XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kindle Fire HD 7 stuck on 'application stop'

Tip us?

ariks2012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokennexusa View Post
We will be working with Go Launcher team to get this done.

We will create a How to: once we have cleaned out the bugs.
Pls help me, i have the same problem here, i don't know what to do. Can i do a factory reset, i just rooted my kindle today

ariks2012
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariks2012 View Post
Pls help me, i have the same problem here, i don't know what to do. Can i do a factory reset, i just rooted my kindle today
Just fixed it guys, sooo happy now

KindleFireGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] Kindle Fire HD 7 stuck on 'application stop'

Why.You could of bought factory cable 12$ for your time and reflashed stock with the kindle fire first aide kit

Sent from my KFTT using xda premium

motopig
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I ran into something similar when I was dealing with an input method app.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2127949

I was able to solve it on my own thanks to aLogcat. A little access to logcat goes a long way - it lets you see what app is crashing and how.
The Following User Says Thank You to motopig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danyluis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemeila View Post
Since you have root access you can use adb to remove a system apk,
Use these commands:
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/stl5 /system 
rm -r /system/app/[AppName].apk
mount -o remount,ro -t rfs /dev/stl5 /system
If you need to look up a list of apk names on the device:
Code:
cd /system/app
ls *.apk
Hope this works for you.

Guys: I had the exact same problem today. I followed your instructions and I could get rid of the Next Launcher successfully. You don't know how grateful I am. I was afraid I was to loose my Kindle, too. But this worked. Thank you very much.

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 954

DONATE TO ME
Default Kindle Fire HD 7 stuck on 'application stop'

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyluis View Post
Guys: I had the exact same problem today. I followed your instructions and I could get rid of the Next Launcher successfully. You don't know how grateful I am. I was afraid I was to loose my Kindle, too. But this worked. Thank you very much.
danyluis,

You deserve some credit too! Great work danyluis!
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

Ssantos6981
Old
(Last edited by Ssantos6981; 13th February 2013 at 12:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default a little help?

This is a little different than the original issue but I believe I may have messed something up while trying to root. I don't have a lock screen anymore and my top and bottom bars keep disappearing with a blink once and a while but no touch interaction when they do come up for that brief second. since I am rooted, is there anyway to replace system files to override the ones I may have messed up, or can someone point me in the direction of restoring a stock system without having access to the traditional method of factory reset through the settings menu? Everything seems to work fine just I have no access to the home button, back button, notification bar etc...

I've been searching the forums for an hour or so and haven't been able to come up with a solution.

I've tried using binary's rooting method again to try and restore but it never comes up to the restore screen since I don't have a lock screen. At the end of that process I get a message saying no backup-restore.apk.

I just noticed the first aide thread and I'm going to read through that in hopes that there is a way to bring this thing back.
T-mo LG G Flex

prokennexusa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 954

DONATE TO ME
Default [BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - UPDATED 02/13/2013 1:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssantos6981 View Post
This is a little different than the original issue but I believe I may have messed something up while trying to root. I don't have a lock screen anymore and my top and bottom bars keep disappearing with a blink once and a while but no touch interaction when they do come up for that brief second. since I am rooted, is there anyway to replace system files to override the ones I may have messed up, or can someone point me in the direction of restoring a stock system without having access to the traditional method of factory reset through the settings menu? Everything seems to work fine just I have no access to the home button, back button, notification bar etc...

I've been searching the forums for an hour or so and haven't been able to come up with a solution.

I've tried using binary's rooting method again to try and restore but it never comes up to the restore screen since I don't have a lock screen. At the end of that process I get a message saying no backup-restore.apk.

I just noticed the first aide thread and I'm going to read through that in hopes that there is a way to bring this thing back.
Ssantos6981,

First let me apologize for the delay.

You caught us before we could recommend the solution! Please go to our Backup and Restore Software Kindle Fire First Aide here:

[BACKUP][RECOVERY] Kindle Fire HD and 2 First Aide Software - Noob (Simple) Version

We just deployed a new update, so please download the latest copy which was updated 02/13/2013 at 1:30am PST GMT -8.

Here we go, for the complete Windows 32-bit Package: KFFirstAide32.zip

For the complete Windows 64-bit Package: KFFirstAide64.zip

Be sure to update Java here: Java SE Development Kit 7u13

When you extract the package, be sure to rename the folder to C:\KFFirstAide and add an Environment Variable.
Best Regards, Chris Bryant (prokennexusa Team Member)

The Noob Guys, where Simplicity is Key......

Main Line: (707) 774-5923

KFFA Bug Tracking: http://mantis.canonicaldev.com
Pastebin for Info: http://pastebin.canonicaldev.com/

Facebook: prokennexusa@gmail.com
Twitter: #prokennexus

Search XDA for Noob............More to come!

steak2011
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twhitehead1081 View Post
I am so confused . . .

I have a kindle fire hd 7. I rooted it today using the one/two step method and it worked beautifully. I tried a couple of different launchers (go launcher hd, adw launcher and apex launcher) and all worked fine. I decided to go back to using go launcher hd since I liked it the best. No problem. Switching and uninstalling worked great. Before I could finish reinstalling the go launcher hd and moving to the system app folder, I stupidly saw the new Next Launcher and tried that. Now my kindle is stuck on an endless "Next Launcher has stopped" cycle and I can't get it to stop. I have tried resetting to factory default and that didn't work.

The odd part is, even though I get the same error message every second (literally) the kindle will still work if I'm fast enough pushing the ok button on the error. I have taken 4 hours and navigated to the menu where I force it to close (didn't work), tried to find the es file explorer (didn't work) and no matter what I do, I can't get it to stop.

I hope that was thorough enough. Any tips?
how did you brick it im having same issue

rogecuador
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemeila View Post
Since you have root access you can use adb to remove a system apk,
Use these commands:
Code:
adb shell
su