This rom looks insane!!!

Search This thread

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ
This Omega rom looks like it would be amazing!!! Has the most customization and stock look but can mod the sh+t out of it within the simplistic framework app...Ive been trying to get scott and beans to check out this framework and there looking into it...heres the link to the rom on in international note2 thread...my question is "CAN ANYONE PORT THIS OVER TO OUR VERIZON NOTE 2?!?!?!" thanks guys!!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1915036

Sent from my Unlocked & Loaded Beast!

Last edited:
Reactions: thunderbread

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
Ok, I just looked at it again and that ROM is just sick. Talk about a change log. Have you contacted the Dev about supporting the Verizon carrier apn, I mean Scott is using the GN2 international 4.1.2 code and added carrier support via Aroma so it begs the question could he do something similar?

Last edited:

DroidOnRoids

Dec 30, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Omega Rom is a well known/supported rom. I've seen a TON of people flocking to that rom on the International Galaxy SIII. I don't think the team has ever done a US Carrier version. A port would be nice though!

Devildog8791

Sep 15, 2009
Lonoke, AR
This Omega rom looks like it would be amazing!!! Has the most customization and stock look but can mod the sh+t out of it within the simplistic framework app...Ive been trying to get scott and beans to check out this framework and there looking into it...heres the link to the rom on in international note2 thread...my question is "CAN ANYONE PORT THIS OVER TO OUR VERIZON NOTE 2?!?!?!" thanks guys!!!

Is there a hidden link in your post somewhere?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ
Ok, I just looked at it again and that ROM is just sick. Talk about a change log. Have you contacted the Dev about supporting the Verizon carrier apn, I mean Scott is using the GN2 international 4.1.2 code and added carrier support via Aroma so it begs the question could he do something similar?

I havent contacted the dev and I kniw scott uses the international rom but the 7105...this is based off of 7100 I believe...I think there might be an issue there but idk...Im going to PM the developer and ask hopefully hell respond! !!

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
I also pm'd the dev, from his reply it seems its not in the cards at this time. I have neither the knowledge of ROM development or the vaguest clue how to do it, perhaps someone who does could see about making a port with the Omega teams permission or help. It would certainly be cool to have support in the US for it.

Scott's works is equally impressive in its own right, and from the discussions there its possible some of the features could end up in Scott's work at some point which would be cool. Though Scott is more about clean,stable and high performing "stock" ROM which is why I like his work. Not interested in losing what the Note 2 has to offer.

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
huh.. if someone wants to try this ROM I thought Scott released a patch for 7100 based ROM's in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055218

So long as a the ROM doesn't include a recovery or boot image you should be fine... Just make sure you double check the install script is writing to the correct mount points...

I would check and test for you but I am at work ATM and have the kids tonight...

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ
huh.. if someone wants to try this ROM I thought Scott released a patch for 7100 based ROM's in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055218

So long as a the ROM doesn't include a recovery or boot image you should be fine... Just make sure you double check the install script is writing to the correct mount points...

I would check and test for you but I am at work ATM and have the kids tonight...

He said dont use on the note 2 7100 roms but should work on the 7105 roms.. this rom seems to be 7100 so he said he wouldnt try it bc something with the radios

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
yea you might need to add a few more files for the radios.. should really try and diff a 7100 and 7105 stock ROM to see exactly what is different. if it more than just lib's and something in the framework we might be sh!t out of luck.. My guess is though that the needed changes in the framework are applied to all the bases that Samsung uses though... Like I said I wouldnt be able to look at it until sometime later in the week eitherway.

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ
yea you might need to add a few more files for the radios.. should really try and diff a 7100 and 7105 stock ROM to see exactly what is different. if it more than just lib's and something in the framework we might be sh!t out of luck.. My guess is though that the needed changes in the framework are applied to all the bases that Samsung uses though... Like I said I wouldnt be able to look at it until sometime later in the week eitherway.

Thanks dude!!! Let me know if you figure it out...if you need any help I can help but not too helpful with code or anything pike that...I remember scott saying sokething about the radios with the 7100 vs the 7105

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
Glad to see you here kejar31, I ran a lot of your ROM work in the past and really enjoyed it. So many devices in 2012, but the Note 2 should hold me for a while or at least until the Note 3 comes along, but with our luck Verizon won't pick it up.

pschatz12

Jul 1, 2012
Central NJ
Had anyone got in touch with the developer to see if they would mind if we tried to port over there rom to our Verizon note 2!?!?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i think ima try to get something goin here...
    No one emailed me and said they wanted to work on it... And the other guy said it was already done on the AT&T phone but he can't release it until he gets the okay from the dev. So I am not sure what you are expecting.. If I were you at this point I would contact the Dev.

im down to work with you on it i can do the brunt of the work if you are busy.. as long as we get the devs ok then im down ;)
    got it booted. running smooth. couple edits and i might have something successful :)

no success with data.. how did you get 3g? i tried to add apn but it disappeared as soon as i hit save
    I took a quick look at this last night.. looks pretty strait forward to make a VZW version.. Here is what will need to be done.. First I want to point out that the Framework-res from the latest release used in Clean ROM and the one used in this are exactly the same.. not even a change in the resources (aka the public ID's) so there should be no need to worry about swapping out files here when needed.

To start you are going to need a Clean version of the stock n7100 and n7105 (I was able to find them without issue) There are a few files that you need from the app and lib section of the 7105 base I believe LTEtest etc.. Eitherway a simple diff from a program like kdiff should point it out. You will also need to remove a few things such as the the fmradio..

Next you will need to focus on the framework directory.. the ext, framework.jar and framewor2.jar can be just directly copied over as the ROM didnt make changes to these files.. Althogh android-policy and services are different.. These files were modified as part of the Omega ROM.. To make them work you will need to baksmali the original 7100 file and the Omega one to see exactly what was changes then apply those changes to the stock 7105 services and android-policy files.. this will require a diff application such as kdiff but in this circumstance I would most likely find that diffmerge would work best.. after applying those changes you should also need to apply the 7105 patch that scott provides..

After all that you should have a working Omega based ROM..
    No one emailed me and said they wanted to work on it... And the other guy said it was already done on the AT&T phone but he can't release it until he gets the okay from the dev. So I am not sure what you are expecting.. If I were you at this point I would contact the Dev.