, your device won't actually scan anything unless the screen is on and the device is unlocked.

r2DoesInc

Dec 8, 2010
Havent got much (any) feedback about how the app functions. Has anyone actually tried the app out yet?

Nilsonf

Nov 16, 2011
I'm trying to buy a lanyard card from that website but it's not letting me. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFCSecure offers Android users a fast and easy way to protect their devices. By utilizing NFC technology, NFCSecure prevents access to any of the phone or tablet’s functions until an associated NFC tag is scanned. The app can be used in place of inconvenient PIN/Password unlocking or in combination with them to enable two-factor authentication. Stop walking around unprotected, and install NFCSecure today!

Features Include:
    Code:
    - Fast NFC unlock of Android devices
    - Easily pair your device with multiple NFC tags
    - Option to disable lockscreen widgets (Android 4.2+)
    - Optional NFC lock delay (i.e. Require NFC scan every hour or every 3 times unlocked)
    - Option to bypass NFC scan by typing Gmail credentials (i.e. for lost NFC tags)
    - Option to bypass NFC scan by typing saved PIN (i.e. for lost NFC tags)

Requirements:
    Code:
    -Any NFC-enabled Android device running 4.0+ 
    -One or more NFC tags with read/write access

Coming Soon:
    Code:
    - A full range of NFC tags including NFC rings, wristbands, and stickers
    - Web portal add-on to enable remote device locking/unlocking and NFC tag management
    - Corporate app suite with web portal, user/device management and provisioning, security policy enforcement (minimum PIN, require encryption, etc.), remote locking/unlocking/wiping, geolocation, and more. Contact us for customization options.

Permissions Required:
    Code:
    - android.permission.INTERNET
    -- Required for version verification and authentication with App Engine (Coming soon!)

- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED
    -- Required for locking the device when you complete a reboot

- android.permission.NFC
    -- For NFC

- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE
    -- Required for handling of phone calls

- android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS
    -- Used for App Engine authentication (Coming soon!)

- android.permission.MANAGE_ACCOUNTS
    -- Required for password verification. Do not fret, your password is never exposed to us, the only data we are given is whether the password we supply (input by you) if correct or not.

- android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS
    -- Required to get a list of the accounts on the device for possible authentication.
    FAQ
    What devices are supported?
    All of them! Well....if you have NFC at least.

What if I get locked out and lose all my keys?
    Not to worry! Tapping on the app icon on the lockscreen will temporarily disable the lock, allowing you to authenticate with your Gmail account.

What NFC tags should I get, and where should I get them?
    Within the app you can find a section called "Purchase NFC Tags". Here you can find a couple different sites that sell NFC tags which I have found cheap/cool/interesting/share worthy.

Can I use my NFC Key for storing other data still? I want to use it to trigger a <insert random action trigger here>
    Currently, no.

Bugs and Issues
    I dont think there are any. Please let me know what you find.
    I am sorry, but there really is not much security with neither this app nor any other lock screens. Anyone who is able to crack a lock screen password, will also know that it is much easier just to reboot into recovery, cd to /data/data/ and delete the folder containing the lock screen data in order to reset it. It takes under 1 minute to do so, maybe 5 minutes of you have to unlock the boot loader and flash a recovery first, but regardless, lock screens protects nothing.

The point of the lock screen is to make sure that your girlfriend does not take your phone while you are in the bathroom and read some of your more secret text messages or looks trough your photo album where you might have some pictures of some other nice "friends". It is not intended to protect the phone itself in case of theft or something like that.

That said, the app looks fun to play with and I will give it a try. But people should not confuse lock screens as real security methods. It does not protect the device nor the data stored on it.
    I am sorry, but there really is not much security with neither this app nor any other lock screens. Anyone who is able to crack a lock screen password, will also know that it is much easier just to reboot into recovery, cd to /data/data/ and delete the folder containing the lock screen data in order to reset it. It takes under 1 minute to do so, maybe 5 minutes of you have to unlock the boot loader and flash a recovery first, but regardless, lock screens protects nothing.

The point of the lock screen is to make sure that your girlfriend does not take your phone while you are in the bathroom and read some of your more secret text messages or looks trough your photo album where you might have some pictures of some other nice "friends". It is not intended to protect the phone itself in case of theft or something like that.

That said, the app looks fun to play with and I will give it a try. But people should not confuse lock screens as real security methods. It does not protect the device nor the data stored on it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have probably 40 friends with smartphones. Maybe 1 or 2 know what Recovery is. 5 or 6 know what XDA is.

But. Lets start by telling you that any lock, front door included is simply there to keep honest people from lurking. Is there really such thing as 'total security' in any situation? Its about piece of mind. The # of people who will walk by and say, 'damn, let me reboot into recovery and crack this lockscreen' is probably ZERO.

If you lose your phone or it gets stolen, it might buy you enough time to track or erase it.... Not everyone is a hacker looking to steal phones. There is some humanity left.

Kudos to the dev for his efforts and accomplishments.

Sent from the Mars Rover.