[MOD][CM11][CM10.2][CM10.1][PAC] Enabling Facebook Contact Sync In CM,PAC and orther
Cause from IS google disable Facebook Contacts sync so i modified ContactsProvider.apk to enable FB sync in CM10.2 ;cm 10.1 JB rom (tested),Pacrom 4.3 (tested) and maybe aosp rom ( didnt test).
Guide screenshot and credit is :
and --> http://www.modaco.com/page/news/_/an...#commentsStart
I modified code and included in ContactsProvider.apk so you dont have to do with contact database by sqlite... all you need is clearing old contacts database. When it first lauchs it will create new proper contact database.
30/11/13: update for CM 11
02/10/13: fix for Cm10.2. i have tested it in latest cm-10.2-20131001-NIGHTLY on my Galaxy S, it work fine now.
06//09/13: - add support CM10.2
, pls test it and report.
- add support PacRom JB4.3
- make CWM flashable zip file cm10,cm10.1, pls test it. If u have problem, try manual method
26/12: - remove error CWM zip file, now manual install
- change source to CM10 stable, now it work both CM10 and CM10.1
- first bug version
1. Sync contact to backup data to google cloud,
2. Clear old contact database by ->setting->app-> all->contact storage ->clear data (very important)
3. Delete FB account in Setting-> account
4. Backup ContactsProvider.apk in system/app
5. Flash attached zip file in Clock work mode( if u have problem, try manual method: put attached ContactsProvider.apk in system/app override old one, change permission to 644
6. Reboot the device.
7. Resync Google Contact and FaceBook.
In kitkat (cm11) ContactsProvider.apk is in system/priv-app instead of system/app
if no change-> try step 2; 3
if you lauch contact, phone, android process error..-> try step 2 because conflict in old contact data and resync;
if still error, maybe it s not suitable with ur rom, pls restore ur backup in step 4