[RECOVERY] [N7] [grouper] ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.3 + Nightlies [Flashable Zip]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
CWM Unofficial "Nightlies" Changelog - grouper:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-11.0

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.3 is still the most recent on ROM Manager, another version bump for new builds. No other changes.

Oct 7, 2013 - 6.0.4.4 fix touch events on some devices, updates to loki support.

Nov 11, 2013 - 6.0.4.5 remove all extra "no" options (create .many_confirm to restore), optional swipe-based touch controls on some devices, reboot more cleanly, vold fixes, new "last path" option under install zip and menu fixes, make/clean build fixes.

Jan 1, 2014 - 6.0.4.6 memory usage improvements, fix vold formatting, menu fixes, move all recovery settings to one file in /data/media/0/clockworkmod/, code cleanups, update loki support to v2.1, revert to old Andy with earwiggle (I worked around this change in the ramdisk because it was hideous).

Jan 22, 2014 - 6.0.4.7 build branch change to cm-11.0: add set_metadata and set_metadata_recursive to updater, don't change perms on symlinks, add reboot standalone command for 4.4 compatibility, support SHA-256 certificates in verifier, start healthd in recovery, logging improvements, fix secure adb, fix vold mounting, fix reboot timing, support xattr, improve dup backups by allowing for moved files, support multiple cores and inceased performance during backup/restore and package installation, revert to old Andy not merged; fix default backup format menu, update su daemon compatbility, code cleanups, include KK4.4 update-binary to fall back on if one in zip is too outdated or broken, switch to cat for backup and restore.

Apr 10, 2014 - 6.0.4.8 fixes to "mounts and storage" menu hiding certain mounts like /efs and /radio by default and adds ro.cwm.forbid_format and ro.cwm.forbid_mount properties to adjust these per device, enable performance mode in tgz extract/compress only, disable performance mode for package installs, display improvements for overlay devices and high res, f2fs support fixes, reboot command fixes, yaffs2 backup support, general cleanups and compile fixes, USB adb+ums fixes, support upstream minui changes, revert fallback update-binary and instead create a legacy property environment, loki updates, add native dualboot if supported, (ramdisk mod by myself to hide /staging,/boot from the format list).

(For an unofficial list of other changes between recent versions, see my previous changelog.)

Known Bugs / Notes:
- Key test does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a hard reset is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.
- SELinux in JB4.3+ changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.

Attached is a recovery flashable zip of the touch version. A newer non-touch (swipe) version is available.

Attachments

• cwm-recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.8.b60873-grouper.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 1,944
Last edited:

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
6.0.4.9 came out on June 4th. As I've said a few times, unfortunately I can't continue to support N7 grouper since I don't have one anymore and there are changes being made that require someone to be able to test and maintain things for enduser safety since the CWM/CM device maintainers don't seem terribly concerned with that.

So, since nobody has come forward and volunteered to take over, I'll be locking this thread. Please PM me if you are interested. I will happily give you simple, step-by-step instructions for how I obtain and package builds, and maintain the thread. Then I will unlock it, and transfer the ownership to you. I'm still supporting the GN so you could take the changelogs from there. Very easy if someone wants to. Take care guys, it's been fun. :)

Edit: Since CWM has reached EOL, I'm reopening this thread to post the final version. :good:

Last edited:

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.3 is still the most recent on ROM Manager, another version bump for new builds. No other changes.

Oct 7, 2013 - 6.0.4.4 fix touch events on some devices, updates to loki support.

Nov 11, 2013 - 6.0.4.5 remove all extra "no" options (create .many_confirm to restore), optional swipe-based touch controls on some devices, reboot more cleanly, vold fixes, new "last path" option under install zip and menu fixes, make/clean build fixes.

Jan 1, 2014 - 6.0.4.6 memory usage improvements, fix vold formatting, menu fixes, move all recovery settings to one file in /data/media/0/clockworkmod/, code cleanups, update loki support to v2.1, revert to old Andy with earwiggle (I worked around this change in the ramdisk because it was hideous).

Jan 22, 2014 - 6.0.4.7 build branch change to cm-11.0: add set_metadata and set_metadata_recursive to updater, don't change perms on symlinks, add reboot standalone command for 4.4 compatibility, support SHA-256 certificates in verifier, start healthd in recovery, logging improvements, fix secure adb, fix vold mounting, fix reboot timing, support xattr, improve dup backups by allowing for moved files, support multiple cores and inceased performance during backup/restore and package installation, revert to old Andy not merged; fix default backup format menu, update su daemon compatbility, code cleanups, include KK4.4 update-binary to fall back on if one in zip is too outdated or broken, switch to cat for backup and restore.

Apr 10, 2014 - 6.0.4.8 fixes to "mounts and storage" menu hiding certain mounts like /efs and /radio by default and adds ro.cwm.forbid_format and ro.cwm.forbid_mount properties to adjust these per device, enable performance mode in tgz extract/compress only, disable performance mode for package installs, display improvements for overlay devices and high res, f2fs support fixes, reboot command fixes, yaffs2 backup support, general cleanups and compile fixes, USB adb+ums fixes, support upstream minui changes, revert fallback update-binary and instead create a legacy property environment, loki updates, add native dualboot if supported.

Jun 4, 2014 - 6.0.4.9 swipe controls fixes, prevent changes to swap partitions, menu fixes, code cleanups, keep show log option on screen until dismissed, add SELinux context support to dup format backups, format non-vold extra storage to ext4 (if not otherwise specified), fix backup of directories named "media" that aren't /data/media, add SELinux context support to tar format backups, fix f2fs restore.

Jun 30, 2014 - 6.0.5.0 fix adb shell command backup/restore, improve progress reporting, speed up backups by removing current filename output in the progress, major code clean-ups, allow selective restore of multiple partitions, logo display fixes, md5 calculator fixes, swipe/touch improvements, support capacitive touch keys, only show "Mount USB Storage" when available.

Sep 12, 2014 - 6.0.5.1 fix /misc partition erase on recovery start, set SELinux contexts for init and services, seclabel support and cleanups for minivold, selinux domain fixes for adbd and minivold, add --shutdown_after option to recovery commandline execution, minor touch updates, fix slow writing of EMMC partitions, better vold formatting logic, compatibility updates for adb and 3.10 kernels.

Nov 4, 2014 - 6.0.5.1+ unofficial end-of-life build for ClockworkMod Recovery since it has had its features reduced and been rebranded to Cyanogen Recovery on the cm-12.0 branch, build fixes, (ramdisk mod by myself to hide /staging,/boot from the format list).

(For an unofficial list of other changes between recent versions, see my previous changelog.)

Known Bugs / Notes:
- Key test does not have a confirmation, so if triggered by mistake a hard reset is required if no USB connection is available to make it exit.
- SELinux in JB4.3+ changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.

Attached is a recovery flashable zip of the swipe version. Touch versions cannot be built unofficially anymore; the last unofficial touch build available is CWM 6.0.4.8.

Attachments

• cwm-recovery-clockwork-swipe-6.0.5.1+.b97583-grouper.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 3,216
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery -- Latest grouper Official & Nightlies

This thread is for the Nexus 7 2012, Wi-Fi (grouper) model, ME370T.

"Nightlies" and changelogs are posted in this thread each time a version bump is made in the source with no official update on ROM Manager. Zips for the latest official are also posted until another "nightly" gets made. Links to the latest "nightly" zips will be in this post, as well as links to the latest official fastboot images via ROM Manager.

http://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-11.0

Downloads

Current Official: 6.0.4.3 (Oct 6, 2013)
    Fastboot links: http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager
    Changelog link: http://v.ht/6043go

Use the appropriate fastboot command to flash on an unlocked bootloader:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockworkmod-touch-6.0.4.3-grouper.img

Or use my Flashlt script or Recovery zip!

Final "Nightly": 6.0.5.1+ (Nov 4, 2014)
    Flashable Zip / Changelog link: http://v.ht/6051gf

Zips provided to flash in the custom recovery of your choice.

Credits: I take no credit for any of the fantastic work done on the recovery; I'm just making it easier for the community to follow along by sharing builds from builder.clockworkmod.com (or mirrors.reflected.net for 6.0.4.9+) and packaging them as zips with a changelog summarized from the Github contributions. CWM is open source and features ongoing work by koush, cyanogen, PhilZ and many others.

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.3 is the most recent on ROM Manager, another version bump for new builds. No other changes.

Known Bugs / Notes:

[ Attachments removed since there is a newer nightly. ]
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.2

Oct 6, 2013 - 6.0.4.3 is the most recent on ROM Manager, another version bump for new builds. No other changes.

Known Bugs / Notes:
    - SELinux in JB4.3 changes the permissions of su on every boot, so after any boot back to Android you will get a su warning in CWM; it can be ignored.

[ Attachments removed since there is a newer nightly. ]

Apr 10, 2014 - 6.0.4.8 fixes to "mounts and storage" menu hiding certain mounts like /efs and /radio by default and adds ro.cwm.forbid_format and ro.cwm.forbid_mount properties to adjust these per device, enable performance mode in tgz extract/compress only, disable performance mode for package installs, display improvements for overlay devices and high res, f2fs support fixes, reboot command fixes, yaffs2 backup support, general cleanups and compile fixes, USB adb+ums fixes, support upstream minui changes, revert fallback update-binary and instead create a legacy property environment, loki updates, add native dualboot if supported, (ramdisk mod by myself to hide /staging,/boot from the format list).

Known Bugs / Notes:

Attached is a recovery flashable zip of the touch version. A newer non-touch (swipe) version is available.
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery/commits/cm-10.1

Apr 13, 2013 - 6.0.3.1 is the most recent on ROM Manager, fix segfaults on non-/sdcard/ devices and writing recovery version/device to /sdcard/0/clockworkmod/, clean up minadbd, save recovery log with backups, extend courier font for minui, allow cancellation of sideload and triggering via command.

May 2, 2013 - 6.0.3.2 add ext4 support, on unrooted devices will ask to root and do so with koush's Superuser.

Known Bugs:

[ Attachments removed as a newer nightly has been released. ]