Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,353 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL]Droid DNA Cubed Kernel Stock/System Write/Unsec ADB[01.23.13]Added HSIC fix

Tip us?
 
kensikora
Old
#21  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jun 2010
I'm hitting a wall here. I was running your other kernel version 2.2.3, ran into a few freezes on device wake, and saw that 2.3.2 might be a fix. Flashed the boot.img through fastboot, flashed the modules through recovery, and ended up with a bootloop.

At this point, I figured I might as well try this stock kernel since, to be totally honest, write to system was all I wanted. The problem is, the DNA.Stock.Kernel.zip won't flash in recovery. It keeps aborting, even when sideloaded.

I don't know enough adb to figure out exactly what the issue is, but if you need more information, I'll be glad to give it.
 
madAdam6LOVE
Old
#22  
madAdam6LOVE's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 561
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Concord, NH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensikora View Post
I'm hitting a wall here. I was running your other kernel version 2.2.3, ran into a few freezes on device wake, and saw that 2.3.2 might be a fix. Flashed the boot.img through fastboot, flashed the modules through recovery, and ended up with a bootloop.

At this point, I figured I might as well try this stock kernel since, to be totally honest, write to system was all I wanted. The problem is, the DNA.Stock.Kernel.zip won't flash in recovery. It keeps aborting, even when sideloaded.

I don't know enough adb to figure out exactly what the issue is, but if you need more information, I'll be glad to give it.
DNA.Stock.Kernel.zip is not flashable. Unzip and move boot.img to your computer. Flashboot the img. Then flash the modules zip.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy S4 ME7 Rooted

Nexus 7 Slimbean
The Following User Says Thank You to madAdam6LOVE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ianPhillips1
Old
(Last edited by ianPhillips1; 28th December 2012 at 01:29 PM.)
#23  
ianPhillips1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 398
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hampstead NC
whoops wrong thread
@Nestaroot
HTC M8 - AICP
VZW
Nexus7 '13 - 32gb - CLeanrom

Passed on to others:
Galaxy s4
HTC DNA
Nook Color
Dinc
Dinc2
Rezound
 
kensikora
Old
#24  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by madAdam6LOVE View Post
DNA.Stock.Kernel.zip is not flashable. Unzip and move boot.img to your computer. Flashboot the img. Then flash the modules zip.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
I'm an idiot. That thought never occurred to me at all. Thank you.
 
elkay
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 448
Join Date: Apr 2005

 
DONATE TO ME
Before I flash this.. what would the "undo" process be to go back to the stock kernel?
Samsung Galaxy S4 - MDK bootloader / TWRP / NC5 modem / TW 4.4.2 debloated
Samsung Gear Fit - stock
Retired - iPhone, iPhone 3G, DX, DX2, D3, iPhone 4, Rezound, DNA, MOTOACTV

If you like what I've done, hit thanks or buy me a beer.
 
chrisngrod
Old
#26  
chrisngrod's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 273
Posts: 684
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Des Moines, IA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkay View Post
Before I flash this.. what would the "undo" process be to go back to the stock kernel?
Check his other kernel's post. The stock kernel and module is there...

Actually here you go...

http://d-h.st/Zs9
[VIDEO] Samsung Galaxy S5 DEAD due to WATER DAMAGE
...and charging the S5 underwater...


Current Devices: HTC One Max | Note 3 | Galaxy S5 | AT&T iPad Mini | Cricket Moto G

37F Airborne! - Jumpmaster
Cricket Users Forum Owner
 
elkay
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 448
Join Date: Apr 2005

 
DONATE TO ME
Already installed the Cubed kernel and it fixed my problem with WiFi Tether. I guess WiFi Tether doesn't work well with Superuser, but SuperSU had problems with no write access to system so I was using Superuser. Kept getting NAT problems starting WiFi Tether no matter what settings or APK I used. As soon as I popped this kernel in and switched back to SuperSU, WiFi Tether started working perfectly without any other setting changes. Thanks for this kernel, big help! Also, thanks for the link to revert if I need to.
Samsung Galaxy S4 - MDK bootloader / TWRP / NC5 modem / TW 4.4.2 debloated
Samsung Gear Fit - stock
Retired - iPhone, iPhone 3G, DX, DX2, D3, iPhone 4, Rezound, DNA, MOTOACTV

If you like what I've done, hit thanks or buy me a beer.
 
yearn2burn
Old
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 232
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default Wifi problem

Wifi won't start with this stock/system write kernel. I've gone back and forth with the true stock kernel a couple of times and same thing. When I start wifi the first time, it just gets stuck with the turning on wifi... message, but never succeeds. Can't fully turn it off either, just sits in limbo, and even persists after reboot, clearing caches, etc, though I'm not willing to try factory reset. Going back to full stock fixes it.
 
dsb9938
Old
#29  
dsb9938's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3149
Posts: 1,722
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edison, NJ

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn2burn View Post
Wifi won't start with this stock/system write kernel. I've gone back and forth with the true stock kernel a couple of times and same thing. When I start wifi the first time, it just gets stuck with the turning on wifi... message, but never succeeds. Can't fully turn it off either, just sits in limbo, and even persists after reboot, clearing caches, etc, though I'm not willing to try factory reset. Going back to full stock fixes it.
Then you aren't flashing the modules. Nothing is broken.

D

.
 
yearn2burn
Old
(Last edited by yearn2burn; 4th January 2013 at 11:53 AM.)
#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 232
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb9938 View Post
Then you aren't flashing the modules. Nothing is broken.

D

.
Ahha. Thought module flashing was just for your tweaked kernel. Ill try again later. BTW, do u need to do module flashing in return to stock, or jus flashboot?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes