XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VZW GS3 Custom Kernel Experiences

Tip us?

juancaperez2000
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiPhiDan View Post
Interested by this new kernel, dkp. Anyone try it yet? Apparently it's been on other carriers for a month.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Running now, with freelunch governor and is running really good

The Following User Says Thank You to juancaperez2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Josolanes
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Running KT747 4/11 on Carbon's 4/13 nightly OC to 1.89Ghz with voltage adjustments, row scheduler, and some VM tweaks as well as build prop tweaks. Ran a benchmark through Quadrant with the Performance governor (but dd the Ktoons governor) and got this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365949686420.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1883270

I very happy with how its running, extremely responsive and have had no issues with stability at all. I don't see any slow down with ktoons vs performance and ktoons governor actually benched 52xx or so

Unlocked Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

Josolanes
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Pretty much where I'm at also

Unlocked Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

bigwillyg
Old
Thanks Meter 2291

DONATE TO ME
The things that are harder to get are worth the trouble. You wouldn't be disappointed.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
HTC EVO 3D CDMA
S-OFF HBOOT 1.58.58
ROM: NegaLite Blurom SVN
KERNEL: ButteredToast
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigwillyg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

STLRamsFan1k
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Just a bit of a pain to get an invite to the site but oh well. Don't know anyone who would be able to get me in... :|

sonwon
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRamsFan1k View Post
Just a bit of a pain to get an invite to the site but oh well. Don't know anyone who would be able to get me in... :|
You have some unnamed people to thank for that; they lied to get access to the site to steal and were caught. So now there are tighter controls to protect the organization from thefts. I could name names but that would just get me a warning / infraction. They are well protected developers. Besides, there has been enough drama so it would be great if they would just let go.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23825

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonwon View Post
You have some unnamed people to thank for that; they lied to get access to the site to steal and were caught. So now there are tighter controls to protect the organization from thefts. I could name names but that would just get me a warning / infraction. They are well protected developers. Besides, there has been enough drama so it would be great if they would just let go.
Nobody under my watch is "well protected." XDA enforces the forum rules here and is not responsible for what goes on beyond this site. That goes for the site of which you speak, github, google +, Twitbook, all of them. So as you say let's end this here. PM each other if you want to try to get invites to there.
Thanks
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
The Following User Says Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aypeeootrek
Old
(Last edited by KennyG123; 15th April 2013 at 09:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 101
On another note, I'm on latest goodness with latest stable faux kernel. Guerrilla gadgets extended battery and can barely last half a day 1680/482, on demand and noop. Once I get a decent charge I'm gonna flash Zeus v2. Was getting pretty solid battery on my last Rom with it
The Following User Says Thank You to aypeeootrek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

STLRamsFan1k
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Anyways, ignoring all the negative facts and stuff about how to get it and such, I'm curious, how does it compare to the widely available ones that are out now (LT, KT, ect) in your opinion? I've always wondered that since I keep hearing great things about it but never how it compares to the ones that are more widely available. On CleanRom 5.6 since I seem to be getting the best performance out of it but am tempted to give custom kernels a shot again to see if I can get even better performance out of it.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23825

DONATE TO ME
I asked that discussions of that other site cease
Thread cleaned
Last warning
Thanks
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here