[KERNEL]Droid DNA Cubed Kernel Stock/System Write/Unsec ADB[01.23.13]Added HSIC fix

28th December 2012, 09:43 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 8

75 posts
I'm hitting a wall here. I was running your other kernel version 2.2.3, ran into a few freezes on device wake, and saw that 2.3.2 might be a fix. Flashed the boot.img through fastboot, flashed the modules through recovery, and ended up with a bootloop.

At this point, I figured I might as well try this stock kernel since, to be totally honest, write to system was all I wanted. The problem is, the DNA.Stock.Kernel.zip won't flash in recovery. It keeps aborting, even when sideloaded.

I don't know enough adb to figure out exactly what the issue is, but if you need more information, I'll be glad to give it.
28th December 2012, 12:13 PM   |  #22  
Gilford, NH
Thanks Meter: 104

564 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensikora

I'm hitting a wall here. I was running your other kernel version 2.2.3, ran into a few freezes on device wake, and saw that 2.3.2 might be a fix. Flashed the boot.img through fastboot, flashed the modules through recovery, and ended up with a bootloop.

At this point, I figured I might as well try this stock kernel since, to be totally honest, write to system was all I wanted. The problem is, the DNA.Stock.Kernel.zip won't flash in recovery. It keeps aborting, even when sideloaded.

I don't know enough adb to figure out exactly what the issue is, but if you need more information, I'll be glad to give it.

DNA.Stock.Kernel.zip is not flashable. Unzip and move boot.img to your computer. Flashboot the img. Then flash the modules zip.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to madAdam6LOVE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2012, 01:19 PM   |  #23  
Flag Hampstead NC
Thanks Meter: 79

401 posts
More
whoops wrong thread
Last edited by ianPhillips1; 28th December 2012 at 01:29 PM.
28th December 2012, 03:25 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 8

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madAdam6LOVE

DNA.Stock.Kernel.zip is not flashable. Unzip and move boot.img to your computer. Flashboot the img. Then flash the modules zip.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm an idiot. That thought never occurred to me at all. Thank you.
2nd January 2013, 06:35 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 198

452 posts
Donate to Me
More
Before I flash this.. what would the "undo" process be to go back to the stock kernel?
2nd January 2013, 01:57 PM   |  #26  
Flag Des Moines, IA
Thanks Meter: 275

686 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkay

Before I flash this.. what would the "undo" process be to go back to the stock kernel?

Check his other kernel's post. The stock kernel and module is there...

Actually here you go...

http://d-h.st/Zs9
2nd January 2013, 05:36 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 198

452 posts
Donate to Me
More
Already installed the Cubed kernel and it fixed my problem with WiFi Tether. I guess WiFi Tether doesn't work well with Superuser, but SuperSU had problems with no write access to system so I was using Superuser. Kept getting NAT problems starting WiFi Tether no matter what settings or APK I used. As soon as I popped this kernel in and switched back to SuperSU, WiFi Tether started working perfectly without any other setting changes. Thanks for this kernel, big help! Also, thanks for the link to revert if I need to.
4th January 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 44

249 posts
Wifi problem
Wifi won't start with this stock/system write kernel. I've gone back and forth with the true stock kernel a couple of times and same thing. When I start wifi the first time, it just gets stuck with the turning on wifi... message, but never succeeds. Can't fully turn it off either, just sits in limbo, and even persists after reboot, clearing caches, etc, though I'm not willing to try factory reset. Going back to full stock fixes it.
4th January 2013, 02:23 AM   |  #29  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Edison, NJ
Thanks Meter: 3,151

1,728 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn2burn

Wifi won't start with this stock/system write kernel. I've gone back and forth with the true stock kernel a couple of times and same thing. When I start wifi the first time, it just gets stuck with the turning on wifi... message, but never succeeds. Can't fully turn it off either, just sits in limbo, and even persists after reboot, clearing caches, etc, though I'm not willing to try factory reset. Going back to full stock fixes it.

Then you aren't flashing the modules. Nothing is broken.

D

4th January 2013, 11:48 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 44

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb9938

Then you aren't flashing the modules. Nothing is broken.

D

Ahha. Thought module flashing was just for your tweaked kernel. Ill try again later. BTW, do u need to do module flashing in return to stock, or jus flashboot?
Last edited by yearn2burn; 4th January 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread