[MOD]Bootanimation4U - Add custom bootanimation to any rom
This will add the ability to use a custom bootanimation on any rom with any kernel and probably any samsung device.
It has been tested on the Note II but should work with any samsung device that uses samsungani to load boot animations. If it doesn't work for you please post here.
Uses the typical settings bootanimation is at /system/media/bootanimation.zip, this is for those using a stock rom or a rom the dev didn't add it in.
I included the Google Gears bootanimation too. Flash the file in recovery. The attachment is a flashable zip not bootanimation.zip.
The updater-script uses busybox to mount the partitions, so if it doesn't flash correctly install busybox from an app on the play store then try again.
Edited the attachment, now includes the bootanimation binary just in case in bootanimation4u.zip, there is also another one named Bootanimation4U.Samsungani.Only that only edits samsungani.
If /system/bin/bootanimation exists flash the Bootanimation4U.Samsungani.Only.zip
How to use:
Add bootanimation.zip to /system/media
Flash Bootanimation4U.zip in recovery
If you want sound add an ogg file named PowerOn.ogg to /system/media/audio/ui, if sound doesn't work be sure /system/bin/samsungpowersoundplay exists if its there it will play sound if not its not included in your rom download it HERE
then put it where it belongs and fix the perms which should be rwxr-xr-x
Here is a method to get some bootanimations thanks to ReelFiles:
This mod is CleanROM 4.0 compatible !!
If you use/like it don't forget to hit thanks and rate the thread !!
Originally Posted by ReelFiles
1. Make a backup just in case.
2. Flash bootanimation4u.zip from recovery (I use TWRP).
3. Reboot and install Boot Animations Root
from the Play Store.
4. Go into the app's preferences and change install location to /system/media/ and leave the default filename (bootanimation.zip) and go back to the main screen.
5. Select any bootanimation from the Server tab and hit Install. (Tablet ones at the bottom of the list look best.)
6. Select the installed bootanimation again and hit Resize. Set it to 720x1280 30FPS.
7. Tap the options key and select "Preview current" Make sure you like it and reboot.
I use the Tablet - Shatter one, it looks like the one from the Jedi Roms, but higher quality.
If you Preview a few different ones and then decide to use one you downloaded earlier, delete it first then install and resize it again, or the preview will just be a black screen and might not work at all.
I believe you can preview before installing the animation if you buy the Pro version.
Check out a video tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR4Rsdgtc0I