I spent all night trying to reenable USB on my device. Rebellos and I have been designing bootloaders and screwing with settings which are not normally accessed. So somehow I put my device into MODEM mode so it would try to connect to the computer as a data device instead of a camera/phone. I was seriously thinking my device was borked because I've been working inside it... and while it's a Samsung, it's not totally bulletproof.... So, to make matters worse, some asshole posted an invalid hidden code all over the internet to access factory mode on the Galaxy Camera.
Here's how you access factory mode and change your device between a normal camera and modem. Every other guide on the internet is wrong.
1. Install Nova Launcher from the market
2. hold on the launcher screen until a menu pops up.
3. select shortcuts
4. select Activities
5. select Factory Mode
6. Select Factory Mode FactoryCTRL
7. launch the Factory Mode shortcut you just created
8. use this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1894102 to locate codes for your device.
I fixed my device with the *#7284# -- Phone Utility (USB Settings) code. Both should be set to PDA.
This technique should work for EVERY device. The codes will vary, but you should be able to access factory modes.