5,593,876 Members 47,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Polaroid All in One - Root, Un-Root, Play Store, Should work on other devices

Tip us?

TeODH4
Old
(Last edited by TeODH4; 10th February 2013 at 06:50 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Polaroid All in One - Root, Un-Root, Play Store, Should work on other devices

Polaroid All in One is a C++ application that will easily and quickly Root, Un-Root, and Install / Remove Google Applications and Google Services Framework. This software is designed for the PTAB8000, and PMID800. However, should work for similar tablets running Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean. If you use this software with any other device please post your results in the this forum.

Have feature requests? Just let me know, and we'll see what we can do.

Supported Devices - Testing a device that is not in the list? Let us know if it works for you!
Polaroid PTAB8000 | Polaroid PMID800

Requirements
  • Microsoft Windows (Linux and Mac support coming soon)
  • ADB Drivers http://www.mediafire.com/?wiupp5h2d8zs6g5
  • Android Device Running 4.0 or later (Google Apps only supported on 4.0.x, support for JB coming soon)

Get involved in the project

Donate - If you find this software useful please consider donating to the project. This will ensure I can continue to develop and support this project, as well as other android projects. I will be releasing some custom ROMs in the near future. Even the smallest amount can make a difference. Thank you so much for your support!

Make a video - Do you have a way to record a video? You can make a video tutorial / testimonial demoing the use of Polaroid All in One. I will post links to such videos here. A great way to get some subscribers

Provide Support - While I try to check this thread several times a day. I have a heavy work load and if you can provide any support to users experiencing issues, please do so.

UPDATE 1/21/13 -- PTAB8000, does the v2 firmware work?
It has come to my attention that the PTAB8000 v2 firmware may also work. So, if you are up for some testing, try it out and leave us feedback in the forum. Download the v2.0 Firmware here

UPDATE 1/21/13 -- Polaroid v2.1b [Beta Release]

After a nightmare's worth of coding Polaroid All in One v2.0 is finally here. This update aims to provide the best possible user experience. While utilizing the latest patches discovered by the team. I would like to give a special shout out to Android Pizza for taking the initiative to get a fully stocked Play Store on the PTAB8000. Special thanks to the guys over at FreakTab for providing the permission files needed for the patch on the PTAB8000. Last but not least I would like to thank all of you for testing every single release. You're feedback is critical to this product. Every single post has helped in AIO's development process.

PTAB8000 users please make sure you are running a stock v1.0 firmware. If you have tried earilier versions of Polaroid AIO, or have used any other files to patch your tablet, you must reflash your tablet. Please see the section below on flashing your PTAB8000.

Download v2.1b: here

UPDATE 1/21/13 -- How to flash the stock firmware on the PTAB8000

Download and v1.0 Firmware here.
Download and v2.0 Firmware here if you are willing to test it for us.
The flashing tutorial can be found here.

UPDATE 12/30/12 -- Polaroid All in One v1.6b [Old, Stable Release]

I am leaving this version posted as it seems to have been the most stable version. This will work with Android Pizza's tutorial on the PTAB8000, and works perfectly on the PMID800. I ask that you please try v2.1 first as it should solve all issues and provides a much better user experience.

Download v1.6b: here
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TeODH4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rysimpson318
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Keep up the good work, and if you need anyone to test it, let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to rysimpson318 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uncuthkid
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Polaroid AIO

Was able to add google play to the PMID800 Polaroid Tablet. There was all ready some framework, so I removed google then re-added.
The Following User Says Thank You to uncuthkid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TeODH4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncuthkid View Post
Was able to add google play to the PMID800 Polaroid Tablet. There was all ready some framework, so I removed google then re-added.
Great to hear, does everything work correctly?

TeODH4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Well unfortunately it seems my ptab8000's screen stopped working... I am going to try and get the device exchanged, Khols may be out of stock on this item now... :-/

jlaudio11
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This set of instructions worked for installing Google Play on my PMID10C.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1749707

TeODH4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Just updated this thread see the original post for the Polaroid All in One 1.3b beta release. I need people to test this update and let me know if it fixes the issues with the Google Services Framework, and the Google Play Store crashing. Make sure you choose Remove Google Applications and Framework first be fore you install the updated gapps.

Good luck please post back to this thread with your results.

-Wayne

TeODH4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default Minor Bug Fix

Fixed minor bug when displaying information about connected device. updated post, please download 1.3.1b

Pihrana
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeODH4 View Post
Fixed minor bug when displaying information about connected device. updated post, please download 1.3.1b
I'm trying to give it a go but I cannot get Windows 8 to recognise the device when I plug it in. I managed to get the ADB drivers installed eventually as you need a work around for the "The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information" but that didnt help Windows 8 see the device. Then I installed the Google USB Drivers from the Android SDK Manager, but that hasn't helped.

I have everything checked correctly in the Settings --> Developer's section too....... Anyone else managed to get this device to work with Windows 8?

TeODH4
Old
(Last edited by TeODH4; 28th December 2012 at 09:29 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pihrana View Post
I'm trying to give it a go but I cannot get Windows 8 to recognise the device when I plug it in. I managed to get the ADB drivers installed eventually as you need a work around for the "The third-party INF does not contain digital signature information" but that didnt help Windows 8 see the device. Then I installed the Google USB Drivers from the Android SDK Manager, but that hasn't helped.

I have everything checked correctly in the Settings --> Developer's section too....... Anyone else managed to get this device to work with Windows 8?
What device do you have? Did you follow these steps here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982718 Can you run an adb command to interface with the device? I do not currently have a Windows 8 install to debug on. Give me a couple hours and I'll setup a VM for some debuging... You may also want to try using compatibility mode. http://www.online-tech-tips.com/wind...-in-windows-8/